S&P Global Ratings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Ratings Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Ratings

2.9

Ratings Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online and heard back several months later they would like to set up a time for interviews. There were three sets of panel interviews that was conducted with video conferencing.

Interview Questions

• General questions to gauge interest in learning the field of finance. The interview felt more conversation based.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Two to three hours of interviewing with several employees in the division discussing basic resume points, current state of the industry, and a case study at the end. Save time at the end for questions.

Ratings Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through college career site, and heard back in 2 weeks. Had an on-campus interview that lasted 30 minutes. The interviewer was very nice, and we mainly talked about why I was interested in S&P and went into more detail about the rotational program. Also went over my resume, and how it related to the job position. Overall, it was a very relaxed interview, and I'm waiting to hear back.

Ratings Analyst Interview

Interview

I got an interview with this firm though different recruiters. They asked me a lot about credit ratings and financial statements. This internship seemed to be geared very much towards an accounting major. They saw my background is equities more as a deterrent than an asset when it came to working with debt.

Interview Questions

• How do you use financial statements to rate credit?   1 Answer

Ratings Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

3 rounds

Ratings Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

3 rounds--1 phone screen w/ recruiter, one in person with group coverage head, then 3rd round super day involving write up of a case study and 4 individual interviews

Interview Questions

• No brain teasers. Be prepared to answer questions about how you would analyze a credit (i.e. cash flow metrics, balance sheet leverage, etc.)   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings in June 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by two senior analysts. They asked me to talk about my school projects and asked questions about them. Then they asked me some technical questions about data analysis including regression.

Interview Questions

• What kind of problem you must consider when you do time series regression?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

I had applied online and within 2 days, received a phone call which turned into a very brief phone screen. It was being conducted by a coordinator, she sounded a bit green and was nervous with the questions. I met the minimum qualification and was invited for an onsite first round with the recruiter and senior director. The interview went well, pretty standard questions (ie. going through the resume, "why are you looking to leave?") and the recruiter was pleasant. She gave an overview of what the department is about and what she believes the position will be accountable for. However since this position reports to her senior, she could not confirm what the job entails to 100%. I was disappointed that at last minute my interview with the sr. director was canceled and will need to be rescheduled. Things happen, what can you do.

Another 2 days passed, I was rescheduled to return to meet with the sr. director. She was a bit all over the place, understanding the fast paced culture - assuming that's the "norm". Our interview was short, exactly 30mins. She asked a few questions and went into details of the job expectations, the organizational alignment. We ended the interview and she did confirm there are 2 other individuals she has to interview as part of the internal recruiting process. It was odd, since most companies would have completed the internal interviewing prior to going external. She mentioned they'll have a decision in the next week or so. I did the standard 'thank you letters' and reiterated my interest - - however after 4 weeks have passed, didn't hear back from the company, no e-mail, no rejection, not even a "thanks but no thanks" note, safe to assume it's filled. Oddly enough, ran into the recruiter at a job fair - she remembers me and awkwardly advised me the job was filled by an internal.

My experience with this company was fair, while I enjoyed networking however would have liked to get some type of feedback (positive or negative).

Interview Questions

• You have a progressive resume (as in you've done this already and seems to be moving to other challenges), why would you return to just one functional area?   1 Answer
    • You've been out of this industry for a few years, how can you ensure there's no gap?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

The HR contacted me and called me in for an on-site interview. I spoke with the HR person for 30 minutes, then took a 1 hours analytical and programming written test, followed by 2 45-minute interviews with 2 managers

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

A single face-to-face interview to ask questions about databases and Java-related technologies and problem solving for various Java and J2EE questions. Also, certain career related questions were asked like - what kind of certifications are you interested in and which are the latest technologies (like Java, JQuery) have you been learning outside of your work to advance your career.