SAP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017
1,212 Interview Reviews

Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Got a very quick response from the recruiter. Scheduled phone interview, had a great and enthusiastic and conversation with the hiring manager. Had several other phone interviews talking about my skills, experience, and past projects.

Associate Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown, PA).

Interview

Interview was a breeze. Mostly behavioral questions. When HR called and told me they'd like to offer me the job, they also offered a second job (more pay) they'd like me for.

I chose the latter. after weeks and months of back/forth with the HR and the hiring manager ("we're working on it"), they just stopped all communication. Terrible and extremely unprofessional.

I have never been offered 2 roles with the decision to choose. Not only that, but no clear path towards an offer letter. Waste of time.

, Marketing Interview

Interview

Was pretty laid back, interviewed with two of the higher ups in the division. Interview lasted about 30 minutes in total and was a pretty easy process. Went into their office in Newtown Square.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward and had 3 rounds. After a brief 40 minutes technical & past work phone interview, i was called for a face to face interview. Both the interviews were technical with a few behaviorial type questions like what you want to become in next years, why that didn't work out etc. After phone and face to face, it was time for coding test in which i was asked to design and build a Web based system. It had some specific requirements and constraints.

All in all they were interested in understanding how much of a 'system-design' mindset I have.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiting coordinator to set-up the first in person interview, without speaking or hearing from someone ahead of time. It felt abrupt, but during this first interview that I was told the process is a series of in-person meetings. In the interview I was called initially by the wrong name and it was clear the primary interviewer hadn't red my resume. All things that happen in the interview process, so forgiven.

In less than one week, I was asked to come in for a second interview. This one was rescheduled for four days later, which also happens, but my availability was no considered. The job excited me so I moved things around in order to attend. Then, 1.5 hours prior to the new time I received an email, again from the third party company, that my interview was canceled and someone from SAP recruiting would be in touch. Later that same time I received an automated email thanking me for my application and saying I was not a fit for the position.

It was confusing and disappointing, given SAP's reputation as a top employer.

Interview Questions

• "What kind people do you and don't you like to work with?" and "What was your favorite global team to work with (Asia, Europe, what country)?" Generally the questions were standard and related to my resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

First meeting was with a recruiter. Next meeting was with the future manager. The third interaction was the interview with the future manager and his direct manager (executive responsible for the line of different products). The fourth meeting was the interview and job offer.

Interview Questions

• Products I sell, how big were the clients/deals. Biggest win and why. Challenges and how I deal with them.   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

director interviewed me with big data use cases. He was very friendly and he created a friendly atmosphere and he was appreciating all the answers. He made me think about the use cases for the big data technology solutions. It was for an hour and the questions were pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• general basics on database and big data technologies were asked. The interviewer asked me to explain my project, basic understanding of cloud technologies and database technologies. He also asked me questions on my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAP (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

first something about my projects and then some basic idea about object-oriented programming questions. And what did I use in my project. Basically the interview goes as I thought, maybe there will be another round to interview.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between interface and abstract class   1 Answer

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (San Ramon, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

This company recruiting process is very disorganized. A third party is used to assist the recruiters with setting up interviews and the communication between the two is subpar. I was scheduled for an interview. I had 2 different people contact me several times by email and phone after one of their coworkers had already scheduled my interview previously. The level of disorganization caught me off guard and was definitely a red flag.

I was scheduled to meet face to face with the VP of Procurement, who is located out of state. I was instead met by a Procurement Specialist and notified that we would be doing a video conference with the manager due to traveling issues she encountered. A conference room had been reserved. However, upon arrival, it was occupied. We had to wait for employees to vacate, which took aproximately 10 minutes. Once situated in the conference room, technical issues with the laptop were encountered. I had to wait another 10 minutes to begin the interview.

Overall, the interview questions were basic. The energy was off, so I'm not surprised that I wasn't offered the position. Even if it was offered, I'm not so sure I would have accepted. I did not feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with change management and getting buy-in from various stakeholders?   1 Answer

IXp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process took almost ~4 weeks (partially due to my unavailability for interviews) Feb 2017.
    I applied through careers page; the HR contacted me about availability for phone screen interview.
    Phone screen interview was more of resume walkthrough and an introduction to the company and the position.
    I was contacted by HR two days later asking about availability for an on-site interview.
    The on-site interview was with three people, the Hiring Manager, and two Sr. Software Engineers.
    Interview consisted of questions on basic Data Structures, Algorithms, Design Patterns, System Design, Distributed Systems, SQL, Unix, Resume walk through followed by the campus tour.

The HR contacted me 3 days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm question on Strings.
      Binary Search - Recursive, Iterative.
      Command Design Pattern,
      SQL schema design and queries on it.
      Unix commands
      Concepts of distributed systems.
      Answer Question