S&P Global Ratings Ratings Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Ratings Ratings Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Ratings

2.5

Ratings Analyst Interview

Interview

Rather smooth and straightforward phone screening process that had not taken more than 15-20. Typical screening questions with a very detailed history of the company, the role you have applied for and its significance.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Ratings

Ratings Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

3 rounds

Ratings Analyst Interview

Interview

I got an interview with this firm though different recruiters. They asked me a lot about credit ratings and financial statements. This internship seemed to be geared very much towards an accounting major. They saw my background is equities more as a deterrent than an asset when it came to working with debt.

Interview Questions

• How do you use financial statements to rate credit?   1 Answer

Ratings Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through college career site, and heard back in 2 weeks. Had an on-campus interview that lasted 30 minutes. The interviewer was very nice, and we mainly talked about why I was interested in S&P and went into more detail about the rotational program. Also went over my resume, and how it related to the job position. Overall, it was a very relaxed interview, and I'm waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Two to three hours of interviewing with several employees in the division discussing basic resume points, current state of the industry, and a case study at the end. Save time at the end for questions.

Ratings Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online and heard back several months later they would like to set up a time for interviews. There were three sets of panel interviews that was conducted with video conferencing.

Interview Questions

• General questions to gauge interest in learning the field of finance. The interview felt more conversation based.   Answer Question

Ratings Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings in May 2009.

Interview

Ask you questions about your previous work experience, why you would like to work for their firm, why you think you'll be a good fit, your weaknesses and strengths

Ratings Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quite straightforward, had to apply online - few basic questions and resume drop. This was followed by a screening call by the HR asking you questions on yourself, motivations for joining, and language proficiencies. Moved onto a face to face interview with two ratings directors from sovereign side and the insurance division. Will be interviewing with managing directors in the next round.

Interview Questions

• What caused the eurozone crisis and what is the outlook going forward?   Answer Question

Ratings Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

applied for two roles in Europe. I received an email from HR in London willing to discuss my background and experience. One minute before the phone interview was going to take place, I received an e-mail that it was rescheduled for the following day.
    The call was a normal HR interview:I was talking about my education, professional experience, skills etc. The interviewer said that my profile matched their requirements and I will be considered for the next steps. He also mentioned to be leaving for holidays for two weeks but he told me that someone would contact me regarding the recruitment process. Obviously noone contacted me. When two weeks passed, I contacted the interviewer but he didn't reply. I e-mailed him again a week later, and he responded that there were no vacancies available at that time.
    Then, around 2 weeks later I received another call from him. He said that he would like to discuss my background and experience as my profile seemed interesting for them....he didn't even registered that we had talked before.
    I was waiting for their call for over a month but it seems that they already forgot me at the moment when the initial interview took place...

Interview Questions

• General questions about the education, professional experience etc.   Answer Question

Ratings Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings in November 2016.

Interview

I Applied online. Then as a first step I was invited to a HireVue interview which consisted of motivational questions .
     Then a week after I was invited for a phone interview. Two back to back interviews (they didn't warn they would be two phone interview by two different people )

Interview Questions

• technical question : Financial ratios
      motivational questions   Answer Question