SAIF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAIF Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Safety Management Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAIF in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with two individuals that were very disinterested and very obviously going through the motions of interviewing. It's interesting because there are hires in this position with Saif that had 6 months of experience or less which is scary. Even top level certification in safety with experience gets paid a fraction of what other professionals in safety make.

Bilingual Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Salem, OR).

Interview

Online application limited in duration and amount of information I could provide. Consistent responses to electronic submission, maybe above average for keeping appraised of status. Phone interview to start. Panel on call, some difficulty with blue-tooth reception on their end so had to hold phone, limited options for taking notes.

Interview Questions

• Panel member was not aware they only wanted 10 years of work history and so was surprised at an answer that involved work outside of that time period. Another panel member was aware. Seemed to be some surprise on their side of the phone when I pointed out the explicit instruction to limit my history.   Answer Question

Investigator Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAIF (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, Received an email to schedule a phone interview 3 days after the job posting closed. Basic customer service scripted questions. Two days after the phone interview I was scheduled for a panel interview. Basic 4 person interview with behavioral based questions. Please describe a time where you had a difficult time at work, how did you handle it. 30 min panel interview, followed by a two person mock interview. 5 minutes to ask questions about a claim 10 minutes to write a report. ended with a tour the tour guide is also an interviewer so ask questions. following the interview i heard nothing back from SAIF for 3 weeks, and ultimately received an email stating they had chose to go another route. The process took way too long. over two months.

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Bend, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

SAIF uses the same questions over and over and spends no time trying to get to know you. Expect no small talk. Most the questions are easy: Tell us about your experience with covert surveillance. Explain a time you had to multi-task.

Premium Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Portland, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

I received a call from an HR rep about three days after application deadline. They rep was polite and asked to schedule a telephone interview. She confirmed the day and time in a email sent a few minutes later. It was exactly one week away.

A supervisor and another associate called to conduct the phone interview. It lasted about a half hour and consisted of basic scripted questions such as: Why do you feel you are qualified? Can you define good customer service? The last question was whether if I had any questions. They closed the interview by asking if I would be available for a second interview. No second interview date was set at this time.

One week later, another HR rep called to set up a panel interview in the Portland Office. There was not much notice. The day of the call was a Wednesday and the interview was on a Friday. The rep sent a confirmation email with directions and parking information. Upon arriving early (about 30 minutes or so) I was provided a list of interview questions to study. The receptionist gave me this list about 15 minutes before my interview time. There were 8 questions. Questions examples were: What makes you qualified for this position? What personal standards do you set for yourself? What is good customer service?

The panel consisted of four individuals. Three were from the premium audit division while the fourth was an underwriter. The interview took about 50 minutes. It was a comfortable interview and I beleived I answered the questions well.

I was then asked to take a writing test. The test consisted of a small room with a desktop computer w/ MS Word. There were instructions describing an audit scenario and they test asked me to narrate my approach to audit that risk. It appears they were trying to judge my writing skills more than my auditing knowledge.

The receptionist validated my parking and the the person running the skills test wished me good luck. I left the interview feeling it went pretty well and was conducted professionally.

I'm still waiting on word whether I will be offered the position. The interview was last week and the main interviewer stated I would know by this week.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Portland, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

I received a call from an HR rep. to set a phone interview about 3 days after the close of the application process. The phone interview was conducted by two people and was very structured and limited to 30 minutes. Some of the questions asked were things like "why do you think you are qualified etc..." There were also a few situational questions. Two days after the phone interview I was again contacted by an HR rep. and invited to an in person panel interview. The HR rep. sent an email confirming date time and location. Upon arrival 15 minutes early I was given a list of 8 situational questions which I could review. At the time of the interview the panel took turns asking the same situational questions and took extensive written notes. After the panel interview I was asked to type a letter to a fictitious treating physician and then taken on a tour of the facility.

The facility was very nice and appears to be a great place to work. I was very excited about the prospect of joining this organization. The whole process was positive and I felt like they were looking to screen me in and not screen me out. The set up of the interview room was ideal for a panel interview and the interviewers were very nice to speak with.

About 7 business days later (the discussion in the interview was 5 business days) I was contacted by a person who had NOT been a part of the process and was told they chose to go with someone else. I was a little disappointed. I might be just irritated about not getting the job, but the person who called to tell me I was not going to be offered the job was extremely unprofessional and spoke in valley-girlish tone and manner. It kind of leaves a bad impression when you feel you may get a job that requires professional demeanor and then receive a call from "barbie" saying to keep applying. I will keep applying but, have yet to decide whether I will at SAIF again or not. My interaction with "barbie" left a bad taste in my mouth.

SCM-Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAIF (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

Willing to approach for SCM middle level, just wanted to know the scope