SAIC Field Office Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAIC Field Office Technician Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Cyberspace Target (Fires) Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

I was contact the hiring manager after a brief encounter at a technical job fare. The hiring manager reviewed my resume and thought I would be a good fit for one of several positions. She asked if I would be available for a phone interview and what would be the best time/date for this interview. We set up the phone interview, confirmed the phone number, access number and the name and positions of the interview. The hiring manager was unavailable due to a personal matter.
  The interview was a great!! It was very profession and informative with a lot of back and forth asking me a lot of professional questions with some personal questions peppered in to help me feel like they wanted this to be a good fir for both myself and my family.

A few days later, the hire manager called and offered me the job, but I accepted a position with another company just the day before.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had ever developed a training plan and put together course material.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SAIC

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

Applied online and was called back 2 weeks later. 2 Phones interviews followed by and in person. Nothing was rushed and then a background and drug screen was done.

Interview Questions

• What project ins school have you worked on that you feel is relevant to this position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA).

Interview

Recruiter responded to my online application, conducted phone screen. Was brought in a couple of weeks later for interviews and then brought back a few weeks later for last round of interviews. Friendly interviewers, casual environment. I got conflicting answers about why the job was open and how many openings the team actually had. The VP I interviewed with talked the whole hour and only asked me 1 question....I declined the offer because the process took too long, the inconsistent answers regarding number and reasons for openings and because some of the interviewers were clearly fishing for information (sometimes outright asking) about how things are doing at my current company and some of the examples of the team's accomplishsments were things that I did 5-10 years ago other places.....it left me with the impression that this group doesn't have ideas of its own and in some regards is pretty far behind the times

Interview Questions

• How does your current company handle x? What's their policy on that?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SAIC (New York, NY).

Interview

Everyone was very professional and polite and had a general interest in me. My HR rep was very willing to help. Interviewer had to ask certain questions according to protocol, but then went their own way soon into the interview. It was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I would be doing if I was all set for money etc. of course the correct answer is to be working on something cool anyways (I assume).   Answer Question

Various Cyber Related Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Annapolis Junction, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Hiring event in response to being awarded a contract with the DOD. Multiple immediate fill requirements. Approximately 15 candidates on hand and 4 interviewers broken up by occupational skill area. Interviewed with one person who used a pre-filled rating evaluation form to rate me as a candidate. Lasted about an hour start to finish and was given a contingent offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• General questions as they related to my background. A lot of opportunity to ask about the company.   1 Answer

Virtual Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC in January 2017.

Interview

Delivery manager was late to the interview and was combative during the whole process. Kept asking questions and then argued with every response. Was evident this individual didn't understand the technology stack they were hiring for and kept boasting about how great of an environment they had and how much "cool stuff" they were doing. Cool stuff doesn't mean anything if you're going to ask someone what text editor they prefer to use and then attack that person's choice. Interviewer described lots of movements between teams and said I should take an entry level job in any department and then jump around. Did not sound like a healthy work environment. Not a single question was asked about what was in the job description.

Maritime BMD Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAIC (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewers and the interview process was totally professional. Great handshakes (A lost art in most venues), and each interviewer was very knowledgeable and forthcoming with their expectations. There was an extensive review of the subject matter as well as theoretical "what ifs" scenarios built in to test my responses and how to handle those situations.

Launch Safety Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAIC (Kennedy Space Center, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me first, to give a breakdown of the position and run some preliminary things by me(base pay, location, confirming my resume information) and then asked me when I could do a follow up interview with a program manager and another higher up. Actually set up the follow-up interview the very next day which was not your typical interview.

I was living 10 hours away at the time so they suggested a Skype interview. We couldn't figure out why our Skype connection wasn't working, so it turned into a conference call type interview. We did eventually figure out the Skype problem and ended the interview via video.

The two who interviewed me were absolutely amazing. Very nice and easy going. Fun and excited about their work. Easy to speak with have a genuine conversation with. Interview in all lasted about 45-55 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The people I interviewed with were truly amazing, the program manager actually got me a couple of thousands of dollars a year increase and a relocation bonus. I didn't even ask for it, but the PM was so gracious and kind. Such an amazing gesture.

CAD Drafter/Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAIC (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

Very straight forward. Questions were mainly about skills and abilities. Interview was about 30-45 minutes long. Interviewers were very professional and relaxed at the same time. they gave a very positive atmosphere. After the interview, it took about a month before they called back. Hiring process took a while due to background checks and drug tests.

Interview Questions

• Number of experience on a specific software was a critical question.   Answer Question

Staf Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

The Interview took about 15 minutes in total. The hiring manager was friendly and welcoming. We discussed my background in addition to the history of the position at the client site. The hiring manager also discussed benefits and we negotiated my salary which was fair. The Typical interview questions asking about your experience relating to the job. I would recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Have you supported the IC community in other roles?   1 Answer