SAP Graduate Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Consultant - Graduate Consultant Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied on SAP website. With in 2 weeks a recruiter emailed me to schedule a phone interview.

First Interview - Phone with HR Recruiter
    Went through my resume. Asked about techinical skill sets. I expressed my interest on the Functional position, Miss.HR told me the functional candidates were "probably set". She was really nice and forwarded me to schedule a phone interview with a technical manager.

Second Interview - Phone with Manager
    Went through my technical experiences quickly, type of database and softwares that I'm familiar with etc. (Manager was really nice, told me "let me know if you're guessing, but don't pretend to know what you don't." In the end he suggested me to read a book called "Emotional Intelligence for Project Managers" but skip the first 3 chapters.)

Technical questions such as, if you have a column of millions or records but only 5 of them are duplicates, is it low cardinality or high cardinality (I guessed this one)
    Behavioral questions such as, if you caught your boss napping, what do you do? (how do you answer this?)

In the end he put me through to the final on-site interview on the following Friday(4/27). During that weekend I finished an online personality test.

Third Interview - On-site Panel (2:1)
    Started with a 10-min presentation with interactive Q/A. After that went through resume more, very specific on project experience, programming/database skill, understanding of what your current job does and if you had any experience using SAP products etc. One of the managers spent a good 10 minutes explaining the functional and technical spectrum and asked me which side do I have more preference on. Also recommended to add my foreign language skills to the resume.

------
    This interview went extremly well, I thought I had it in the bag. HR told me afterwards that results would be out the following Wednesday. Although it didn't come through until 2 weeks later. I did not have an offer, becasue, according to the email I received yesterday, the Graduate Consultant Program will be "delayed a few months" and further discussion on the job will be held until then.

Did anybody outhere receive the same outcome? I am curious.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught your boss napping at work?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP in April 2012.

Interview

I put in my application in January. I was contacted by a University Recruiter by email in March to set up a screen by telephone who went over my experience and seemed very excited. She said she would set me up with an interview with Project Manager. I was subsequently emailed by a different University Recruiter to set up the interview with the Project Manager. The Project Manager interviewed me by telephone and didn't seem very interested in me since I didn't have experience with the solutions used on their current team. It really seemed as if the interview was a formality. Since it is a training program and did not require any previous technical skill I thought if I showed enough enthusiasm and ability to learn technology quickly that would help. The one positive thing he said was that I was very enthusiastic about the position and the company where other candidates did not show this at all. I contacted the original University Recruiter who stated I wasn't selected because there was "something missing". I'm not sure if it had to do with my skill set or "something missing" that would allow me to be a fit to his team. Either way, I guess it was an honor they even considered me for this program.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you possess that you feel makes you a good candidate for the program?   Answer Question