SAIC Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Recruiter . A security service send me a prescreening to fill-out, Scheduled for on site interview after 3 days.
    The receptionist at the door seems she was very tired of seeing candidates that come in and out for the interview. I was told there is only one interviewer on the interview confirmation email but I found 3 interviewers when I reached at the location. which I was not expected.
    They ask very simple questions. They were underestimating and didn't seems interested on the projects I did in college or my past work experience. Even-though the job description clearly mentioned 0 years of experience.
    The recruiter or hiring manager did not bother respond after the interview. They are shady and lazy . It is unprofessional to leave candidates hanging in this bad job market.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Fast, Was reached out to by a friend who put in my resume, HR Contacted me 2 days later, Set up a small telephone interview with me, Scheduled a phone interview with the Program manager, Service Line manager, and On site manager.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience with prior equipment that I would be using. (Cryptographic devices), Which Certifications I held and Maintained.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed, not intimidating, friendly staff. I was interview by two people, both were program managers. They asked about my education and hobbies, and helped break the ice.

Interview Questions

• How can you help this company?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Found the job posting online at Glassdoor. Was working contract and knew SAIC as a company I wanted to work for, so I applied and submitted my resume. Took a few months before my name came up for an interview. I was contacted and given more documentation to fill out, including a complete background check by DoD form. Contacted by their nice HR department, which lead to an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working with the defense department?   1 Answer

Technical Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camp Pendleton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Camp Pendleton, CA).

Interview

Initially I was given a phone interview. Then a one-on-one and then an oral interview conducted by several employees. Upon hire, I was then subjected to a week of sexual harassment and other training modules - more than any other company I have worked for, probably as a result of past issues that have plagued this company. On-the-job training followed oral testing and a series of practical application demonstrations.

Interview Questions

• No question was too difficult or unexpected. The interview process was very straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation consisted of an offer, my counter offer, their acceptance and then mine. It was a very routine process.

App Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Had a onsite interview with the lead. And got my offer after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't familiar with term uml, but knew about the OOP relationships in the diagram.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, but just took the offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Initially contacted by HR to set up in person interview. Met with supervisor of the project, VP of division and an engineer who was in my field. The interview wasn't very technical since it was for an internship, but the common behavioral questions were asked. Everyone was very professional and the process went by smoothly. Was contacted about a week later notifying me that I was selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which there was a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

They contacted me and set up a phone interview, and I talked to the SAIC PM, a couple of SAIC employees, and a couple of representatives from the customer. I had kind of an unfair advantage in having worked in this environment before and was recommended very highly by some people the SAIC folks knew, so this was more of a casual review of my skills and the customer's needs. I never did an in-person interview and had an offer after a couple of phone conversations.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stands out. Nothing tricky or weird. Sorry!   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

There was a general discussion of my experience and education. They paid particular attention to DOD related work I had done, and my experience writing software for the Navy. I was also given an impromptu oral "exam", which amounted to questions about some of the technologies I had worked with. C#, Javascript, Object Oriented coding methodologies etc.

Interview Questions

• Strange Question - Why are manhole covers round?   1 Answer

IT Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone screenings with recruiter, HR manager, and department manager then flew to the corporate HQ for interviews with my boss, his boss, and several of his peers. Took them about four weeks from the onsite interview to extend the offer, during which I touched base with my soon-to-be boss about once a week.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were unstructured--- Each person asked their own questions, mostly focused on different aspects of my professional background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate salary up about 5% from the initial offer. SAIC's final offer was very generous and included relocation support.