SAIC Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAIC Systems Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

Started early based on my arrival. Young professional did the interview and was very cordial and seemed uninterested in what was being discussed. As if something else was on his mind. Primarily discussed what the position is and will do. Only time I could discuss my qualifications was to interject into the conversation

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SAIC

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAIC.

Interview

Initially I was contacted by a friend with a job description. After interviewing with him and some other members of his team I was offered the position. I worked there for 7 years and enjoyed the work and the people I worked with,

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Reston, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

In the interview process you must be confident and honest. Never be arrogant, show that you know what you are talking about and above all look your interviewer's straight in the eye.

Interview Questions

• Did I have familiarity with an SOP   1 Answer
    • .Are you familiar with Has (high Availability)   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAIC in October 2011.

Interview

I had 3 interviews total 1st was with HR this was basic questions about I you would handle this or that. 2nd was the IT Manager this was basic question. The 3rd was the technical this was hard there were questions about things that was no where near the job I was applying for but I just think they were trying to get a grasp on everything knew about IT.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would go about creating a vmware environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in December 2008.

Interview

I initially met with the company at a Campus interview for 30 minutes and it was quite casual. Questions were asked about how one would "teach" another and about my senior projects and group work. Behavioral questions were asked about how I went about to excel in school.

The 2nd (final) round interview was held at the office in McLean, VA. I met with 4 different people for about 30 mins each. Each was in a different position and asked about my resume and classes. The interview wasn't too technical and focused on my thought processes and group skills.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC in February 2012.

Interview

I knew someone on the inside so I was able to get my foot in the door and bypass HR initially. The first interview I had was with the person I knew and a manager. It was an informal discussion over lunch. They were mostly interested in what I was looking for along with a little discussion of my experience and qualifications. A couple of days after that I was called by an HR person to set up a more formal interview. That interview was at SAIC with four other people. It was still fairly informal, but I was asked more specific questions about my experience and qualifications. Some of the questions were a little difficult only because they were related to areas I'm not very familiar with. It seemed they were trying to figure out where I would fit in the team as opposed to grilling me on what I know or don't know.Two weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The HR person asked what my salary range was when he set up the second interview. The offer they presented came in higher than I was expecting and I did not try to negotiate higher as I didn't feel it would be worth it for an extra $1000.