SAP Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAP Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at SAP

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

Following an HR Call, did a live coding interview for one hour through the Skype coding platform. After going over background, a simple coding question was asked, followed by one design question. Interview was fairly basic. After one week, HR called with offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a recommendation system for amazon customers, considering that a single customer may use many devices to logon to a single account?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Very Unprofessional, I solved all hackerrank problem perfect. They are having trouble with scheduling first phone call interview. I have never seen any company do not know how to schedule interview for one month. Keep saying "We are coordinating scheduling your phone interview"

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was smooth and consisted of one screening phone interview, one behavior and three technical interviews. They all took place via phone or skype.

The screening phone call was about 30. It was very important to me because I got learn more about the origin of the program, its features and the long term vision of the program.

The behavior was 45min. Based on projects listed on my resume, I was asked different behavior questions. I would suggest to review STAR methodoly and know how to use it along with your resume.

The first two technical interviews were also 45min. Questions about your resume and a simple coding exercise.

The last technical interview went deep into two of my projects. Then interviewer described two of her current projects and we both brainstormed how the techniques I used on my projects could be helpful to hers.

In overall, i had a great experience. Interviewers were very open, willing to discuss about their projects

Interview Questions

• - dimension reduction
      - recursion
      - dynamic programming
      - big O notation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted out of the blue by an HR person who I spoke with for 10 minutes. He only wanted to know whether I was a US Citizen, what my salary requirements, and whether I had a chance to read the job description.

My next contact was an email asking me to come in and talk to the hiring manager in person. I was given only his first name and last initial

So, I show up on interview day. The hiring manager shook my hand and introduced me to someone who he said would interview me. The interview was a typical algorithm oriented Data Scientist interview - no application knowledge at all - everything was just algorithm oriented. His accent was quite thick and I had trouble understanding much of what he was saying, although he seemed very unaware that his diction was wanting.

This interview ends. After sitting in the conference room alone for 15 minutes someone else shows up. Same thing - algorithms only. This person also had a thick accent which was very difficult to understand. Once again, they seemed unaware that they were pretty incomprehensible, so I'm sure they thought I was an idiot for looking blank whenever they asked me something...

After this interview ends, I am sitting alone in the room for 10 more minutes when the first interviewer shows up. He explains that the hiring manager (whom I have NEVER spoken to at this point, except to say hello,) was called into an emergency meeting and they would make a decision about the position and let me know later.

End of interview day.

The lack of professionalism here on the part of SAP is just staggering. The whole process was very strange - I'm left wondering if I was simply a "token US Citizen" they brought in to game the H1B Visa system or something. I doubt I'll get an offer, but if I do I will have to think twice about accepting...

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Very quick, technically thorough. The longest part of the process was the time between applying and when the actual interviews started. Once things got started though, it took less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a project you've completed before that other people said was not possible, explain how you approached the project in a constructive manner.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter.
    1. Some basic question about the background including graduation date, research experience, intern projects.
    2. The earliest starting date and salary expectation.
    After several weeks, still waiting for the next step. BTW, it seems more likely to interview local candidates.

Interview Questions

• 1.Some basic question about the background including graduation date, research experience, intern projects.
      2. The earliest starting date and salary expectation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview on the university campus. Followed up by a meeting on site, with 2 people. Interview on campus was general, about my resume and experience. First interview on site was technical, asking about one of my projects and how to apply it to current challenges. Second was about general machine learning techniques.

Interview Questions

• - cross-lingual word vectors
      - policy gradients
      - how to deal with the lack of training data   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAP (Berlin (Germany)) in December 2017.

Interview

Overall on poor side of recruiting process with few unprofessional things and bad interview experience.

Interviewer just barked at you to implement some generic computer science coding interview question without allowing you to work out algorithm or write down pseudocode. Seemed pretty unfriendly and not very passionate about what they're doing.

Interview Questions

• Generic coding question. Data case study without going much into data science/machine learning depth.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walldorf, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Walldorf, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)) in October 2015.

Interview

- Introduce yourself in like 1 -2 minutes
    - Go through past projects ==> potential for cases by cases questions
    - Technical questions randomly popped up during the interview
    - Explanation of the work and expectation from the team for the position apply

Interview Questions

• Techniques for handling missing data. Evaluation metrics for different uses cases (regression? RSME? also classification problem?) How to deal with unbalance dataset   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAP (New Delhi (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was conducted by two senior members on phone with variety of questions on machine learning. Then an offline challenge on a machine learning problem on NLP and followed by an interview with senior researcher. The position was heavy on deep learning .

Interview Questions

• Initial screening round with basics on machine learning like overfitting, design a system for the use case. current knowledge of various algorithms. Interview with researcher went on in deep theory of ML and DS/Algo question.   1 Answer