S&P Global Ratings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Analyst, Strategy and Volatility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

First round phone interview the the HR, then skype interview the the director. The skype interview takes around 1 hour. First the director explained some detail information about this position, and then she went over to talk more about my background. A presentation of a index is required during the interview.

IMPG Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

Had three consecutive Zoom interviews. Two longer and more technical interviews with a greater focus on finance and one HR interview with more generic interview questions. Interviewers were very forthcoming and it wasn't as awkward as many interviews are.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen
    First round onsite with senior directors
    Second round onsite with the team and managers

No respond from the HR after the interview

Feel like they are not serious about hiring people, just try to fill the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing memorable , feel like they know what skills they are looking for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (Richmond, VA) in January 2020.

Interview

Marketer called me said he will be in touch base with me but never called back. He later said that the have people before the stack.applied through online through their website

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2019.

Interview

It was a video interview. There were two interviewers. One of them is the direct supervisor of the internship project, not sure about the role of the other person. The direct supervisor was fine and nice. He gave a detailed explanation of the intern's responsibilities and the example works they have done. The other person was responsible for asking me questions,, in the way that I feel that he didn't care about the answers I gave at all. He didn't make any eye contacts and I am very sure that he was looking at other things while giving me the interview.

Associate, Structured Finance-ABS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

Round 1 with recruiter; Basic screening
    Round 2 with two senior managers (age around 50-60)
    Round 3 with three analysts (age around late 30s and two in their mid 40s)
    The worst thing about this was the two senior managers had really liked me. The other three analysts had no idea about what they were looking for exactly. So it was a bit confusing and hard to understand their expectations/requirements. And therefore, the questions were all one dimensional -so I basically had to repeat myself to every person.

Interview Questions

• Round 3 woman asked me "What happens if prepayments are high?" for someone who has worked in the credit industry for two years and has built cash flow models and investor waterfalls. She even demeaned me by saying "oh so you just make assumptions based on nothing and then you wing it!!!" I could not believe a place like S&P Global with that level of senior analysts berating an interviewee like that. If anything, have the decency to hear me out on my processes for modeling and then ask. Instead, this poor woman who had been there since Bear Sterns and Lehman times-must have been frustrated to no extent as an analyst since the 90s to ask me "what happens if prepays are high". Gah! Very disappointed.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings in January 2019.

Interview

Easy interview. Easy questions. Come prepared. Super cool people. Try your best and never ever give up on your dreams
    Always show great attitude and be very optimistic . Stay positive. Be yourself.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

Basically nonexistent process with multiple gaps and poorly trained staff. One day that I was scheduled to go to the downtown office, I waited for 45 minutes only to be informed of a "miscommunication" on the schedule day. No apologies were provided. Although I was turned off at the lack of professionalism, I decided to continue with the interview process so that I could decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your current compensation?   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

Resume review followed by a phone interview. If all goes well then an in person interview is done. Typically, interview with 1-3 UX team members a mid-level manager and sometimes a VP.

Interview Questions

• What is your process for doing user centered design?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through handshake. Recuiter contact me after a month. First round, a quick talk with HR. Second round, tech phone interview with the data scientist lead for 45min.

Interview Questions

• What are ways to do feature selections   1 Answer