S&P Global Ratings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Ratings Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.9

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, and then met team lead and VP for on-site. Everyone I've spoke to was very easy to talk with. Especially the hr is super helpful during the entire interview process.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

General fit and background, why s&p, why the group, light financial background questions. As well, there was a 2-hr ratings assessment in-house. All information given - come up with a one-page writing sample "Credit Rating recommendation".

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I met three interviewers including a manager of the team one by one. They did not ask me technical question, but more like what programming skills I do have, how I worked in the previous work experience, or a little bit of personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Why S&P   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer to work by yourself or collaboratively?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, very casual. In-person interview consisted of two rounds with 3 people in each. Asked technical and behavioral questions. Some were not so engaging, a few hammered with the technical. It was a basic interview for a research/analyst assistant. KNOW the financial statements and how they work together.

Interview Questions

• What is duration?
      If you had two bonds, one 5 year and another 10 year, and interest rates went up, which bond would decrease more in value?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

Interview process was challenging but straightforward. Had to interview with three managers formally and one informational interview with an analyst. They were very nice and accommodating and didn't make the process intimidating. They were very welcoming and made the interviews more conversational instead of pure questions and answers. First manager I interviewed with also kept constant communication with me during the process, which also helps.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as one of the most important aspects of this job?   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

was very simple and easy . It was a phone interview which was technical. after a week they scheduled another round of interview. A team lead took the interview. The questions asked were very simple like basic concepts of .Net

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview process as far as Wall St research jobs go. The process included several interview rounds with senior analysts and group head. Questions center around fit with team as well as general financial statement analytical ability.

CREDit Summer Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (Berkeley, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

1st round on campus. Basic behavioral questions, nothing out of the norm. One bad guy, one good guy type interview. Got a call 10 days later with an offer which was surprising.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to lead a group? Why S&P and ratings? Tell me about your favorite analytical tool?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. $25 an hour salary in NYC was decent enough.

Credit Ratings Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

Off campus interview first then they bring you up to the NYC office. There is a case interview (Know the general process how S&P rates a bond) first. Then they have you interview with a few individuals. I went through and interviewed with a few people while the rest of my group interviewed with another panel (this isn't best practice). One of the people is either doing a stress interview or doesn't mind interrupting you every two seconds. Had I gotten the offer I would have had to consider this.

Interview Questions

• What are the parts of the financial statements?   Answer Question
    • Give me the name of a company and tell me how a ratings analyst would look at this   Answer Question
    • How do you re-engage uninterested team members?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

1 round OCR interview, most about resume, some programming questions. Really easy. The position requires a lot of programming experience in python or matlab and VBA.
    They will ask about some basic concepts for programming and some VBA code. Be prepared with VBA, because some may not really be familiar with that.