S&P Global Ratings Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Ratings Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Ratings

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round of interview consisted of one interview. I was given a pen and a paper and a question paper and was supposed to hand write the answers. Half and hour later, the interviewers came in and started interviewing me about the answers. The questions were about QA stuff and UX design.
For the second round, there were interviews. First was a general question and answer session, whereas the second consisted of hands on skill and logic testing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Ratings

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings in January 2015.

Interview

it's a lengthy disorganized process Multiple rounds of both phone and in person interviews. While that is normal for a large organization, the scheduling is less than efficient. The process is for S&P interviewer to call you. Sometimes they called as scheduled, other times no call and having to reschedule. Very ineffective, when you have 2 or 3 phone interview per round

This holds true in most organizations, but S&P, like to hire from within. So, you can go 3 rounds, and you may just be there to validate a process

On-site interviews, met with multiple people, each time. Make sure you have all the names, as the person you are supposed to interview, may not be aware of the interview, or know who you are

Interview Questions

• they will ask you to write out use cases, epic, stories and flow diagrams for a small case study. checkout process for an online retailer   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter who sold me the role very hard. I was talked into going for an interview because apparently the hiring managers were very eager to speak to me. After some thought, i tried to cancel the interview as i felt it wasn't the role for me. I was again contacted by the recruiter with another hard sell. I pushed to have a telephone interview before a face to face, however i was assured the hiring managers were very eager to meet me, so i agreed to come for 'a chat'.

I attended the interview and it was very obvious that one of the hiring managers had not read my CV, let alone ever being 'very eager' to meet me. It was obvious as she came to the meeting unprepared, without my CV and had no background information on me whatsoever. Her greeting was lackluster as I initiated and drove the handshake, pleasantries and small talk while we waited for the other interviewer. I felt like I was a burden to her.

After about 5 minutes into the interview, it was very obvious that the role and I were not suited, from a skills or aspiration perspective. I was sold a role with variety and exciting work by the interviewer, however the hiring managers used the words 'Just keep the wheels turning for this application' many times. There was no variety and it was mentioned that the new CIO was putting pressure to reduce support for applications like this.

I considered ending the interview myself, however I decided against it.
    Although it was obvious the role was not for me, the attitude of one of the interviews was dismissive and uninterested. I knew i didn't have the job when she muttered (literally) that she had no more questions after about 20 minutes into the interview.
    The other interviewer was pleasant and asked questions focused on what the role needed and what i could bring to the role.

I left the interview feeling utterly deflated with the disinterested interviewer as well as angry with both the recruiter for refusing the telephone interview, as well as with myself for not ending the interview sooner.

Needless to say, i didn't get offered the role, however i chased both the recruiter and the person who organised the interview many times and for over 6 weeks before I got any feedback.

It was a shockingly bad experience.