S&P Global Market Intelligence Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online on my school's Job link. It is an on campus interview and I was asked to finish 4 programming questions in 30 mins. And the interviewer went through those 4 question with me together.

Interview Questions

• Design a Cache to store stock information.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

On-Campus: Written test followed by a follow-up in person interview.
    On-site:
    3 back to back technical interviews, 40-45 minutes each.
    Questions:
    1. Design "Undo" and "Redo" feature for a text editor.
    2. Given an integer array, return "1" if sum of any two numbers is zero.
    3. Use two dice to create a random number generator (0-15).
    4. What is a Race Condition?
    5. Given a continuous stream of characters, find the first non-repeating character.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Had an on campus interview. Took 30 minutes paper test and then went through all the questions with the interviewer. Some follow-up questions from the interviewers are not easy compare to the written test.

Interview Questions

• Binary tree path sum
      find a linkedlist's nth to last node
      Cache design
      DB design
      count the number of bits in a char   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I dropped my resume off at the campus career fair. Was contacted afterward to take a test at the school; after completing the test I was taken to their headquarters in New York. I interview with 3 people, it didn't go well, because their questions were either questioning projects I'd written or write extremely simple code, so there wasn't much to talk about when they're expecting some kind of thinking process that really is unnecessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (College Park, MD) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied to Capital IQ through my university's career fair. Then I was given an on-campus interview. The first half of the interview was a skills test. The recruiter walked in, handed me the test, and gave me 30 minutes to complete. It consisted of 5 technical questions pertaining to data structures and bit manipulation.

Interview Questions

• Given a tree, create a function for a getting a sub-tree given P and K.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

You were given A skills assesment which you had 20 minutes to complete. After the exam was over, A interviewer came into the room to discuss what you did and the thought process you had doing it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

30 mins paper test (all about algorithms design) before the 1:1 interview. And the 1:1 interview is mostly about the test you just took. Also, it related some of your experience. Make sure you got all the details on your resume and be able to explain fluently.
    No behavioural question was asked.
    Technical questions included topics: data structure( array, linked list, hash table, etc), algorithm (many many), DB design (normalization or multi-relationship), pick a language you like and write a short program they gave you.

Interview Questions

• algorithm to reverse a singly linkedlist. (most efficient way)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in December 2008.

Interview

They are looking for social people. I knew all of their technical questions, but the feedback that I got from a friend working there was that I am not sociable enough. I asked one of the interviewers, but he said it was my technical side that didn't get me the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Written Test +2 technical round +Director round were there
    The first technical round was telephonic and in that round your position may also get changed on which you applied.For example i applied for software developer but the interview judged me on networking profile.So be careful with your projects.write only those projects that shows your development work.
    First round was also a screeining round basic ques were asked.
    In the second technical round which was given by my friends basic data structure were asked and some basic coding was made.
    prepare sql query well as you may also gat selected as database administrator

Interview Questions

• Basic ques on oops operating system were asked.
      Prepare your projects well as questions are asked from them also   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through pooled campus drive.
    First,An aptitude test by Co-cubes with another 1 hour programming section(3 programs: easy-med-tough).
    Then after qualifying in that,it was mentioned by Co-Cubes that a 3-step interview should follow at Capital IQ office,Gurgaon.
    However after reaching their office, there was yet another DBMS written test announced out of blue.
    It was an elimination round.
    After that round, there was yet another C/C++ written test which had programs also.
    Unfortunately I was eliminated in this very round.
    After this round, 12 students were selected( all cse/it..i was an ece grad) who went on for interview process.
    Out of 12, only 2 were selected...there were two positions on offer.

Interview Questions

• DBMS- Simple queries, ER diagram, theoretical questions- 2NF/3NF/BCNF,atomicity etc.
      C++ - output ques, 2 programs - to reverse the order of words in string.one more ques i dont remember.   Answer Question