S&P Global Market Intelligence Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Interview

At first I spoke to HR, very brusk. Asking about past experience, expected pay, what technologies I was most comfertable with. Then I had a phone interview with team lead. Very friendly, looking for lots of questions. Scheduled a technical interview. Basic array manipulation and algorythms questions. Said they were not sure I was a good fit yet but that they looked forward to heering from me in the future with more experience under my belt.

Interview Questions

• In an nxn grid of ones and zeros, turn all squares in a manhattan distance of k from any 1 into 1s, yielding an algorythm of complexity O(n2).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my university's career web site before 2009, and was contacted for the first round interview.

First round - Two technical interviews with software engineers. We were given a paper test with 5 questions that have been stated close to verbatim in previous reviews (find closest common parent of two nodes, reverse a linked list, count # of bits in a byte, db schema, cache design). The interviews are essentially a review of that paper test, and you may be asked to answer a slightly-modified version on one of the questions.

Final round - Two technical interviews and one HR interview. Both of the interviewers were senior engineers, and they asked different types of programming questions that are more or less on par with the paper test in the first round. The HR interview was very relaxed.

During the process, you eat lunch with other employees (with no connection to the interviewers) and may ask questions. My process was quick; I was contacted the day of the first round interview for the final round invite, and I was contacted a week after the final round with an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• -Finding the lowest common parent of two nodes can be tricky
      -Detecting a palindrome (this was asked to nearly every candidate when I was applying)
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to push back start-time, and slightly change the compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Had an on campus interview. Took 30 minutes paper test and then went through all the questions with the interviewer. Some follow-up questions from the interviewers are not easy compare to the written test.

Interview Questions

• Binary tree path sum
      find a linkedlist's nth to last node
      Cache design
      DB design
      count the number of bits in a char
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in March 2014.

Interview

The placement process had 4 rounds. 1st one was the aptitude round which had questions from verbal and quant. Next was a written technical test. Then there was a technical interview followed by a telephonic interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in December 2008.

Interview

They are looking for social people. I knew all of their technical questions, but the feedback that I got from a friend working there was that I am not sociable enough. I asked one of the interviewers, but he said it was my technical side that didn't get me the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in September 2010.

Interview

I dropped in my resume at my University's Career Fair in the morning and they called me the same evening. Interview was on campus the next day. There was a written round for 30 minutes followed by a 1:1 interview for about 15 minutes with a Capital IQ Software developer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I dropped my resume off at the campus career fair. Was contacted afterward to take a test at the school; after completing the test I was taken to their headquarters in New York. I interview with 3 people, it didn't go well, because their questions were either questioning projects I'd written or write extremely simple code, so there wasn't much to talk about when they're expecting some kind of thinking process that really is unnecessary.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in October 2011.

Interview

I hand in my resume at university career fair. After a month, I was notified by career center that I was selected to attend on campus interview. It's one hour 1-1 interview. I was told to take a paper test first which has 5 coding question including algorithm, database design, class design. The guy interviewed me is a software engineer. He went through my answers with me, and then asked some questions on my resume. I skewed it because I wasn't able to answer the question on algorithm.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

Written test consisting of 10 questions (reverse linked list,bits set in a byte,least common ancestor,some db and caching design). One coding test on the computer .Three face to face rounds . I think they have pretty much standard interview process.Interviewers come prepared with those questions and if you answer them correctly then you are done. I'm saying this because they were asking about different software development life cycles ,architectural patterns etc which most of the people don't use in their day to day work. This is irrespective of the experience. Would not suggest an experienced guy with 5+ years to attend . They don't have a big setup , so growth would be stagnant. Most of the people seem to be recent college grads.

Interview Questions

• reverse a linked list , surprisingly every interviewer is interested in this silly question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in April 2012.

Interview

2 intern positions.
    duration 6 months, i.e. 7th semester.
    telephonic intervw.
    main topics asked in it were from dbms, os, and my self initiated projects.
    2 iq field questions, duration of intervw 45 minoutes.
    algorithms and computer architecture were for side questions.2 intern positions.
    duration 6 months, i.e. 7th semester.
    telephonic intervw.
    main topics asked in it were from dbms, os, and my self initiated projects.
    2 iq field questions, duration of intervw 45 minoutes.
    algorithms and computer architecture were for side questions