S&P Global Market Intelligence Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New Delhi (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

They participate well in campus hiring and for the selection procedure there was IQ test, HR Round, and one on one with first line manager. There selection ratio is quite less.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of an on campus written exam followed by two in person interviews. Having passed those, they invited me to a "super-days" interview day at their office in NYC, which consisted of some networking events and three more in-person interviews. In total, I had 5 in-person interviews with 6 different people, two networking events, and an exam.

Interview Questions

• Classic computer science interview questions, asking you to write code, explain resume, time complexity of code solutions, etc. What's the difference between an interface and API?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through pooled campus drive.
    First,An aptitude test by Co-cubes with another 1 hour programming section(3 programs: easy-med-tough).
    Then after qualifying in that,it was mentioned by Co-Cubes that a 3-step interview should follow at Capital IQ office,Gurgaon.
    However after reaching their office, there was yet another DBMS written test announced out of blue.
    It was an elimination round.
    After that round, there was yet another C/C++ written test which had programs also.
    Unfortunately I was eliminated in this very round.
    After this round, 12 students were selected( all cse/it..i was an ece grad) who went on for interview process.
    Out of 12, only 2 were selected...there were two positions on offer.

Interview Questions

• DBMS- Simple queries, ER diagram, theoretical questions- 2NF/3NF/BCNF,atomicity etc.
      C++ - output ques, 2 programs - to reverse the order of words in string.one more ques i dont remember.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Written Test +2 technical round +Director round were there
    The first technical round was telephonic and in that round your position may also get changed on which you applied.For example i applied for software developer but the interview judged me on networking profile.So be careful with your projects.write only those projects that shows your development work.
    First round was also a screeining round basic ques were asked.
    In the second technical round which was given by my friends basic data structure were asked and some basic coding was made.
    prepare sql query well as you may also gat selected as database administrator

Interview Questions

• Basic ques on oops operating system were asked.
      Prepare your projects well as questions are asked from them also   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Greater Noida (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

The first round was through cocubes. It had apti questions and 3 coding questions. It was easy just basic string questions were asked. 2nd round as interview based on project, summer training, DBMS and Data Structures. Not that difficult if prepared well for the interview

Interview Questions

• A db query to select 2nd highest salary from a table, find if tree is BST or not   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jabalpur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Jabalpur (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a campus interview process. They shortlisted the student on the basis of CV. basically They shortlisted on the basis of CPI (CPI > 7.5). They shortlisted 10 students out of 20 -25. After a week they took telephonic interview. There are two interviewers on the telephone. It was purely technical interview. They asked questions related to the operating system, dbms and java (basically oops concept).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

for internship there is no such negotiation. To get selected you should have sound knowledge of Java, and DBMS.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process for the Mobile App Developer
    - There were 3 rounds, First one technical other two manager
    - The interview was mainly on JAVA and bit of Android & iOS
    - Manager rounds were just a formality

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Three interviews:-
    1. First Round(phone) :HR based interviews with general HR questions and provided a coding Quiz(Fraction point).

2. Second Round(phone): Interview with the hiring manager, general questions about my experience and courses taken at school. Discussed about my projects and how I could improve it now, and also went over the quiz.

3. Third Round (on-site) : 3 Round interviews with 4 different people(two in the last round). First round asked general question for 10 mins and provided to a coding quiz to be solved in 45 mins.

It had 4 questions ,all Data structures and OOPS based.
    1.Least Common Ancestor in a BST.
    2. Merging two sorted lists.
    3.How to Designing cache to return data faster (solution-hashtable) and how to improve it with multiple requests(multi-threading..)
    4. How to design vending Machine.

Second Round, the interviewer went over each solution and asked questions around the problem, improvements, and running times.

Third Round, two interviewers went over OOP, Design Patter, multi-threading, etc. Asked me to design and write codes for a Deck of cards for Blackjack, and some features of BlackJack Game(shuffling, players, giving cards to each player, etc).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated starting date.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was a phone screen, which covered the basics of object oriented design. Second interview came a couple months later and was on site with three individual engineers. This interview was bit more in debt, it involved 3 questions related to algorithm design, application design and a high level implementation the database objects required to store the applications data with the correct normalization. The questions were quite manageable and came from regular scenarios which would occur in most enterprise solutions. The last interview was over the phone and was strategically focused on the technologies that position required. Mostly focus on SOA and the Microsoft stack which can be used to build these type of solutions.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked about database isolation and optimizing a process which will have a high level of concurrency. This was not difficult for me but was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a pending offer and they matched it.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in March 2014.

Interview

The placement process had 4 rounds. 1st one was the aptitude round which had questions from verbal and quant. Next was a written technical test. Then there was a technical interview followed by a telephonic interview.