SAP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAP Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2018
1,582 Interview Reviews

Director Interview

Interview

I applied and was referred for several roles at SAP. I never got an interview but I got an email asking me to fill out a 30 minute assessment that may be used if I am ever invited for an interview. A bit of a joke and time waster if the company wants you to spend time on this when no interview has been set up. Usually you fill these out if you're invited for an interview. And very personal too, with the Hi [Username] . I've always wanted to be referred to as Username.

Interview Questions

• We invite you to complete an assessment as part of your application process, to help us better understand your values, motivations and behavioral preferences related to the role.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

The entire process (from interview to accepting the offer) was about 2 weeks total. The interview process was very professional, asking me a range of questions relating to my computer science degree about object-oriented languages. While these questions weren't overly challenging, I would strongly recommend brushing up on some classic interview questions. After the final interview (3 total; 1 phone, 2 in-person) I was given an offer that exceeded my expectations! Overall, very pleased with entire process.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions about problem-solving with programming/logic.   Answer Question
    • Asked about how I would work with customers/any experience with dealing with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I’ve interviewed for Concur team. Having 10+ years in the industry at both startups and major corporations and having interviewed with many many companies, this is hands down my worst experience.

Talked to recruiter to discuss general expectations, start date, etc. Then had 5 interviews with different people. Some were just talk about programming, some easy-level “cracking coding interview” questions. Passed them all and later got email from recruiter that they want to make me offer.

Offer was a bit disappointing but I decided to accept and from this point sadness started. A lot of emailing back and forth about how they are finalizing offer, getting something approved, some additional people who want to interview me, other teams who are also interested in me, etc.. After 3 weeks and no actual offer on paper, I started ignoring their emails. I ended up securing an offer with a late stage startup in the same area and with a 30% larger offer.

Diploma Student/ Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (New York, NY).

Interview

The position is virtual, so I had 3 phone interviews with one manager. He was very personable, professional, and informative about the position, the responsibilities, and his own experiences. There was also a good deal of incidental information that made SAP sound like a good place to work and great learning environment, particularly his stories about his passion projects within his position.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions as well as questions about my experiences and how they'd relate.   Answer Question

SAP Star Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview and the questions were pretty standard interview question, got a really good vibe about the company through the phone. The benefits were really good, especially for me.

Interview Questions

• Why SAP
      Proficient Programming Language
      Project using that Programming Language   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

The process began with an initial phone screen/interview with the recruiter- very kind, welcoming and professional. Basic questions

A week later I had a phone interview with a Project Manager: typical interview questions, asked my knowledge of the PMI, different certifications, and other PM based questions (fairly basic questions if you've done your research) Other questions about the company, etc.

At the end of that interview I was asked to come to the final round in Philadelphia at their headquarters. The interview (Panel with 3-5 Project Managers of various levels) consisted of an initial 5-10min presentation (by the person being interviewed).

This was followed with roughly 30 minutes of questions. All the individuals interviewing me were very welcoming, kind and professional. They did a great job of making it more of just an open conversation rather than an intimidating interview.

After the interviewed I was taken on a tour of the headquarters by another Associate Project manager that was maybe 6 months into being hired. He was very knowledgeable and welcoming.

Advice: Know everything about the project management institutes, different certifications and requirements and other project management related topics. Don't be nervous, the interviewers were friendly and very professional.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time you experienced conflict in a team or with a supervisor and if so how did you confront or handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you know about the APM Program (Associate Project Manager) and the different certifications and requirements that will be met?   Answer Question
    • How did you perform these revenue forecasts as seen in the job description from your resume?   Answer Question
    • How did you perform market analysis to attract new clients in your previous job?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are key traits of a project manager?   Answer Question
    • What do you think some of the basic job duties and roles of a project manager are?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself, education, work experience. (basic intro to the interview questions type question)   Answer Question

Senior Role Interview

Interview

I have applied to SAP twice, spent around 30 minutes completing their online process, other than an automated 'your application is being processed' response, I never heard back. I tried to contact someone but it's impossible to get hold of a real person. I have spoken to several other people who tell me over the years they have had the same experience. I can't help thinking if my resume is still sitting somewhere in Success Factors waiting for a real person to look at it. Expected more from SAP.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Submitted an online application after talking to an intern and then had two phone interviews, both within a couple weeks of one another. I received a decision within two weeks of the second interview.
    Overall, it was a fluid process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Simple and easy. The manager was nice and question were behavioral question. The culture is very accepting, I was able to have a conversation and it didn't feel like an interview

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

First round was telephonic round. Then they called for face to face round.
    Three members interviewed me. All the questions very general and related to my past work experience and education.

Interview Questions

• Just General questions about my past work   1 Answer