S&P Global Ratings Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at S&P Global Ratings

2.0

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewing at this company was unpleasant for me. The problem lies mainly in their methodology in identifying talent, which is totally 1-dimensional, or at least for this particular group. They want 1-dimensional people. The interviewers I had a problem with. They had no interpersonal skills and they were mean. I never got the feeling they ever wanted to get to know me. They asked a ton of impractical and obscure technical questions. They never gave me the opportunity to talk about what I did or my experience, and instead bombarded me with irrelevant technical questions that would never be applicable in the real world. The interviewer always tried to make me double guess my answer, even if it was correct. If I said something he disagreed with or believed to be incorrect, he would pounce on it and interrupt me without letting me finish my thought. He was very argumentive and there was no respect or professionalism. Not to mention, they made me take a lengthy, irrelevant examination right before interview and they will become very judgemental over you based off of how you do. Then, they will use that against you as a bargaining chip later on.

I did not receive an offer, but even if I did, I would have rejected it immediately. I have read many management books and have worked with the brightest minds in corporate America. I can recognize good management when I see it. This is Bad management, bad people. S&P has very high turnover rate too. Not many people stay in their seats for much longer than 2 years. To be fair, the recruiter I worked with was very kind, helpful and professional.

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Ratings

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Ratings (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview : walk through your resume, not very hard, need highly communication skills.Hiring process is quickly than other companies and all the interviewers are very nice to talk with.