S&P Global Ratings Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

S&P Global Ratings Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Ratings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a ratings director, who then forwarded my information to his equivalent in another city. I came in for an on site interview and met with three different ratings analysts. The interview was primarily behavioral and the questions were not too hard. I still have not heard back from the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a time where you had to handle a large amount of information in a short amount of time?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Ratings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Every member of the group interviews you and combine themselves to ask you very specific technical questions. By technical questions I mean statistical, and a lot of finance related questions. Sometimes they would make drawings to make sure you understand the questions they asking.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (San Francisco, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Behavioral and then lots of technical finance questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, very casual. In-person interview consisted of two rounds with 3 people in each. Asked technical and behavioral questions. Some were not so engaging, a few hammered with the technical. It was a basic interview for a research/analyst assistant. KNOW the financial statements and how they work together.

Interview Questions

• What is duration?
      If you had two bonds, one 5 year and another 10 year, and interest rates went up, which bond would decrease more in value?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I met three interviewers including a manager of the team one by one. They did not ask me technical question, but more like what programming skills I do have, how I worked in the previous work experience, or a little bit of personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Why S&P   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer to work by yourself or collaboratively?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview process as far as Wall St research jobs go. The process included several interview rounds with senior analysts and group head. Questions center around fit with team as well as general financial statement analytical ability.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

Interview process was challenging but straightforward. Had to interview with three managers formally and one informational interview with an analyst. They were very nice and accommodating and didn't make the process intimidating. They were very welcoming and made the interviews more conversational instead of pure questions and answers. First manager I interviewed with also kept constant communication with me during the process, which also helps.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as one of the most important aspects of this job?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

They contact you to set up an initial phone interview. The phone interview was about 20 minutes. Interviewer sounded like he was in a rush. They might ask you finance/accounting questions as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

It involves three different rounds of interviews. The first is with HR. The second is with hiring manager. The third is with potential colleagues. It helps to know people there to prep for the interview. A lot of interview questions are how to as a test of interviewee knowledge. Beefing up on the basic website through research is a great prepping tool.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings in September 2018.

Interview

Started out with a phone screening. First real interview was with a manager. Second round was with a research assistant and an analyst. Final round was with three higher ups. I forget their exact positions. All three interviews past the screening were done by a skype like application.