SAIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAIC Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAIC in March 2017.

Interview

Attended an on campus career fair, talked with a campus representative, set up and interview the following morning. Interview was a 30 minute behavioral interview. Interview went well, received an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Name and describe the 4 pillars of object oriented programming. Give examples of each.

Bonus Question: If there was a zombie apocalypse, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA).

Interview

Recruiter responded to my online application, conducted phone screen. Was brought in a couple of weeks later for interviews and then brought back a few weeks later for last round of interviews. Friendly interviewers, casual environment. I got conflicting answers about why the job was open and how many openings the team actually had. The VP I interviewed with talked the whole hour and only asked me 1 question....I declined the offer because the process took too long, the inconsistent answers regarding number and reasons for openings and because some of the interviewers were clearly fishing for information (sometimes outright asking) about how things are doing at my current company and some of the examples of the team's accomplishsments were things that I did 5-10 years ago other places.....it left me with the impression that this group doesn't have ideas of its own and in some regards is pretty far behind the times

Interview Questions

• How does your current company handle x? What's their policy on that?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SAIC (New York, NY).

Interview

Everyone was very professional and polite and had a general interest in me. My HR rep was very willing to help. Interviewer had to ask certain questions according to protocol, but then went their own way soon into the interview. It was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I would be doing if I was all set for money etc. of course the correct answer is to be working on something cool anyways (I assume).   Answer Question

Virtual Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC in January 2017.

Interview

Delivery manager was late to the interview and was combative during the whole process. Kept asking questions and then argued with every response. Was evident this individual didn't understand the technology stack they were hiring for and kept boasting about how great of an environment they had and how much "cool stuff" they were doing. Cool stuff doesn't mean anything if you're going to ask someone what text editor they prefer to use and then attack that person's choice. Interviewer described lots of movements between teams and said I should take an entry level job in any department and then jump around. Did not sound like a healthy work environment. Not a single question was asked about what was in the job description.

Various Cyber Related Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Annapolis Junction, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Hiring event in response to being awarded a contract with the DOD. Multiple immediate fill requirements. Approximately 15 candidates on hand and 4 interviewers broken up by occupational skill area. Interviewed with one person who used a pre-filled rating evaluation form to rate me as a candidate. Lasted about an hour start to finish and was given a contingent offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• General questions as they related to my background. A lot of opportunity to ask about the company.   1 Answer

Maritime BMD Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAIC (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewers and the interview process was totally professional. Great handshakes (A lost art in most venues), and each interviewer was very knowledgeable and forthcoming with their expectations. There was an extensive review of the subject matter as well as theoretical "what ifs" scenarios built in to test my responses and how to handle those situations.

Launch Safety Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAIC (Kennedy Space Center, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me first, to give a breakdown of the position and run some preliminary things by me(base pay, location, confirming my resume information) and then asked me when I could do a follow up interview with a program manager and another higher up. Actually set up the follow-up interview the very next day which was not your typical interview.

I was living 10 hours away at the time so they suggested a Skype interview. We couldn't figure out why our Skype connection wasn't working, so it turned into a conference call type interview. We did eventually figure out the Skype problem and ended the interview via video.

The two who interviewed me were absolutely amazing. Very nice and easy going. Fun and excited about their work. Easy to speak with have a genuine conversation with. Interview in all lasted about 45-55 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The people I interviewed with were truly amazing, the program manager actually got me a couple of thousands of dollars a year increase and a relocation bonus. I didn't even ask for it, but the PM was so gracious and kind. Such an amazing gesture.

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SAIC (Aberdeen, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Upper management made a very impressive face to face when they were in the process of transitioning personnel from the old contract, when we did transition their attitude toward local employess changed for the worse.

Interview Questions

• Wasnt really questions but statements on how they planned to perform the tasks and take over the contract   1 Answer

CAD Drafter/Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAIC (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

Very straight forward. Questions were mainly about skills and abilities. Interview was about 30-45 minutes long. Interviewers were very professional and relaxed at the same time. they gave a very positive atmosphere. After the interview, it took about a month before they called back. Hiring process took a while due to background checks and drug tests.

Interview Questions

• Number of experience on a specific software was a critical question.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

Started early based on my arrival. Young professional did the interview and was very cordial and seemed uninterested in what was being discussed. As if something else was on his mind. Primarily discussed what the position is and will do. Only time I could discuss my qualifications was to interject into the conversation