S&P Global Ratings Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

S&P Global Ratings Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Ratings

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

Applied online through the company job site and heard back from HR within a few weeks. There were 2 interview stages - one with the hiring manager and and the second with a senior director. It is an entry level role so the questions were based around the skills and personality. You are expected to know about the company so read as much as you can.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Structured Finance very broad and generic.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Ratings

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings in August 2013.

Interview

First round telephone interview from the head quarter HR in HK, basic questions about past experience and modelling skills. Face to face interview with a senior director from the team, quite relaxed, mainly behavior based, such as how do you deal with stakeholders.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings in January 2012.

Interview

phone interviews are quire easy, mainly about past internship experience. On site interview are composed of three sections, where I talked with three directors each section. Some questions are about knowledge of industry, big events, general questions.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email request to schedule a brief phone interview. Phone interview was very straight forward; Why do you want to make this move? What do you do in your current role? Do you have experience building macros? About a week later I received an email from an analyst who sent me a case study and gave me 24 hours to submit my 500 word case.

I never heard back and there is a new posting for the same role so I'm guessing I bombed the case?

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yo (Papua New Guinea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (Yo (Papua New Guinea)) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, phone interview with Lead Analytical Manager, in-person interview with two directors. Basically only asked on background and experience. No trick or highly technical questions. They had asked my views on the economy.

Interview Questions

• What are your views on the US economy?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings.

Interview

Standard... First fill in all the questions and submit CV through online application, phone interview with HR, interview with MD and other senior people. As expected, online psychometric testing is also required as well as a background check

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell us more about what you did in your previous role?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online. One week later I received an email from a recruiter to set up a telephone interview. We agreed on day and hour. When the day came, she forgot to call me. I waited for more than hour and a half and she didn't call. Later, I had a voice message from her, asking me if I was still interested. I sent her an email to reschedule another interview but she never replied or called again.
    Surpisingly, this is the 4th time a recruiter from S&P does this to me. Either they don't show up to interview you, they forget to call you or whatever excuse they have. Poor professionalism

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a video interview just with competency questions followed by two technical phone interviews. I was invited to the assessment center. Everybody was really nice and they asked me only competency questions. a 15 minutes telephone interview based on competency questions only.Typical questions like why S&P walk me through your CV, why are you interested in Credit ratings,what do you expect from the programme.It was an HR administrator who called me and the questions were tottaly expected.Moreover she asked me to talk her through my cv.

Interview Questions

• a) 3 factors of the financial crisis b) a lot of questions on the balance sheet c) profitability indeces   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I was expecting

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

In person interview and assignment. the case study involved analysing the business and financial risk of the company and recommend a rating.It also involved doing a detailed peer comp analysis, industry and country analysis.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (Paris (France)) in October 2013.

Interview

2 round of interviews with the team senior analysts (3 analysts at each round), involving an analytical discussion, plus a discussion on my background, my past profesional experiences and professional project looking forward, and an exercise (30mn preparation, financial spreadsheet of an LRG,computer): about an hour each
    and an interview (relatively short) with HR for salary negociation

Interview Questions

• What do you thing about the rating business? what is a rating/use/ for what different purposes?
      What are the different levels of LRG in France? their roles/competences ?
      what do you think about the territorial reform?   Answer Question