S&P Global Market Intelligence Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Market Intelligence Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (College Park, MD) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied to Capital IQ through my university's career fair. Then I was given an on-campus interview. The first half of the interview was a skills test. The recruiter walked in, handed me the test, and gave me 30 minutes to complete. It consisted of 5 technical questions pertaining to data structures and bit manipulation.

Interview Questions

• Given a tree, create a function for a getting a sub-tree given P and K.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

You were given A skills assesment which you had 20 minutes to complete. After the exam was over, A interviewer came into the room to discuss what you did and the thought process you had doing it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

30 mins paper test (all about algorithms design) before the 1:1 interview. And the 1:1 interview is mostly about the test you just took. Also, it related some of your experience. Make sure you got all the details on your resume and be able to explain fluently.
    No behavioural question was asked.
    Technical questions included topics: data structure( array, linked list, hash table, etc), algorithm (many many), DB design (normalization or multi-relationship), pick a language you like and write a short program they gave you.

Interview Questions

• algorithm to reverse a singly linkedlist. (most efficient way)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in December 2008.

Interview

They are looking for social people. I knew all of their technical questions, but the feedback that I got from a friend working there was that I am not sociable enough. I asked one of the interviewers, but he said it was my technical side that didn't get me the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Written Test +2 technical round +Director round were there
    The first technical round was telephonic and in that round your position may also get changed on which you applied.For example i applied for software developer but the interview judged me on networking profile.So be careful with your projects.write only those projects that shows your development work.
    First round was also a screeining round basic ques were asked.
    In the second technical round which was given by my friends basic data structure were asked and some basic coding was made.
    prepare sql query well as you may also gat selected as database administrator

Interview Questions

• Basic ques on oops operating system were asked.
      Prepare your projects well as questions are asked from them also   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through pooled campus drive.
    First,An aptitude test by Co-cubes with another 1 hour programming section(3 programs: easy-med-tough).
    Then after qualifying in that,it was mentioned by Co-Cubes that a 3-step interview should follow at Capital IQ office,Gurgaon.
    However after reaching their office, there was yet another DBMS written test announced out of blue.
    It was an elimination round.
    After that round, there was yet another C/C++ written test which had programs also.
    Unfortunately I was eliminated in this very round.
    After this round, 12 students were selected( all cse/it..i was an ece grad) who went on for interview process.
    Out of 12, only 2 were selected...there were two positions on offer.

Interview Questions

• DBMS- Simple queries, ER diagram, theoretical questions- 2NF/3NF/BCNF,atomicity etc.
      C++ - output ques, 2 programs - to reverse the order of words in string.one more ques i dont remember.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Greater Noida (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

The first round was through cocubes. It had apti questions and 3 coding questions. It was easy just basic string questions were asked. 2nd round as interview based on project, summer training, DBMS and Data Structures. Not that difficult if prepared well for the interview

Interview Questions

• A db query to select 2nd highest salary from a table, find if tree is BST or not   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New Delhi (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

They participate well in campus hiring and for the selection procedure there was IQ test, HR Round, and one on one with first line manager. There selection ratio is quite less.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process for the Mobile App Developer
    - There were 3 rounds, First one technical other two manager
    - The interview was mainly on JAVA and bit of Android & iOS
    - Manager rounds were just a formality

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Mumbai (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus placements. There were supposed to be 5 rounds. First Aptitude then Technical Aptitude and then 3 interviews. But in my case there was only one interview. The whole process got over in an hour. The first aptitude had a few questions on quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning; a section on programming related MCQs and another on database related questions. It seems quite difficult but surprisingly got through. The second test had 2 sections One programming related where we could answer using logic/pseudo code/actual code/algorithm and another with database queries. Even this was difficult. Infact the Interview was pretty chilled out. General Questions based on Linked lists, queries, indexers, trees,etc. they were more interested in the approach rather than actual knowledge. In all a pretty good experience