SAIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAIC (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

it was very long and i didnt like it. It was way too long. Could have been short, but we just talk and talk and talk. It took the entire day to get back home. I was late for my other job and i almost got fired from my previous job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAIC (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I uploaded my resume into the company website, searched and located a position online, applied for the job. Shortly afterwards I was contacted by a recruiter and did a brief phone interview with him covering my work history. Afterwards, I had a panel interview with management to ask me about the specific job I applied for online. I had a second interview with the same panel with more questions about what I would do if....this or that happened in the workplace. How I would handle certain things. A work or so later, I was offered the job and began onboarding.

Interview Questions

• As a women working with men, how do I handle unwanted comments?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

Like most folks I work with, I am former military. So my interview was like this:
    Hey bud, heard you were getting out of the military. Do you have a job lined up? No? Well you do now.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a clean record and pass a drug test?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Huntsville, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

A day after applying I was contacted by a recruiter who asked me if I had and preferences in location or job role and then asked when I would have time to schedule a phone interview a few days later. No technical questions were asked, only went over experience on the resume and was explained what the job would be about. A few hour later I was informed they would like to do an in-person interview and flew me out to tour the job site and meet potential supervisors. No technical questions were asked and I was briefed more on the project and had a casual conversation about my personal background. An offer was made a day later.

Net Backup Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with the Manager and team lead. Manager met me in the lobby and pronounced my name with the appropriate cadence.Complimented my coming in on time. He started by asking a few general questions then introduced me to the lead who was dialing in from a remote location. The lead asked me several application specific questions which I answered. After about 30 minutes the lead excused himself. The manager asked me operating environment related questions for another 40 minutes. He then told me the nature of the environment I was potentially going to work in.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps needed to conduct a disaster recovery exercise.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

The recruiter was more organized than the interviewer, who was impossible to reach and had trouble scheduling the interview because he "had no administrative help." It felt disorganized and unfocused. I almost walked away from the entire company in this time because it seemed like nobody had any organizational sense at all.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions. We chatted like we were having an awkward conversation at a cocktail party and he told me why it was a great place to work. I never was able to show writing samples. It was very strange. I guess he had already decided to offer me the job before he met me, but it was still the most non-useful interview I've ever had.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I requested a salary at close to $60,000 and the recruiter said the range would be below that, and that I wouldn't be offered that much.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

SAIC contracts with companies (commercial/government) that "require" qualified skilled resources based on certification -- in short, ensure certs are up-to-date and relevant. Respective hiring manager will contact you if qualified (on paper) for initial phone interview; questions appear textbox particular to the "title" of the job, not the particulars of the work. A successful phone interview will lead to onsite follow up. Experience has shown that once again, SAIC targets talented candidates who can speak intelligently to the job title. I emphasize this because not all candidates who know the technical response to an interview question make for a right fit. This, in my view, is a short coming with SAIC; but for any prospects looking to get in may be a good thing. Highly recommend that all candidates not only "know the answer" technically, but also "know the company" and "know their customer" ... this will prove a tremendous value add and excellent negotiation starting point.

Interview Questions

• The challenge seen during most interviews deals with curbing one's enthusiasm and listening to the questions being asked. Hiring managers will harp on "jargon", "text box", "best practices" language during the interview process; if an experience candidate responds in turn with "practical" answers, the interviewer will keep repeating question. There is no one difficult or unexpected question, as much as there is an expected (almost scripted) dialogue. Hiring managers have also been known to challenge the integrity and credibility of a candidate based on "paper" as well as communication. Candidates must articulate they are the right person, with the right skills. To my experience, SAIC rarely does peer interviews, but they may have one or more managers/leads participate in an interview session. And be prepared to have SAIC listen to its own voice vice extending a candidate an opportunity to show case their abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was misleading in that there was a relocation at a significant pay reduction to meet contract entry criteria, with an [undocumented] assurance of comparable pay increase to come back up to par within a short turnaround. This did not occur and management reneged on advancement opportunities; this happened to many employees.

The "phase" it self was one of initial communication with hiring manager of salary requirements, followed by SAIC confirmation with status of current/last employer. There appears a discretionary negotiation with hiring manager and a verbal offer; once [verbally] accepted, SAIC sends an offer letter and awaits confirmation of employment.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Basic interview. Just know what the company is about and the details of the position you are applying for. Also, be prepared with the questions on what skills to you bring to the new postion

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAIC in January 2015.

Interview

3 phone calls the last being the Technical interview. It lasted about 20 minutes and was more of a conversation.

The offer came in and then it was just about 3 days of filling out paperwork on their site.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel.   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Interview

3 weeks, Interview was a comfortable, relaxed sit down with one of the managers. He was very upfront about the position, and the job I would be doing. I was given an offer the following day from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• none, they were straightforward regarding qualifications, and my background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy, a few emails and phone calls over the span of a day and that was it.