S&P Global Platts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Platts Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2017

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It is of medium to hard level. They ask you lot of questions to get your perspective and understanding on things. You need to prepare well enough. Colleagues are very friendly though.

Interview Questions

• It was something related to programming language. They asked me how to define a trigger and how can it be used in both the calling function and sharing rules   1 Answer

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

1st interview with HR - typical HR Q&A
    2nd interview with hiring manager
    3rd interview onsite meeting variety of department heads, touring office, my time with hiring manager
    4th interview with Global Commercial Executive

Must have a strong understanding of all energy commodity markets and use of benchmark data and analysis applied in daily execution of business.

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First round with HR; Second round with managers. What qualities to have to be a good editor? Any good quantitative skills? And some behavior questions too. It took about one hour and two managers rotated to ask questions. Not too out of the range, but need good preparation. Have to have a good sense of what they are doing there, be prepared and clear in your delivery.

Interview Questions

• Why Platts? Why want to join an editorial team? Any past experience?   Answer Question

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

Hiring process took months. Granted I was living abroad but after communicating with hiring staff, I never heard from them. When I moved back into the country I had a phone interview and then had to go to the houston office for a Skype interview. I was interviewed by two editors. The young woman was on her phone during the interview and the gentleman interrupted me to ask irrelevant questions. It was a bit unprofessional.

Energy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

At the very first I had to submit detailed answers to questions through email. Then I was called by an HR rep and had to basically do a phone interview. Then I was selected for in person interviews. The first round, I was interviewed by 5 people for 20 min each; second round same as first. Chosen after second round.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example that shows how you are detail oriented.   Answer Question

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Editorial Test, meet with current staff, submit articles, discuss the commodity market you are applying for. Meet with team, share insight on industry. Platts will ask how you see their products are used in the market and how they affect pricing.

Interview Questions

• How can their publications be improved?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Background fitting, java questions , opengl experience, visa status

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts in February 2013.

Interview

They weren't very nice. They think they know everything about the markets and other employees are very arrogant. The lady at the front desk was the only person nice during the interview,

Field Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Cumbersome- several meetings and had to develop a presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What negotiation? It was a taker it or leave it scenario.

Oracle Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Had to attend a detailed phone interview with couple of guys after the staffing company arranged it.
    Finally visited office site for face to face interview with a panel.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get back to consulting world?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate in advance.