SAP Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAP Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at SAP

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAP (San Jose, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

First round was with the recruiter. Second one was with the technical recruiter who asked basic questions on the resume and then gave a coding test on hackerrank with time of 1hr

Interview Questions

• 3 coding questions where 1 was on graphs, 2nd one on html and javascript and 3rd one was on strings.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP in March 2018.

Interview

I was first contacted by recruiter and asked about my interest in the role. Then recruiter sent me a coding challenge. It was of medium difficulty. But they asked for frequent commits in github, which was a good sign. They can determine the time taken by me for the completion. I completed the assignment and submitted within 1 day with O(log n) time complexity. I did not get a reply for a week. I mailed them about the status, they were still reviewing the coding challenges. After another week, I got a reply that I was rejected. I contacted recruiter about the reason. Recruiter was not even aware that I was rejected, they replied me "We are still reviewing the responses from other candidates and will get back to you as soon as I hear something". I said I got a mail that I was rejected. Then recruiter said, sorry I was not aware that team took their decision, good luck applying to other positions. I was pretty sure that I would be hired as the task was very easy and I completed it in the most optimal way in very less time, when I asked the reason for rejection they said "We cannot provide feedback at this time."

Interview Questions

• Aggregate bookmarks from several browsers and organize them   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

HR reached out to me regarding the role. I was then interviewed by the manager. Basic tree and string questions were asked. They went over my projects in detail and then offered me the job.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

I was referred to the job. They emailed me a list of questions most of which were for general information gathering. They replied back to me two days later and told me the position was already filled.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you fit the role   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Applied online. Got phone interview in 3 weeks and after 1 week got 1:1 interview with the employer. Lot of technical questions were asked by the interviewer. I got the decision 3 weeks after my final interview

Interview Questions

• How would you test a calculator?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I interviewed at SAP in February 2018.

Interview

The interview is not too hard. The interview question is about the algorithm question. The interview also has behavior questions, why Sap? And the recruiter also ask me to introduce my academic project.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SAP in April 2019.

Interview

Started with a quick online assessment for SAP Concur (describe a personal project, some technical and coding questions), took less than an hour.

2 weeks later they emailed me for a Skype interview with one of the engineers. Lots of basic technical questions, went over my resume. The interview went well, he told me about the internship program at SAP. 2 days later HR told me I was moving to the final interview round.

I had the Skype interview that day with the Director of Development, which was more big-picture (devops, software design, personal questions). Did that interview, 2 weeks later HR called and told me that I got the position, and I didn't have long to accept the offer (2 days). I accepted because I had heard good things about SAP (from interviewers and reviews).

Heads up to applicants: HR said the 1st interview would be a Skype interview, so I put my phone on do not disturb, turns out the interviewer was calling my phone and I missed it. We rescheduled and it was fine, but this could have been avoided easily.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward and had 3 rounds. After a brief 40 minutes technical & past work phone interview, i was called for a face to face interview. Both the interviews were technical with a few behaviorial type questions like what you want to become in next years, why that didn't work out etc. After phone and face to face, it was time for coding test in which i was asked to design and build a Web based system. It had some specific requirements and constraints.

All in all they were interested in understanding how much of a 'system-design' mindset I have.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAP (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in February 2017.

Interview

Talk about the resume, mainly focused on my previous projects. There are several behavior questions, easy algorithm problems. Also talked about my English ability. Three interviews together in two hours.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

Two interviewers introduce themselves and ask me to introduce myself. Start asking questions based on one of my projects. They will ask questions on some details in the project, scale, code quality, etc. Then some questions on Java and network protocols. After that there is a white board coding session.

Interview Questions

• Sorted array, find one element with the least difference to the target   Answer Question