S&P Global Ratings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Ratings Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Ratings

2.9

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

3 rounds of interview, Technical, Functional and Analytical

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I had a video conference a month after applying for the job. After passing that, I had two 30 minutes phone interview which was arranged accordingly. It was on the same day back to back and I was given three different time slots to choose from so pretty flexible

Interview Questions

• What qualities make me stand out   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, send CV and Cover Letter, as usual. Received a call from HR and had an interview with her for about an hour. She was mainly asking soft skill questions, though in the end asked something about Monte-Carlo simulations. After that I was referred to the managing director for a second interview. He asked few questions on Monte Carlo simulations and Error testing.

Interview Questions

• What is the largest number you might ever need in your life to compute something?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in July 2008.

Interview

The people were very professional and polite.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths or weaknesses.   Answer Question
    • If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be?   1 Answer

Sales Director Interview

Application

Interview

One guy, one lady, one hundred questions, roughly. The guy, forty or so, kept tapping the tip of his ballpoint pen against his front left tooth. It made sort of a metronome for the interview, like I was practicing for something. And the practicing paid off. Not only did I get a second interview, but also a job.

Interview Questions

• Let's say the power went out in the entire building, and you're the ranking employee on the flor (you're working on the 41st floor, and the elevator won't budge). What do you do next?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewing at this company was unpleasant for me. The problem lies mainly in their methodology in identifying talent, which is totally 1-dimensional, or at least for this particular group. They want 1-dimensional people. The interviewers I had a problem with. They had no interpersonal skills and they were mean. I never got the feeling they ever wanted to get to know me. They asked a ton of impractical and obscure technical questions. They never gave me the opportunity to talk about what I did or my experience, and instead bombarded me with irrelevant technical questions that would never be applicable in the real world. The interviewer always tried to make me double guess my answer, even if it was correct. If I said something he disagreed with or believed to be incorrect, he would pounce on it and interrupt me without letting me finish my thought. He was very argumentive and there was no respect or professionalism. Not to mention, they made me take a lengthy, irrelevant examination right before interview and they will become very judgemental over you based off of how you do. Then, they will use that against you as a bargaining chip later on.

I did not receive an offer, but even if I did, I would have rejected it immediately. I have read many management books and have worked with the brightest minds in corporate America. I can recognize good management when I see it. This is Bad management, bad people. S&P has very high turnover rate too. Not many people stay in their seats for much longer than 2 years. To be fair, the recruiter I worked with was very kind, helpful and professional.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

The process was broken from start to finish. The recruiter called me totally out of the blue, instead of emailing me with my availability. We had a 20 minute conversation, and then he told me his coordinator would reach out to schedule another call, with the manager. No mention of when, but the coordinator emailed set it up for a few days later.

That day at the scheduled time, 30 minutes went by with nothing, so I went back to my desk and started working again. Then 5 minutes later the manager called. I swooped back into a conference room to take the call, which was 15 minutes of the manager talking about herself, and not asking a single question about me or my experience. She then said she had to hop on another call, and hung up. Obviously at this point I didn't think I would get the job.

So another few days go by, and I get ANOTHER note from the coordinator asking for my availability for ANOTHER phone call, but no mention of who with. I again shared some availability in the coming days, and heard nothing--no confirmation, no additional info. The next day my phone rings and I pick up, and lo and behold the VP of the department is on the line. I had to ask who it was, because I was completely unprepared as I hadn't heard any kind of confirmation. The VP at least was a sharp guy and was a nice conversation, once it got off the ground.

Then they brought me in for an onsite, which seemed a bit of a formality.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable joining a company that is constantly changing?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

1 round OCR interview, most about resume, some programming questions. Really easy. The position requires a lot of programming experience in python or matlab and VBA.
    They will ask about some basic concepts for programming and some VBA code. Be prepared with VBA, because some may not really be familiar with that.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I skipped part being interviewed by the HR. I was interviewed by the manager of quant team directly. He was a very nice guy and has deep and profound knowledge within the field, which i found on his linked profile. I walked him through my resume. He asked hard technical questions, which i guess is closely related to the day to day job. He told me that he has 3 members on his team including him self and needs some one who can start the job right away. I guess this is the major reason i didn't get the job because all the projects i have done are not related to their day to day practice.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the stock, whose price you simulated/forcasted, default tomorrow?   Answer Question

Ratings Analyst Interview

Interview

Rather smooth and straightforward phone screening process that had not taken more than 15-20. Typical screening questions with a very detailed history of the company, the role you have applied for and its significance.