KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

SAP Concur Senior Software Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 346 interviews

Interviews at SAP Concur

Positive100%
Employee Referral33%
Applied online33%
Staffing Agency33%
HardAverageEasy

SAP Concur

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAP Concur in May 2016

Interview

Applied for the position at Concur career site. After a week back, got a mail from HR about going ahead with the interview rounds. The HR asked some generic questions (like typical HR interview) via emai. Since I was not present in US that time, there were 4 rounds all happened via Skype. Round 1 : Hiring Manager, some career related questions and one java coding question After several days, got next rounds scheduled. Round 2 : Senior Deveoper from the team, full system design related questions and coding as well. Round 3 : One java coding question, not exactly a coding problem, but discussion around a given problem and how to solve that using Java. Round 4: Director, not exactly an interview, he was telling all about the company and its benefits. Got offer within a week.

Interview Questions
  • Signed an NDA, so cannot disclose specific questions. For this position, be very strong in Java concepts as well as Java coding. This position specifically required a Java developer. Knowing multithreading and collections is important. Also, know about OOP design patterns and system design, scalibility, basic data structures etc.
    1 Answer
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Bellevue, WA) in Oct 2014

Interview

Initial phone call from internal recruiter focused mainly on describing the company, job offering and your goals. Also very general HR questions based on your resume. After that 5 1:1 technical interviews onsite with VP, Director and members of technical team. The interview was average, focused mainly on your skills and past projects. They dig more into how you designed and architected your project. Questions were fairly simple ranging from writing "String Reversal Program", unit and functional testing, and class designing. At the end I was told that they will let me know in few days. Got an offer in 3-4 days, earlier than I was expecting.

Interview Questions
  • The interview was average, focused mainly on your skills and past projects. Questions were fairly average digging into what you have done in past, problems faced and how to handle those.
6 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about SAP Concur

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAP Concur (Bellevue, WA) in May 2014

Interview

I was made aware of the position by a recruiter from a staffing agency I worked with. First step in the interview process was a short (30 minute) discussion with a manager in the group I was being considered for. It was fairly technical in nature, there was some discussion about basic programming concepts and at the end I was asked a coding question. I simply had to walk the interviewer through the solution without writing any code. After my initial phone screen I was invited for an on-site interview in Bellevue. Three interviews were scheduled and they were all fairly typical coding/skill questions. Interviews were with a senior developer , the same manager I spoke with before and another manager in the group. All asked a variety of coding and SQL questions (of varying difficulty), but overall the interviews were very low stress and pleasant. After the three interviews I was told I would be let know of next steps. The last step, after passing the 1-1 interviews, was a Skype interview with the GM of the group. It was supposed to be similar in format to the 1-1 interviews I had, but due to Skype problems on my end we ended up talking on the phone. This was a fairly technical interview as well and once again I was told to walk the interviewer through a problem without writing any code. I was contacted by the internal Concur recruiter the very next day with their decision. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and because of my tight deadlines Concur moved very fast from the initial screen to their final offer. I ended up going with another place, but would strongly consider Concur again in the future.

Interview Questions
  • All pretty standard interview questions (basic data structure and constructs)
Be the first to find this interview helpful