SAP Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAP Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at SAP

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP in November 2007.

Interview

- Phone interview with recruiter
- phone interview with hiring manager
- ln person with hiring manager - about 1 hour
- three phone interviews with executives

All interviewers were with SAP about 5 years
Technical questions early, more business scenarios later

Lots of drilling down into specific experience

In retrospect I ddin't ask enough questions - all interviews went very quickly

They went dark for almost 3 weeks and I accepted another offer

Interview Questions

• Asked about cross industry experience   5 Answers

Better offer (same salary w/o relocation)

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA).

Interview

Standard three interviews. HR, hiring manager, department leads in a role next step up from yours.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral and aspirations questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy, but keep in mind this was during the tech boom and Y2K panic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Chicago, IL) in September 2009.

Interview

Initial contact by phone screen from the HR department. The initial contact covered experience from a very high level and careful notice taken of salary requirements. Comment was made that the position requires 100 percent travel and a release from current employer stating that SAP was not the pursuing agent.

Followup interview with two hiring managers (one being the future employee manager). One manager focussed on the typical HR interview: detailed questions about previous employment while reviewing my resume. The other manager focussed on social skills and areas of technical expertise.

Required was a recommendation of an existing SAP employee.

Interview Questions

• Who have you worked with on project X? Have you ever worked with Y?   2 Answers

Salary based on previous salary, not market value of the skill set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Was first contacted by a recruiter and was asked to speak about my background . He then sent me a link to a personality and skills test which consisted of 50 personalty questions that asks how you would react in certian situations and which types of activities you prefer. The skills test was similar to an abridge SAT in which there were math and verbal questions. The verbal questions had synonyms/antonyms and comparsions while the math had problems and patterns. I was called back in for a final interview in which 15 people interviewed for 5 spots. We were asked ahead of time to prepare a 10 minute presentation/powerpoint. The presentation was the first part of the interview followed by another 30 minutes with the hiring manager. It was a fairly straightforward interview in which they asked the generic questions however they had a printout of the personality test in front of them and went over any weaknesses they saw with it.

Interview Questions

• Your personality test shows that you are a very accomidating person, give me an example of a time when you had to tell someone you are unable to complete a task, or a time you had to tell someone no   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a simple process that lasted approximately one hour. It was at the local office of SAP in TX. The person who interviewed me was a manager in that local office and was responsible for the consulting organization. It was a typical interview. I was offered the job and worked for SAP for over 16 years. What set it apart from other interviews is that I still speak regularly to the person who interviewed me even though we are both gone from SAP.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

I believe I first had an over-the-phone interview, followed by an on-site interview near Dallas, TX. That single day interview was comprised of 2 separate interviews, each 30-45 minutes. The objective each time was to assess basic competencies and skills, but mainly to see if you would a great fit with the company. One interviewer turned out to be my first boss.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was explaining anything I knew about SAP or the industry, really. My knowledge of both was very lacking.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I recall two levels of salary offers: lower salary for new/recent grads, and a higher salary for those with some work experience. I was the former, couldn't really negotiate there.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

I participated in an initial screening call triggered by the submission of my resume by a friend who works at SAP.

The screener was a long term member of the consulting team and exceedingly cordial and pleasant. Their goal was to give me the best picture possible of what it would be like to consult for SAP. They did not focus on screening me out.

Their other goal was to identified areas in my background that would increase or decrease my probability of being hired by SAP.

One of their key factors was the amount of direct experience a candidate has working directly with SAP products.

Consultant Interview

Interview

I was a referral. So in my case, the interview process was quite straightforward. I was interviewed by a senior analyst followed by my boss followed by Human Resources. The last round is usually with a Senior Partner.

Interview Questions

• Focuses on your resume so prepare your project thoroughly. Have answers prepared for questions like "Why do you want to join SAP?". What are your some of the challenges you think you could face while working for a big organization like SAP?"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAP (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very good interview process with multistage rounds, it was one to one. and a included manager round too. All rounds were done in a day. it was good.

Interview Questions

• Mention some common problems that data analysts encounter during analysis   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2018.

Interview

Only 1 round face to face interview with a case. It was nice, not difficult at all. Because the recruiters are from Philippines, the process was a bit delayed. Overall experience is easy and friendly.