SAIC Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.5

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial telephone screen followed by two in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding creating/analyzing processes, how to improve or codify.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted with no negotiation due to salary being above what I had asked for.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

Key leadership contacted regarding the skills and expertise that i represented. Further investigation required a series of interviews with department having the needs that i represent. Negotiations with internal procurement and other adminstrative personnel to work through paper trail required and signatures at various levels. The divisions between groups and the locations in working with people - which of these 4 people do I call and ask -or do I call all of them.

Interview Questions

• Inernet and company identification was difficult to connect with the correct group so an e-mail and access to the company information was limited. Then once this was set in place a periodic expiration constantly (bi-monthly) was required to maintain an identity. So all paper work had to be submitted again.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Described in the "Most Difficult" section.

Senior EVM Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview process is very easy. Initial call with Intercompany Recruiting Staff who with you reviews your skillsets, goals and salary expectations. Second call with manager with questions regarding your abilities and general converation to learn about you and how you would fit in with the team. Third interview, if contract work, with customer. If all is good, you are hired within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• Know your stuff. Don't be too general in answering project scheduling questions and by all means do give examples or scenarios for your answers. No overly difficult questions, very friendly interview conversations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be shy in asking the salary range. Ask questions and what you are expected to deliver, be sure to listen to the questions and respond truthfully in what you expect.

GIS FMV Psotitions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Took a long time (approximately 2 months) unitl i heard anything aside from an automated email reply.
    Once I recieved a phone call it was from the hiring manager for the contract and a technical analyst. They had my resume and asked I had time now for an interview. Interview went well, the hiring manager did not know a lot of the specifics of the contract and did not know the 'technical speak', which was why the technical analyst was there. Interview went well but they were obviously trying to hire for lower positions but they wanted someone with experience. I could speak to everything they required without problems. Said they would let people know in a few weeks about the position. Found out through an email the position was closed with no explaination.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult project you were involved in and how long you worked on it.   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to deploy overseas and what length of time?   Answer Question

USCIS - Senior Deployment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed at job fair, interview went great, I was told when an opening became available, I would be contacted. Three weeks later, an opening came available and nothing happened. Contacted HR rep and I wasn't on the hiring list, personal grudge... Can't contact hiring manager, do not have access through ISSIAC

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

My initial interview was over the phone with the program manager who asked about my background and experience. I submitted my application online and within 2 weeks or so I had an initial offer and a second phone interview with my PM and the customer. I was offered the position after that interview.

Interview Questions

• What does your ideal day look like?   2 Answers

Negotiation

there was no negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

The hiring manager forwarded my resume to the hr. And the hr called me up on a Friday morning. She asked several basic questions about my working permits, my relevant education background. Two behavioral questions but no technical questions at all. A follow up phone call from hiring manager was on next Tuesday (quite efficient by the way). We didn't chat a lot before we get to the interview. He asked me to describe relevant experience I listed on my resume and particularly asked me what my role was in those task. Overall it's a nice experience, but I don't know why I didn't get an offer.

Systems Analyst/Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Face-to-face with several managers and other staff and the identified customer. Met first with SAIC managers, and then with customer management. Requirements of the position were specified; a number of questions were asked; several observations were made; and the desired work product and results were forecasted. Tour of facility and work environment/spaces was conducted .

Interview Questions

• What do you think you bring to the table to be an asset for SAIC?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in November 2010.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and had a phone interview with hiring manager first. Then had a face to face interview during lunch hour. The process was short and pleasant. I have the skills what the Director is looking for so he made an verbal offer on the spot. Then I got contacted by HR to fill forms and negotiate salary.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAIC (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

Human resources manager contacted me by phone and was flexible taking into consideration I was in a crowded place. He began by asking me to describe my whole job experience from the very beginnng. He later asked to highlight those areas that were related to the position I was applying to. He did not ask many questions but let me do most of the talking. In those areas that were not clear to him, he would ask a few questions fro teh purpose of keeping the conversation on track. I was asked about my current status and about my salary prespectives. He reiterated his company's intention to keep his employees happy. His behaviour was always gentlemen like and very friendly.