S&P Global Market Intelligence Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2017

3.2

121 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

There were total three rounds, first was online quantitative test after passing that two interview rounds one with manager and other with senior manager. There was not HR round, and both the rounds was average in terms of difficulty.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

The process took 2 months to complete. There were 4 rounds which included 2 HR round and 2 Technical interviews. The HR rounds involved simple HR questions. They look for good communication skills and good personality traits.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview consist of 4 rounds and difficulty level is Average. First round is Aptitude Test which consist of Finance Questions, 2nd round is HR round in which knowledge regarding current company and position for which candidate is applied is checked, 3rd team leader in which past work experience is discussed and 4th is with Manager and it's a bit same as 3rd round.

Interview Questions

• Related to Basic Finance question about past work experience, Current Company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

First Round is Online aptitude test, HR Screening round, Technical round and last round is Director's round. however interview process is long and tough but worthy to go through to land a job in such a top research company. I applied via its career and got to the mail for online test within six days of receiving the mail following by HR call to inform you the positive result of the test and ask you to visit the office for further rounds of interview. They will check your deep knowledge of finance and analytical skills with an eye for detail.

Interview Questions

• It is all about aptitude test and its questions so far, will update further once get to experience. There will be a online MCQ test of 100 min. Syllabus and pattern of the test are
      # 30 questions from Airthmetic maths and time duration will be 20 min.there will be 30 questions. Maths questions topics are most likely to be Average, SI & CI, Probability, Permutation and combination, Number series, Number system, mixture, Percentage, profit & loss and discounts, some very basic mensuration questions.

#10 questions of simple English grammar of sentence fillers and synonyms & antonyms for 10 min,

#10 questions from current affairs especially brand name,CEO, tagline of world's top companies for 10 min,

#50 questions from accounts and finance which requires deep understanding of the concepts for 50 min.and

#lastly 15 minutes SOP.   Answer Question
    • Finance questions based on following topics as per memory are.
      Leverage buyouts, intrinsic value and market value of shares, ESOP. Cash flow, future derivatives, buyers and seller positions and profit maximization position, private placement, shares and types with features, floating coupon rate and advantages, GAAP, CDO, BLO, Public financial statement as per Indian GAAP, objective of financial statement, depreciation methods, operation cost, fixed assets, capital budgeting decisions, Underwriting, YTM, technical and fundamental analysis, Share market and black days and their dates.

Around 10 questions will be based on given paragraph based on financial information of the companies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

HR Briefing. Round 1.
    Technical Round. Round 2. All Technical questions were asked about your knowledge in financial world.
    Director's Round. Round 3. This was a grilling round. No Technical question. By far the longest round.
    Got selected. Then HR briefed about salary details. The Results were positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

First round will be technical round, it will be paper pen test (OMR sheets will be given). questions will be on corporate finance, accountancy.In Manager round you will be asked question according to performance and then HR round where your roles will be dicussed

Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in February 2017.

Interview

1) Online test
    5 sections - General aptitude (basic English, Maths), Reading Comprehension, Finance (study for important terms related to IPO, indices) ,SOP Writing, GK

2) Interview - 3 rounds - HR, Technical 1 with the manager, Technical 2 with the Director
    (HR round tests your communication and personality, T1 was aptitude, T2 was technical)

Interview Questions

• HR QUESTIONS - Tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, elevator pitch, strengths, weaknesses.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

FIrst, there was an online aptitude test for which we were called at the office. It had 4 sections namely, quantitative ability, english, general aptitude, and technical knowledge. After 1-2 weeks selected candidates were called for an HR round. After passing this round there was a manager round or technical round. And lastly, there was a director round.

Interview Questions

• Difference between investment firm and brokerage firm   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online for gurgaon location.
    Process started with an online aptitude test comprising English, Maths, Computer and finance related questions.
    2nd round was personal interview with HR and then technical round related to field.

Interview Questions

• AS 26, Venture Capital, Weighted Average Cost of capital, Depreciation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 5 rounds.

1. Aptitude test -quant, verbal, LR, RC
    2. HR interview- basic questions
    3. Test -GK, language, maths, etc
    4. Managers round- various questions
    5. Directors round- 5 minute interview

Interview Questions

• How would you fit into the role?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer