S2 Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at S2 Games

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S2 Games (Portage, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

It's pretty laid back and congenial. A lot of times we hired people that someone knew and vouched for so making personal contact is important. The process itself began with a resume review, we wanted to make sure that the applicant had the requisite skills and could present themselves well. Next came the phone interview where we would ask about experience and willingness to relocate and what kinds of games you were into. The primary goal here was to make sure you hadn't oversold yourself on your resume and to gauge your interest level in the position. Finally, if you showed promise we would fly you out to the studio for up to one week. This might be the part that is potentially most unique about the process. Most people came for a day or two because they had work or school to get back to, but the goal of the studio visit was to really just give you a chance to roam around the studio and meet the team, get a sense of what the office culture was like, spend some time around the Kalamazoo area, and then there would be one or two interview sessions that got more in depth about what you thought about the company, how you saw yourself fitting into the team, what would you bring, etc. Again, though, applying for jobs can be stressful enough on its own and S2 is probably one of the less stressful experiences.

Interview Questions

• I was coming out of school so I think my most difficult question was "what skills will you bring to your position?"   Answer Question

Quality Assurance/Video Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at S2 Games (Portage, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

Signed up for their Quality Assurance on their Website then uploaded my resume to them. I was asked 6 questions.

Interview Questions

• How many dogs are in the USA?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite Character from the HoN or any other S2 Games?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience with a Mac computer?   1 Answer
    • How would you be a part of the team and what changes could you bring to the workforce for S2 Games   1 Answer