S&P Global Ratings Credit Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Ratings Credit Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Ratings

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

6 weeks, phone call with HR then phone call with someone in Analytics. I applied through employee referral, and they got back to me after 2 days. Hiring process is extremely disorganized- even my interviewer told me so.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, why do you want to work here, why do credit ratings interest you   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Ratings

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

Consisted of a telephone interview with HR, two 30 minutes interviews with Managers followed by three 30 minutes interviews with Senior Managers in their London office. Second round interviews were more technical. Overall very pleasant experience. Extremely professional HR that would answer any questions almost immediately.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

Hiring process went well. Be sure to have stories ready for behavioral questions such as tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult employee, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

Basically nonexistent process with multiple gaps and poorly trained staff. One day that I was scheduled to go to the downtown office, I waited for 45 minutes only to be informed of a "miscommunication" on the schedule day. No apologies were provided. Although I was turned off at the lack of professionalism, I decided to continue with the interview process so that I could decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your current compensation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

On Campus Recruiting, Two back-to-back 45 minute interviews with Director level employees from S&P Global. Primarily asked technical questions such as listing efficiency ratios, profitability ratios, etc.that would help make a credit rating. Only real behavioral questions were: Are you good with teamwork? What are you most proud of on your resume?

Interview Questions

• How would a Trump presidency affect interest rates compared to a Clinton presidency?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Two 30 minute phone interviews. Behavioral questions followed by technicals. Study your ratios and be up to date on current financial news both domestic and international. No superday, got an email saying I was hired.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

In all, it was one phone interview and then two 30 minute video interviews on the computer. The two gentlemen leading the interviews were really nice and made it a laid back interviewing environment.

Interview Questions

• What do we do as a company? Know a lot about current economic conditions worldwide.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

Had two 30 minute phone interviews. After looking at other Glassdoor interviews I assumed the phone interviews specifically would be behavioral. I was pretty shocked when both interviews had majority of technical questions. Examples of questions were "Walk me through all the financial statements." "List all the profitibility, liquidity, and capital market ratios." Definitely know your accounting. The last question I listed below. Second interviewer was also pretty rude, seemed like she didn't really care about the interview at all. She clearly was reading off a scipt the entire time and also seemed like she wanted to end the interview as quickly as possible.

Interview Questions

• List the economic differences between the US and North Korea.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

Easy going, had two phone interviews and got an offer. The process was not difficult at all and HR is very kind. They called me letting me know the details about a week or two after my interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Was given two phone interviews and one in person interview. It was all behavioral questions which made it very easy to attain an offer. I started off as an intern and got a full time offer afterwards, very convenient process.