S&P Global Market Intelligence Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Capital IQ came to our university career fair and my resume got selected. The next week I was called to give a Skills test and that followed by a 1:1 interview of one hour and consisted of basic questions like Reverse a linked list, Tree traversal, etc. The week after that I got a reply from the hiring manager about them moving ahead with other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a linked list   2 Answers
  • Tree traversal - Show that P and Q are contained in the nodes of a tree. (Don't remember the exact question..It had a diagram)   Answer Question
  • Draw ER Diagram for a contact management system having subsidary companies, etc..   Answer Question
  • How to count the number of set bits in a character??   Answer Question
  • Pseudo code to get stock quotes of public companies using an API and a cache efficient way to store it to reduce server load per calls.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Interview

There was a Telephonic Interview of about 1 hour nd 30 minutes. Various conceptul questions from Operting Systems, Java, mainly Databases were asked. Overall the interview process was easy.
    Next interview was also telephonic where HR questions were asked and projects were discussed.

Interview Questions

• Quesions about the scalability of various projects.   Answer Question
    • Explain the concept of Critical Section and various remedies for it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Noida (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

On campus interview.
    The process started with two written rounds, one comprised of verbal reasoning and analytical reasoning questions, the other one was a litter more technical(database, coding questions). Both the written rounds had MCQs.
    Next, there were two technical interview rounds. In both rounds question on Java, Database, Operating Systems and college projects were asked.
    The last round was the director round which was just a simple discussion round.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

There are three rounds. First is the online test which is a mix of aptitude and technical and programming as well. Second and third rounds are core technical rounds focussing on DSA and DBMS. They asked all sort of joins and tuning a query. Linked Lists and Trees were there area of focus.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New Delhi (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Campus placement - written test followed by interviews which includes algorithms data structures and design question.
    Written test consisted of apti, sql, algorithms and data structures questions.
    It was full one day process.
    got the offer on the same day.
    i only had 1 very long interview round , others had multiple rounds too

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

i applied through recruitment process.they mentioned 4 profiles SE,DBA, quality analyst, business analyst. i applied for SE n DBA. first we had ap replacement talk, whch was worst, they dint even make a presentation.
    we had written test for each profile, followed by a GD, followed by three interviews, 2 tech n 1 HR. i cud mak till 1st interview round.
    writtten test was easy. it contained aptitude qsns, c, c++ questions, DBA part had some easy queries n query on date manipulation were bit hard.
    interview wasn't that gud.
    question were very random.
    about TCP IP from networks
    he asked me simple query whch i cud answer, but one of the interviewer (who cudn't even speak english properly) was constantly interupting me.
    mirrror image of binary tree, i answered it
    count no of leaf nodes in binary tree.
    a complex program was asked inn written test he asked me if i hav discussed it with my friends n asked me to re write the program. i cudnt write it, but cud explain my approach, but he inststed to write the code.

Interview Questions

• how does google search engine work? imean when u type the search string what actually happens. i tried to explain him but in vain.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Talked to Capital IQ recruiter coming to career fair on my college and I dropped off my resume. Later I was invited to the in person interview held in my college. I was pretty surprised when I walked in and get a 5-6 pages of coding/database questions, which I have to write down the answer just like a CS class midterm. I didn't finish it and in the end the recruiter went over all the questions with me.
    After that first interview, I was invited to the final interview in new york office. Talked to a few developers and over all the process went well and smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Questions are basic coding / database. Nothing really difficult if you prepared well.   Answer Question