SAP Inside Marketing Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAP Inside Marketing Representative Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

The initial communication was through an employee referral. Once the hiring manager saw resume, I was contacted by phone. After a phone interview I was brought in to interview with 3 different hiring managers on the same day. It was a very open and comfortable environment, more of a conversation than a "what type of animal would you be" interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't play games. Most of the time, what the hiring manager offers you, is the maximum you are permitted to receive. It may be worth asking for more, but I've come to understand that they are fair with their initial offers.

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

Inside Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAP in November 2011.

Interview

The challenge is that there is always change at the company - this is a pool from which people move on to other jobs as quickly as they can by switching from contractor status to internal employee once you have demonstrated that you can handle the current role. Since there is a lot of change it is not always easy to see consistent hiring timelines. Some people are hired on the spot - others, like I did, take a while for them to find the position against which they will fill it. The main concern each manager has then, is how you will adapt to an outbound sales-oriented nurturing process where you are engaging the prospects and qualifying them, but not closing deals (as that is handled by another department.) If they feel you can't get up to speed with the products, the process, or the calling metrics, then you likely won't get the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Pitch the manager as simply as possible about what SAP does for its' customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's all standardized through their agreement with the contracting company you get hired through, so there really is only room to go down if you don't have much experience in selling software solutions. And if you don't have much experience, then you may not be considered by a variety of managers, so it ends up being pretty non-negotiable.

Inside Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SAP in January 2008.

Interview

I was contacted by a contracted recruiter for a phone interview, attended an in person interview in Scottsdale, AZ. Received offer letter approximately 6 weeks later. Accepted position and was flown to Palo Alto, CA to complete hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Explaining my background and expertise in sales, when most of my SAP experience was in lead generation and marketing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base salary range for my position was $55,000 to $65,000 per year plus commission and I was able to obtain $65,000.