SAIC Interview Questions in McLean, VA | Glassdoor

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA).

Interview

Recruiter responded to my online application, conducted phone screen. Was brought in a couple of weeks later for interviews and then brought back a few weeks later for last round of interviews. Friendly interviewers, casual environment. I got conflicting answers about why the job was open and how many openings the team actually had. The VP I interviewed with talked the whole hour and only asked me 1 question....I declined the offer because the process took too long, the inconsistent answers regarding number and reasons for openings and because some of the interviewers were clearly fishing for information (sometimes outright asking) about how things are doing at my current company and some of the examples of the team's accomplishsments were things that I did 5-10 years ago other places.....it left me with the impression that this group doesn't have ideas of its own and in some regards is pretty far behind the times

Interview Questions

• How does your current company handle x? What's their policy on that?   Answer Question

Senior Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter phone screen. In person interview with hiring manager. The hiring manager reviewed my credentials by going through day to day functions in my role and asking very simple questions about what I like/don't like in my role. I could tell she was very pleased with my candidate answers and flow of the interview as it related back to the role.

Interview Questions

• overall review of my day to day work functions/responsbilities   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed twice with SAIC about 3 weeks apart. They were very friendly and promoted a very easy and open interviewing environment. The first interview was simply behavioral and I was interviewed by 2 managers for about an hour. The second interview consisted of a mixture of behavioral and situational questions from 2 more hiring managers. I was then interviewed by 2 others that I would have been working with had I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last job? What were your responsibilities?   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was given an interview based on an employee referral. If you know someone who works here get a referral because it speeds the process up quite a bit. I was contacted and informally interviewed by several different recruiters as they tried to find the right place for me within SAIC. Interviewed with my manager once on the phone and was called a few days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about my experience and what I anticipated the job responsibilities to be   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview with Service Line Manager, we just talked about my college and work experience and how do I want to grow in the IT field. What work in school did I enjoy the most and how that work improve your learning style.

Chief Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

A difficult process, interviewers were top down CC types. Interview was with 16 employees which went well with the exception of last one. I was left with the clear feeling that I was black-balled by last one!

Director of Payroll Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA).

Interview

It was fast and very efficient

Software, Security & Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA).

Interview

I did not do a standard interview. I was hired by a hiring manager I was in a Sun Solaris class with. After two days he offered me a job. After that he found out that Lockheed would not allow him to hire me, as I worked for them, as there were a sub, so he searched until he found another division who needed my skills. I did an interview with 6 staff, but had a offer in the mail box when I got home that day.

Interview Questions

• lots of questions on networking, Encryption, and Unix/Microsoft Server Systems   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail in response to my application and resume submission. I was asked to answer a list of additional questions via e-mail. This was followed up by a call from an HR rep, so set up a series of five one-on-one interviews over 10 business days. (One was via telephone with a VP in CA.) Unfortunately, the perception of the environment/culture was much different than the reality.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult. What was difficult was making a connection to the interviewer that would open the door to a more comfortable interview session. If you can't make that connection, chances are good that you won't get a positive review.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The initial salary offer was so far above what I was expecting (more than $29K than I had anticipated), that no negotiation was necessary. I was quite shocked, actually.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone screen addressed basic credentials. Had several one-on-one interviews during a morning period. Interviewed with HR-personnel, Business Development Manager, Vice President, and Senior Vice President. Interviews revolved around skills, background, and credentials.
    Offer made after about 7 to 10 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situaltional where you had to promote/develop new or expansion to business.   Answer Question