S&P Global Ratings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

Resume review followed by a phone interview. If all goes well then an in person interview is done. Typically, interview with 1-3 UX team members a mid-level manager and sometimes a VP.

Interview Questions

• What is your process for doing user centered design?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

Straightforward interview process with first a basic 30 minute interview and then a call back for a half-day series of interviews with managers and staff along with a written case study, interviews focused on if you would be a good fit with the organization and of specific job skills, case study focused on writing skills and basic financial analytical skills

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of accounting and financial statements   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

Very efficient. The same recruiter that reached out to me also saw me through the whole process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

General fit and background, why s&p, why the group, light financial background questions. As well, there was a 2-hr ratings assessment in-house. All information given - come up with a one-page writing sample "Credit Rating recommendation".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (Denver, CO).

Interview

Two phone interviews. One at 6P and one at 7A. Manager clearly got upset when I referenced the industry can be exclusionary to gender and race. Silently rejected me a couple days later with auto email only

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

phone interview : walk through your resume, not very hard, need highly communication skills.Hiring process is quickly than other companies and all the interviewers are very nice to talk with.

Interview Questions

• how to deal with multicollinearity   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

30 min call w HR and meet with analytical manager, lead analytical manager and invite for a group lunch. I end up spending more than 3 days to meet all of coworkers.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied for a job on their website and within a week or so I received an email from their HR Department letting me know that they'd like to schedule a phone interview. Two days later I was on the phone for the first interview. It was a brief 15 min conversation with the HR department. Basically asked me to go over my resume and explain the relevance to the job i'm applying to. At the end of the conversation she had scheduled my next phone interview with the "would be" hiring manager for the following week.

I spoke to the hiring manager and it was a 30 min conversation. Some of the questions she asked were about project management - Agile vs. Waterfall methodologies. The difficulties I experience with Agile. They use Agile method, so make sure you understand this method of PM. Asked me about Business Analysis and how I collected requirements (different ways) and what type of documentation (workflows, BRDs, Functional requirements, etc...)

After that phone interview I heard back from HR department like 4 days later to schedule an in-person interview to meet with 4 individuals, including the would be hiring manager that I had already spoken to. During that interview there were a lot of questions about Project Management methods, more documentation question, the consistent question was what are the challenges you face with Agile method and how do you solve it?, A lot of questions about the correlation between business analysis and Agile method- be ready to elaborate on that. I was also given a scenario to solve on paper. If you are qualified for the position this won't be challenging, it was not difficult. The in-person interview was by far the most challenging but in general the interview process has been painless. I am currently waiting to hear back for next steps, I might get an offer, if I do, I will take it.

Interview Questions

• What are the difficulties you have faced with Agile methodology and how have you solved it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (University, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Campus career fair, submitted resume and got first round campus interview. Basically a paper-based coding test, 30 mins to finish and 30 mins to talk with the interviewer about the questions, interviewer might raise more questions based on your answers.

Interview Questions

• Find the common ancestor of the binary search tree, if provided 2 notes.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Application

Interview

In person, one on one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as the position was a union position and the salary was union contract based.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

was very simple and easy . It was a phone interview which was technical. after a week they scheduled another round of interview. A team lead took the interview. The questions asked were very simple like basic concepts of .Net