SAP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017
1,282 Interview Reviews

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Process: Two phone screens with the same recruiter, technical phone interview, onsite technical interview with two data scientists.

The first phone screen was quite nice as the recruiter was super polite and answered all of my questions. He also detailed the entire recruiting process for this rotational program. For the second phone screen, (with the same person) he became quite rude. It was clear that he did not want to continue the interview process and discounted my previous employers/work experiences (who are actually big clients of SAP, so I don't know where that behavior came from). It was clear that he wasn't looking for someone with the right skills, just with someone who had big tech names on their resume.

TL;DR If you're qualified enough to get this job, you can get a better one at a top company.

Silicon Valley Next Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Apply for the program, initial screening with a recruiter, another call with the program lead, then two technical interviews on campus or via Skype. Theres about 1-2 week lag between each of these separate rounds. Be Patient.

Associate Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown, PA).

Interview

Interview was a breeze. Mostly behavioral questions. When HR called and told me they'd like to offer me the job, they also offered a second job (more pay) they'd like me for.

I chose the latter. after weeks and months of back/forth with the HR and the hiring manager ("we're working on it"), they just stopped all communication. Terrible and extremely unprofessional.

I have never been offered 2 roles with the decision to choose. Not only that, but no clear path towards an offer letter. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Applied Intern- Cloud prederred Care Business Development in late Feb, received interview invitation couple days later, and got rejected after the interview within a week, total process was about 2-3 weeks. Then fews weeks later in early April, the university recruiter invited me to apply Intern- Executive Briefing Center, he called me the next day to schedule another interview. At the end of the interview, the interviewer told me they would get back to me after a week, but my status on my profile dd not get updated after a week, so I sent a follow up email to the university recruiter, but he was out of office for about 2 weeks. After the day he got back to the offce, I sent another follow up email, but no response as well. I wish they could at least tell me I was not elected, just like the first interview. The first interview was about 45 mins long, and they seemed very enjoyed to hear my story; the second one was less than 30 mins and less causal.

Writing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

After applying for the position and contacting the lead, I went in for a group interview with two employees and the current intern. The interview was casual. They walked me through the job requirements, showing me some of the projects that I would be responsible for, and asked me a couple questions about my experience and skills. It seemed that the purpose of the first interview was to determine whether or not I was interested in the position, confident that I could do the work, and whether or not I would be a good fit for the team. The entire process lasted just over an hour. I received positive feedback during and after the interview. Afterwards, I was given a tour of the campus. I received a call back a couple hours later to interview with the department head the following day. The second interview was more formal, involving the more traditional interview questions. This interview lasted about a half hour. At the end of the interview, I received a verbal offer with a tentative start date, but it did not include details about salary or benefits besides a general estimate. I received my official offer letter including an on-boarding packet four days later via email.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP (Columbus, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

1. Two separate technical interviews - Background of self and how I fit into the job description.
    2. A case study was to be presented after a week (given a prospective client name), The presentation of 5-6 slides.

Interview Questions

• What would be the recommendation to CEO on Why use SAP   Answer Question

Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Got a very quick response from the recruiter. Scheduled phone interview, had a great and enthusiastic and conversation with the hiring manager. Had several other phone interviews talking about my skills, experience, and past projects.

, Marketing Interview

Interview

Was pretty laid back, interviewed with two of the higher ups in the division. Interview lasted about 30 minutes in total and was a pretty easy process. Went into their office in Newtown Square.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward and had 3 rounds. After a brief 40 minutes technical & past work phone interview, i was called for a face to face interview. Both the interviews were technical with a few behaviorial type questions like what you want to become in next years, why that didn't work out etc. After phone and face to face, it was time for coding test in which i was asked to design and build a Web based system. It had some specific requirements and constraints.

All in all they were interested in understanding how much of a 'system-design' mindset I have.

Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

It took awhile (the process lasted about 3 months), but everyone I spoke to was extremely nice and understanding. First came a few behavioral questions, then a few technical rounds where you explained about past work. Then the final round was also a technical phone interview. No in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe how you'd resolve a conflict in the work environment between you and your manager?   Answer Question
    • What are the ACID properties of a Database?   Answer Question
    • Please describe the CAP theorem, and how you would apply it.   Answer Question