SAIC Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.6

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about a day or two after posting my resume in their database. After I talked with her and applied for the position officially, it took the hiring manager less than an hour to decide that they wanted to bring me in for a personal interview. I met the hiring manager and the next day they came to make me an offer.

Interview Questions

There were a few reasons I declined:
    1) The benefits were less comprehensive than my current ones.
    2) The salary was less than I wanted.
    3) I was looking for a more senior role with more responsibilities.
    4) The other developer I met that would've been on my team seemed less than interested in speaking to me. He barely poked his head from behind his computer screens to say hello to me. He barely even spoke to the hiring manager when she asked him a question. Busy or not, if you want to impress a potential candidate, be prepared to be friendly.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Reston, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

In the interview process you must be confident and honest. Never be arrogant, show that you know what you are talking about and above all look your interviewer's straight in the eye.

Interview Questions

• Did I have familiarity with an SOP   1 Answer
    • .Are you familiar with Has (high Availability)   1 Answer

Principal Management Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Normal format - sat down with three different people. Met client site based staff to discuss what the client was looking for in the role. The interviews were conversational in nature.

GIS FMV Psotitions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Took a long time (approximately 2 months) unitl i heard anything aside from an automated email reply.
    Once I recieved a phone call it was from the hiring manager for the contract and a technical analyst. They had my resume and asked I had time now for an interview. Interview went well, the hiring manager did not know a lot of the specifics of the contract and did not know the 'technical speak', which was why the technical analyst was there. Interview went well but they were obviously trying to hire for lower positions but they wanted someone with experience. I could speak to everything they required without problems. Said they would let people know in a few weeks about the position. Found out through an email the position was closed with no explaination.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult project you were involved in and how long you worked on it.   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to deploy overseas and what length of time?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quantico, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAIC (Quantico, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were great. There was one person from SAIC and one person from the subcontractor. The hiring process was quick and easy.

Negotiation

no negotiations

USCIS - Senior Deployment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed at job fair, interview went great, I was told when an opening became available, I would be contacted. Three weeks later, an opening came available and nothing happened. Contacted HR rep and I wasn't on the hiring list, personal grudge... Can't contact hiring manager, do not have access through ISSIAC

Deputy Division Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Vienna, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Internal Interview one-on-one with other Deputy Division Manager - informal interview - focus was on problems, solutions, lessons learned.

Interview Questions

• Name three experiences were you were presented with a problem, how you solved it, and what were the lessons learned.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (McLean, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail in response to my application and resume submission. I was asked to answer a list of additional questions via e-mail. This was followed up by a call from an HR rep, so set up a series of five one-on-one interviews over 10 business days. (One was via telephone with a VP in CA.) Unfortunately, the perception of the environment/culture was much different than the reality.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult. What was difficult was making a connection to the interviewer that would open the door to a more comfortable interview session. If you can't make that connection, chances are good that you won't get a positive review.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The initial salary offer was so far above what I was expecting (more than $29K than I had anticipated), that no negotiation was necessary. I was quite shocked, actually.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Arlington, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

3 part interview
    1) Phone screen with a project manager as a general background check / tech screen
    2) In-person interview with the program manager, general skills and culture fit.
    3) in-person interview with 3 peers, tested general programming knowledge, culture fit, and general technical know how.

In-person interviews followed 3 days after the phone screen and all in 1 day.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when faced with an issue you don't know the solution to?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

My initial interview was over the phone with the program manager who asked about my background and experience. I submitted my application online and within 2 weeks or so I had an initial offer and a second phone interview with my PM and the customer. I was offered the position after that interview.

Interview Questions

• What does your ideal day look like?   2 Answers

Negotiation

there was no negotiation.