SAP Concur Regional Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Regional Sales Executive

SAP Concur Regional Sales Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at SAP Concur

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAP Concur in January 2014.

Interview

about 6 interviews. Multiple interviews over the phone and two in person. You will not only interview with management but also with 3 different employees who hold the same position you are interviewing for. You will also have to give a presentation on the Concur software... there will be instructions provided. The process took me a little over 3 months. Be patient as it is extremely competitive. I have spoke with employees that interviewed two and three separate times and got the offer after multiple declines.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you have done in the past that will make you succeed in this role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations for sales positions... consider yourself lucky if you get the offer. VERY COMPETITIVE process. Well worth the wait.

Other Interview Reviews for SAP Concur

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Bellevue, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

very well organized - I was in the loop on next steps etc. It is a long process, Concur obviously screens for the best. The recruiter was easy to reach, and offered great feedback and insight as the loop progressed. I was able to get a good feel of the company during the process as well.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions- as the loop continued more detailed about who you are etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

I received an email the next day after I submitted a resume online through the Concur website. I spoke with the recruiter on the phone and while she gave a good job description for my experience she was only interested in my 2014 W2. From that point she immediately disqualified my candidacy, she did not bother to learn of my experience, the type of customer or deal size I work with. She further went on to give me a run down of why I was not qualified which was not accurate in the least as she had not gathered any information as to my experience. I would not recommend Concur unless you are looking for a pay cut.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Bellevue, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

series of interviews and a panel- each interview was about 30-45 minutes long. Each interviewer was friendly and they made sure I understood the role. They also used peers as interviewers to ensure I would be a good fit for the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed a few years ago, was told I was the top candidate - never heard back. Fast forward to 2015 - I sent in my resume, immediately got a phone call from the corporate recruiter. He asked me to email the person I met with at the final stage of the last interview -I did, didn't hear back. A few weeks later the corporate recruiter called me to set up a phone screen the next day with another hiring manager. Call went well, I was told that he would be in town the next week and to expect a call early in the week to schedule an in person interview. That Friday, I reached out to the corporate recruiter to follow up on the lack of follow through. He told me that the hiring manager was looking to fill the position by the end of January and would be in town the following week and if I didn't hear back to call him the following Friday. I called him the following Friday, and sent an e mail but have not heard back.
    The interview process is a lot of rush rush rush but zero follow through.

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP Concur in August 2018.

Interview

The process for me was a phone interview, group interview, and a scheduled mock business meeting with a "prospect". The overall interview process was rather negative. They use a contact service where it is confusing, and there is multiple hiring managers involved. The group interview is not terrible, but be expected to have questions that might impact if you would fit into the culture or not. I knew coming out of the group interview, I was not aligned with their culture in just how one of the hiring managers spoke to me. The next step after that was a conference call with the sales director and multiple sales managers. On the day prior they cancelled due to going forward with another candidate. It was confusing because it came from one manager, not HR, or a their sales leader. It left a bad taste in my mouth on how they treated me through the process. If you are looking to work here make sure you know who your manager is, and why there have open positions on their team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why SAP Concur?
      2. If you were at the last day of the month and the CFO was away with a family emergency, would you reach out to the CFO, and try to close the deal?
      3. What is your strategy in how you will approach your territory?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAP Concur in March 2010.

Interview

First contact is via phone with HR, then a telephonic interview and then you're invited to do a presentation and lay out your plans for your first 90 days at Concur. If all goes well you will get a job offer and you have to provide a lot of information about yourself including your salary slips of the last couple of years and you have to allow them to have an external organisation do a background check on you. It's a very lengthy and difficult process exemplifying what they are like to do business with: difficult and tough.

Interview Questions

• I cannot really remember any difficult question - just a normal sales interview - after all not a lot of bright lights work here although they may give that impression at first.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was promised some fringe benefits and they were even confirmed in writing via e-mail but up until today I still haven't seen any realized. Also make sure that your variable pay is confirmed as that has a tendency to change (downward) once on-board. All in all not very trustworthy nor appreciative.

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP Concur in January 2012.

Interview

I initially applied to the position online through the company website and received an email about 3 weeks later to setup a phone screen. I responded with my availability and the phone screen with the recruiter was setup for the next day and lasted 45 minutes.

I heard back the next day via email to set up another phone interview with the hiring manager for the following week. This phone interview lasted 45 minutes and focused mostly on the part of my experience that would be most compatible to the position I was applying for.

At the end of this call, the hiring manager said they would like to bring me in for an in person half day interview. I would be meeting with the hiring manager for 45 minutes, followed by a panel interview with 3 of my would be colleagues/team members the following week. The in person interviews were not easy but not overly difficult either. Everyone was very friendly and it was apparent to me all the way throughout the process that they really were looking for the right candidate for the position and a good culture fit for the company.

After this meeting was done, I received an email the next day from the recruiter stating that the feedback was positive and they would like me to do an online demo through webex for the hiring manager and the rest of the team that sells this product every day to see my presentation skills. I would have a week to study the product through a free trial account that I created. The presentation was 35 minutes and took place 8 days after it was scheduled and everyone on the call was very open, friendly and honest with their feedback.

I followed up with the recruiter 6 days later and that day I was scheduled on a call with the VP of Sales for a final interview in a few days. Three days later I received the offer.

Although this was a very grueling and thorough interview process, I enjoyed it very much. Everyone was very hospitable, upbeat and made me feel like I would be joining of a group of colleagues that I would look forward to working with every day and I am excited for the opportunity.

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Long drawn out process with 5 interviews - there is a 30,60,90 day presentation as you will be expected to give feedback on what you have understood of the company the processes and the challenges
    Be prepared to have a number of questions thrown at you from all angles as the VP is pretty incisive
    The company is very thorough also at checking qualifications - I was asked to provide copies of all my degree certificates
    Thorough background check

Interview Questions

• none I can remember. All the discussions were related to my experience and how I would tackle the challenges that might arise. A bit daunting because of the panel but otherwise ok.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible - it was take it or leave it

Regional Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by the Regional Sales Manager. Purely behavioral interview, with a large emphasis on selling personality and dealing with sales challenges. Presented a number of scenarios of clients being difficult, and how to overcome them. A relatively open interview, with the interviewer welcoming any questions in return.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your selling style?   1 Answer