S&P Global Ratings Associate Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Ratings Associate Director Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Ratings

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied for a job on their website and within a week or so I received an email from their HR Department letting me know that they'd like to schedule a phone interview. Two days later I was on the phone for the first interview. It was a brief 15 min conversation with the HR department. Basically asked me to go over my resume and explain the relevance to the job i'm applying to. At the end of the conversation she had scheduled my next phone interview with the "would be" hiring manager for the following week.

I spoke to the hiring manager and it was a 30 min conversation. Some of the questions she asked were about project management - Agile vs. Waterfall methodologies. The difficulties I experience with Agile. They use Agile method, so make sure you understand this method of PM. Asked me about Business Analysis and how I collected requirements (different ways) and what type of documentation (workflows, BRDs, Functional requirements, etc...)

After that phone interview I heard back from HR department like 4 days later to schedule an in-person interview to meet with 4 individuals, including the would be hiring manager that I had already spoken to. During that interview there were a lot of questions about Project Management methods, more documentation question, the consistent question was what are the challenges you face with Agile method and how do you solve it?, A lot of questions about the correlation between business analysis and Agile method- be ready to elaborate on that. I was also given a scenario to solve on paper. If you are qualified for the position this won't be challenging, it was not difficult. The in-person interview was by far the most challenging but in general the interview process has been painless. I am currently waiting to hear back for next steps, I might get an offer, if I do, I will take it.

Interview Questions

• What are the difficulties you have faced with Agile methodology and how have you solved it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Ratings

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (Milano (Italy)) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process lasted 6 months (quite a bit long). I intervied with 4 people and I was requested to attend a numerical test (simulating a credit rating process)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join an organisation like S&P   1 Answer
    • Technical test   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ciudad de México (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (Ciudad de México (Mexico)).

Interview

The process of different interviews was very erratic and lacking structure. The process was not clear and I was surprised I never had a technical interview.
    Once you receive the offer, make clear that you have the contract signed below leaving your job as the process might be erratic as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions were oriented to why you want to leave your current job, experience in risk management and why you want to work for S&P. I received the offer and was not asked a sole technical question so they might rely more on career path than what you can show in a day   Answer Question