SAGE Publications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAGE Publications Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SAGE Publications in May 2017.

Interview

I had three rounds of interviews.
    1st: Casual phone conversation with hiring manager. She was great, and made me feel very comfortable.
    2nd: Video call with the person who I would be working closely with, were I to be offered the job. Also great, very comfortable.
    3rd: In-person interview with person mentioned in second round, and their assistant. Really cool, I got to learn more about the position and what it entailed, as well as their experiences working with SAGE.

Interview Questions

• What draws you to this position?
      What can you add to SAGE?
      Answer Question

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAGE Publications (Thousand Oaks, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter about a week later. She set up a phone interview with me via e-mail. She was 25 minutes late to our call which cut me short on asking questions. I however, did learn a great deal about the position. I was contacted a week later to schedule a video interview. The video interview I felt went well, it was with the HR Director. I was told that they were in the last steps and I would hear back in a week. I followed up a week later with the recruiter and was told she had no information and follow up again. I actually followed up two more times and never heard a thing. As an HR professional it is so frustrating to go through the process only to be ignored.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most challeneging employee relations issue.   Answer Question

SAGE Publications Response

Feb 1, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Business Partner

My humble apologies. I really try my best to give people in the interview process the very best experience possible and know I don’t always succeed at that. So seeing your feedback was especially ... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAGE Publications (Thousand Oaks, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Cold, hurried, interviewer was obviously in a rush and just went through the motions. Didn't follow up on status of the position until several months later. Interviewers acted like the interview was a burden.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAGE Publications (Thousand Oaks, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

A couple of weeks after applying online, I got an email to set up a video interview with the editor. Everything went fine, was asked about my background in editorial and other standard interview questions, but afterwards, I never heard back, even after a followup email and phone call. Second time this happened after interviewing for this company. Super unprofessional to not even bother with a basic rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• What were some skills you learned at a previous job that you could bring to this one?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAGE Publications (Thousand Oaks, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Series of interviews beginning with phone then in person. About 2 hours with 5 different people. Sent me directions and who to ask for when I arrived. Very thorough and helpful in getting to the location. SAGE loves to interview and takes it seriously. Phone interview first then invited to the office for a series of short interviews with most of the HR department. Everyone was very nice.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAGE Publications (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with a general screening interview with talent acquisitions. The interview was extremely pleasant. I felt the interviewer really wanted to place me in a position that would be best for both me and the company. After that, I had a half day of interviews with several members of the team I would be joining, and a day or so after that, another few brief interviews with other members of the team.

Interview Questions

• How I had dealt with a work conflict in the past, why I was interested in the position, what experiences I had in my previous position that I felt had prepared me for the role, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate too much because I felt they tried to compromise to meet what I was looking for and it felt pretty fair.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SAGE Publications (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an email that my application had been pulled for the Marketing Associate position and they requested a phone interview to go over the position and learn a little bit more about me. I had one web interview where I met the manager I would be working with. And then following that, I was invited in for a series of 5 onsite interviews (about 30 minutes each). I was given 3 assessments to complete - Editing of a letter (catching for all the grammar/spelling errors), Excel (prove basic skills & basic grammar test. After those interviews, I went through a background check.

Interview Questions

• Q: What type of programs are you familiar with? (Word, Excel, Dreamweaver, HTML coding, etc)
      Q: Standard Interview questions - tell me about yourself, a little bit about your work experience
      Most of my questions were very specific to the role that I would have and were situations like "how would you respond/handle this kind of situation?"
      Answer Question

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAGE Publications (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

They held three separate interviews with the Senior Editorial Manager, The Senior Editorial Assistant and an HR representative, the whole process took about two hours. Each interviewer had their own questions and own style. It was difficult to try and discern whether it was best just to repeat the same stories in a little bit of an altered way or think up new stories for each interviewer. I think I did a pretty good mix, I don't know in how much detail they confer over the prospective employees. The company really emphasizes communication, so I imagine that it is quite a bit.

Interview Questions

• What is one instance that you were overwhelmed and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAGE Publications in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through a staffing agency and the whole process took 3+ weeks. I met with a Manager and a Marketing Associate on the team. Pretty standard interview in my opinion. They asked me in for a second interview that I unfortunately had to decline (accepted another offer). It was overall a good experience and looks like a great company. But the whole process took way too long in my opinion, kind of felt like they tend to drag their feet which does not bode well for 'temporary to hire' positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your working style? How do you prioritize your work?   Answer Question

Book Reviewer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAGE Publications.

Interview

it was easy. got an email with some questions to answer about my experience. then i got a call asking a few simple follow-up questions. The whole experience was very pleasant and friendly.