SAIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAIC (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

it was very long and i didnt like it. It was way too long. Could have been short, but we just talk and talk and talk. It took the entire day to get back home. I was late for my other job and i almost got fired from my previous job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Recruiter . A security service send me a prescreening to fill-out, Scheduled for on site interview after 3 days.
    The receptionist at the door seems she was very tired of seeing candidates that come in and out for the interview. I was told there is only one interviewer on the interview confirmation email but I found 3 interviewers when I reached at the location. which I was not expected.
    They ask very simple questions. They were underestimating and didn't seems interested on the projects I did in college or my past work experience. Even-though the job description clearly mentioned 0 years of experience.
    The recruiter or hiring manager did not bother respond after the interview. They are shady and lazy . It is unprofessional to leave candidates hanging in this bad job market.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Khowst (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Khowst (Afghanistan)) in February 2013.

Interview

Consisted of troubleshooting and knowledge questions concerning technology. The interviewer spent time to get to know me to see if I would be a good fit. He also describe the job requirements and expectations. Overall it was a good back and forth discussion.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Tampa, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Well, I met the division chief, my boss. Then after meeting him, I met his deputy. Then I met with a senior program manager. And then I met a guy who was going to be my "wing man" on the overall program. We then all went to lunch. I then got ready to go to the airport and my division chief told me that I was hired. Basically, he wanted to get the reaction of the rest of the guys to see if they saw something that might make me not a good co-worker.

Interview Questions

• The division chief asked me about the project we were working, to see if I had done any research.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very direct, based on what I said I wanted. We basically split the difference and he gave me a small signing bonus

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Charleston, SC) in June 2011.

Interview

Initially had to fill out multiple documents and forms, more than half due to background check and pre-authorization of minimal clearance level.
    Phone Interview was not technical ,more so of general understanding.
    F2F Interview was three to one and not with the program manager I was to interview with, but supposedly with would-be peers, co-workers. No one had a copy of my resume, nor knew my background. Within thirty minutes of questions and requests of explanations of my background, their conversation turned to movies, current ones, what I had seen (which I am not an avid movie person thus not current), then to batman movies. The lead questioner (the one who took over the questioning of all three) actually posed the question: Which batman movie do you like best? Which batman do you consider yourself to be and why?
    (Seriously? I kind of laughed) Serious... since I did not play along the interview was over. I met with the program manager a few minutes later who didn't even have a chair in their office for me to sit in, they gave me their chair and only told me what the interview process was.
    In a second attempt with this firm, the initial phone interview was scheduled with another program manager and when the phone interview came, two people whom worked for them, called me, asking me database and infrastructure questions as they were technical SMEs, then asked me if I used MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
    I will never consider, recommend not apply for an SAIC job again, hopefully it’s just the weirdness of Charleston.

Interview Questions

• What was my favorite Batman movie?
      Which Batman did I consider myself to be closest to and why?
      1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC in December 2010.

Interview

It involved interviewing with the two people from the human resource, then the IT director. they were very cordial and very accommodating. they offered the pay travel and hotel which was very cool. everyone was nice and very professional

Interview Questions

• what is an information system?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

Very fair, but it took four different interview sessions to finally be hired. First, was a question and answer period. Then I was called in to perform a presenattiion with an audience of 12 people, then I was called for a follow on interview. Lastly, went in for another discussion on company benefits, and on that day I recieved a call from the recruuiter with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you explian the acquisition proeccess as it pertains tpo DoD acquisition?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy. I took the very frst salray number offered since I am retired military and salary was not an issue.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Reston, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

In the interview process you must be confident and honest. Never be arrogant, show that you know what you are talking about and above all look your interviewer's straight in the eye.

Interview Questions

• Did I have familiarity with an SOP   1 Answer
    • .Are you familiar with Has (high Availability)   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Found the job posting online at Glassdoor. Was working contract and knew SAIC as a company I wanted to work for, so I applied and submitted my resume. Took a few months before my name came up for an interview. I was contacted and given more documentation to fill out, including a complete background check by DoD form. Contacted by their nice HR department, which lead to an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working with the defense department?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Morrisville, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

two phone screens. The first phone screen was with hiring manager. The second phone screen was with the other administrators. After which there was a group face to face interview with all department members.

Interview Questions

• Basic skills questions. Questions on planning and procurement.   Answer Question