SAP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017
1,505 Interview Reviews

Building Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAP (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview is with other applicants. Before being interviewed, I was being shown the duties and the area. The process is very simple. We were being asked about our previous jobs. Afterwards we are offered the position.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was supposed to be through webcam but turned into a phone interview due to technical issues. Overall, the person speaking to me knew how much time allotted will be which was about 30 minutes. It was a good conversation, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• General screening questions. What are your top 3 strengths etc.   Answer Question

IoT Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with a group. No real technical questions were asked, which I later come to realize is a huge red flag. I showed my independent web projects and talked about my background. The people seem dismissive. They seemed to have already decided to hire me as an intern without checking to see if I'd be a good fit.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was great. I had a lot of fun networking and talking to everyone. The first interview was with a recruiter. The second was with the head of the consultant department for North America on the phone and it was technical. Then I was called in for a final interview which consisted of me presenting on a topic for 10 minutes and then a few more technical questions along with normal interview questions. Also had to do an online assessment. I have not heard back about the job but this is something I want to do and I would love to go through the interview process again.

Interview Questions

• What are some SAP BI products.   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown Sq, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Sq, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Quick & Precise--but tried to understand me as a person as well. Best interview I had in all of my co-op interviews, and really got the sense that SAP cares about character of employees

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I am a self-starter (indirectly), using a few questions surrounding a) my ability to motivate myself and b) my resourcefulness if a problem/question arises during an average work day   1 Answer

Associate Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown, PA).

Interview

Interview was a breeze. Mostly behavioral questions. When HR called and told me they'd like to offer me the job, they also offered a second job (more pay) they'd like me for.

I chose the latter. after weeks and months of back/forth with the HR and the hiring manager ("we're working on it"), they just stopped all communication. Terrible and extremely unprofessional.

I have never been offered 2 roles with the decision to choose. Not only that, but no clear path towards an offer letter. Waste of time.

Silicon Valley Next Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Apply for the program, initial screening with a recruiter, another call with the program lead, then two technical interviews on campus or via Skype. Theres about 1-2 week lag between each of these separate rounds. Be Patient.

Interview Questions

• Why does enterprise software appeal to you?   1 Answer

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Process: Two phone screens with the same recruiter, technical phone interview, onsite technical interview with two data scientists.

The first phone screen was quite nice as the recruiter was super polite and answered all of my questions. He also detailed the entire recruiting process for this rotational program. For the second phone screen, (with the same person) he became quite rude. It was clear that he did not want to continue the interview process and discounted my previous employers/work experiences (who are actually big clients of SAP, so I don't know where that behavior came from). It was clear that he wasn't looking for someone with the right skills, just with someone who had big tech names on their resume.

TL;DR If you're qualified enough to get this job, you can get a better one at a top company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Applied Intern- Cloud prederred Care Business Development in late Feb, received interview invitation couple days later, and got rejected after the interview within a week, total process was about 2-3 weeks. Then fews weeks later in early April, the university recruiter invited me to apply Intern- Executive Briefing Center, he called me the next day to schedule another interview. At the end of the interview, the interviewer told me they would get back to me after a week, but my status on my profile dd not get updated after a week, so I sent a follow up email to the university recruiter, but he was out of office for about 2 weeks. After the day he got back to the offce, I sent another follow up email, but no response as well. I wish they could at least tell me I was not elected, just like the first interview. The first interview was about 45 mins long, and they seemed very enjoyed to hear my story; the second one was less than 30 mins and less causal.

Writing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

After applying for the position and contacting the lead, I went in for a group interview with two employees and the current intern. The interview was casual. They walked me through the job requirements, showing me some of the projects that I would be responsible for, and asked me a couple questions about my experience and skills. It seemed that the purpose of the first interview was to determine whether or not I was interested in the position, confident that I could do the work, and whether or not I would be a good fit for the team. The entire process lasted just over an hour. I received positive feedback during and after the interview. Afterwards, I was given a tour of the campus. I received a call back a couple hours later to interview with the department head the following day. The second interview was more formal, involving the more traditional interview questions. This interview lasted about a half hour. At the end of the interview, I received a verbal offer with a tentative start date, but it did not include details about salary or benefits besides a general estimate. I received my official offer letter including an on-boarding packet four days later via email.