SAP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2018
1,818 Interview Reviews

2.9

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP in November 2007.

Interview

- Phone interview with recruiter
    - phone interview with hiring manager
    - ln person with hiring manager - about 1 hour
    - three phone interviews with executives

All interviewers were with SAP about 5 years
    Technical questions early, more business scenarios later

Lots of drilling down into specific experience

In retrospect I ddin't ask enough questions - all interviews went very quickly

They went dark for almost 3 weeks and I accepted another offer

Interview Questions

Better offer (same salary w/o relocation)

Consulting Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2007.

Interview

As a large corporation SAP has 'companies within the company'. Your interview experience will depend upon which group you end up interviewing with (as each has it's own unique specifics).
    As a company SAP generally looks for people with a specific vertical experience (i.e. Financial Services, Automotive etc). They also always prefer poeple who have some type of SAP experience (either as part of the partner ecosystem or direct experience as a customer etc).
    Inteview process is relatively straightforward.
    1. Phone screening from HR
    2. Phone interview with hiring Manager
    3. In person interview
    4. Reference background check.
    5. Offer/negotiation.

SAP generally will make a salary offer that is competitive BUT know what a job is worth since like any company if they can get you cheap they will.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In my case there was not much need for negotiation, they made a very solid offer. They will move on salary so do not be afraid to ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAP (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Found me from linked in. Invited for a phone interview. Talked about some general information on the resume.

Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

I submitted my application online, 2 weeks later they reached out to me, scheduling a phone interview with HR representative for scanning purposes. A month later I was scheduled a 1 hour phone interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager was a pleasure to talk, Then site interview with 3 top US managers and a presentation. I was called the same day with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were told that you had to go to client (company), and speak about this product you had no idea about, how would you prepare? You have less than 24 hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. They pay well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAP (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

i submitted resume in the morning and got call from manager in 30 min

Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via an online application through my university. He set me up with three phone interviews the following week. After passing that round, the recruiter set me up to fly to Philadelphia for a face-to-face interview. Interview was 45 min. panel interview with my hiring manager, recruiter, and one other person whom I had not interviewed with before. The whole process was very informative and well-organized.

Interview Questions

• The project manager of a company your are consulting for works for the client. He insists on going through with a particular part of the implementation in violation of best practices and you know that if you were to proceed his information systems would be inoperable within 6 months. How would you handle this situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was great. I had a lot of fun networking and talking to everyone. The first interview was with a recruiter. The second was with the head of the consultant department for North America on the phone and it was technical. Then I was called in for a final interview which consisted of me presenting on a topic for 10 minutes and then a few more technical questions along with normal interview questions. Also had to do an online assessment. I have not heard back about the job but this is something I want to do and I would love to go through the interview process again.

Interview Questions

• What are some SAP BI products.   1 Answer

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had submitted my resume online. Got contacted by an HR rep within a week. The whole process took less than 2 weeks. First interview was mostly behavioral - 30 minutes with HR. I was contacted same day for another interview with the hiring manager. Some technical questions during the interview - 30 minutes. A day later I was contacted again to fly out to Newtown Square, PA for a final round interview with a panel. Every person I have been in contact with SAP has been very helpful. They answered all my questions during and after the process.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time when you lead a team for a project? Explain what you did during your internship. How did you handle peoples input and how did you say no to people when something was out of scope of the project?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, great pay, great benefits

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP in August 2014.

Interview

Very fast interview process: started off with a screening phone call with my recruiter, then a technical phone interview with a mid-level manager, and finally was flown in for an on-HQ interview in Newtown Sq. I had a great experience with all the employees involved. They were very straight forward and really seemed excited to be working at SAP and were excited to hire new employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-negotiable, great salary and benefits

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Preliminary screening with recruiter, passed on to whom would be my potential managers. Over the phone interview with managers. Pushed forward to in-person interview in Newtown Square PA. 45 min interview with managers and a ten minute presentation that you have to give them. Overall the interview at the Headquarters felt pretty fast.

Interview Questions

• Technical SQL questions,
      Database Questions,
      Questions about products that SAP has,
      tell me about your education in under a minute.   4 Answers