S&P Global Ratings Ratings Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Ratings Ratings Support Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Ratings

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

I originally applied for an internship when I was unsure of my graduation date, but turned down an interview when I found out I'd be graduating earlier. They said they'd keep my resume on file and reach out to me if anything came up. Standard HR jargon. But about a month later, a recruiter reached out to me with an actual opening they wanted to interview. This spoke volumes to me about their follow-through and operational proficiency. Throughout the process, the recruiters were very responsive and friendly.

Started with a brief phone interview with my manager's manager, then about a 4-hour in-person interview with a peer, my direct manager, and her peer; separately, about an hour each.

The phone interview was more of a get-to-know-you thing.

With the in-person interview, they seemed to adhere to a pretty standard front-and-back sided 8.5x11" questionnaire with questions about how you handle conflict, your learning style, etc. If you've been through a behavioral-based interview before, you know the type. They wanted examples and experience in relation to my ability to multi-task, handle tough situations, etc.. Additionally, the interview touched on my technical skills as they would relate to the position.

Got an offer 2-3 days later. Very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• Name a type you faced adversity within a group setting and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Ratings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Three weeks after applying online, I received an email from a recruiter asking for my salary requirements and willingness to relocate. As others have experienced, 5 minutes before my scheduled phone interview, I received an email asking if I can push it back an hour due to someone else double-booking the manager's calendar. The manager on the phone was very friendly, but thought I had already spoken to HR about the role. She spoke about the role and emphasized they are looking for someone who is a good communicator, a good team fit, and someone willing to learn, rather than necessarily someone with a finance degree or Excel experience. I was offered an in-person interview the next day.

The manager was running 30 minutes late (seems to be a theme here), so I met with the other 2 team members first (separately). The first question I was asked was "Where are you from?" which is not actually legal, so I would suggest the managers prepare inexperienced team members on how to conduct an interview. The other team member said he had 5 other interviews that day and was too tired to ask me questions so I could ask questions & said that most of the people are in their 20's&30's and they are looking to hire more young workers. Again, I would suggest training your staff on proper interviewing.

The manager didn't ask me too many questions, as it appeared they had already made up their minds on hiring. The manager referred to the team as “the boys." It was very casual, if not too casual for the size of the company, and not very organized. There seemed to be a disconnect between the phone and in-person interview about what they were looking for in a candidate. I never received a courtesy rejection notification.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview (30 mins): Tell me about yourself. What other positions have you applied to? What is your experience with Excel? Do you prefer working in large or small companies?

Interview (1 hr): Tell me about yourself. Why S&P? Why the financial industry? How do you feel about data entry? Do you have experience with VLOOKUP, pivot tables, MicroStrategy, SQL?   Answer Question

Ratings Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Straightforward process which was fairly quick with a phone interview and three rounds of interviews with members of the team. The three rounds of interviews was done all the same day. Most questions were about me and my personality characteristics and wasn't particularly challenging. Pleasant process, really friendly interviewer who was honest and made it more a conversation than a formal interview.