SAP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017
1,212 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

It was kind of unstructured - I didn't know the time and place of the interview before the night before, so I almost didn't show up. However, I am glad I did, because it went well and SAP is a great company to work for once your are past the whole recruiting/onboarding phase.

Interview Questions

• Did not relate very well with the actual job   1 Answer

DBS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through an Employee Referral . Someone then later emailed me to schedule a phone interview that would last an hour.

The interview was pretty straightforward, questions were average.After the interview , they told me they would let me know of their decision by the end of January.

They havent responded yet so I assume I have not been accepted.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter.
    1. Some basic question about the background including graduation date, research experience, intern projects.
    2. The earliest starting date and salary expectation.
    After several weeks, still waiting for the next step. BTW, it seems more likely to interview local candidates.

Interview Questions

• 1.Some basic question about the background including graduation date, research experience, intern projects.
      2. The earliest starting date and salary expectation.

Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the SAP website for the Functional Consultant Role. I was contacted by the recruiter 2 days later to set up a call with her. The call was scheduled for a few weeks later (she was traveling). I spoke with her on the phone. She did an initial screening. Asked me about my past experience, why I wanted to work for SAP.

She then scheduled a phone interview with the Director whom I spoke with a week later. The director was very nice and a pleasure to speak with. I spoke with her about my previous work experience, my desire to work for SAP.

I was then invited to the last round of interview in early December. Before the interview I was asked to take a personality test and a math test.

This was the first time i experienced an interview where all candidates were invited on the same day for an interview for the same positions as well as other positions. I had the opportunity to meet my future colleagues as well as the early talent at SAP currently. They also had a demo session where we were able to learn more about the company and what their plans are for the future for SAP.

It was very well structured. I was interviewed by a total of 3 people. The Director who interviewed me over the phone and 2 others. I also had to do a presentation (on topic of my choice or my favorite class during undergrad) I chose a topic I was comfortable with and could relate my previous work experience with.

I heard back about my offer a few days later. No negotiation for this position salary wise.

Interview Questions

• Why SAP?
      Please explain your past experience?
      A lot of behavior questions on how to deal with clients
      Follow up questions based on my previous experience related to my presentation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Very quick, technically thorough. The longest part of the process was the time between applying and when the actual interviews started. Once things got started though, it took less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a project you've completed before that other people said was not possible, explain how you approached the project in a constructive manner.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

There are 5 rounds 1-1 interviews. 4 algorithm white board question, one project you did related questions and behavior questions. The interviewers are very unprofessional. I wrote the algorithm on the white board, but the ridiculous is that one interviewer didn't understand your solution at all even with explanation. Another one did not exactly understand the answer, and insisted that the answer is not right. I am so disappointed at the interview experience at SAP Palo Alto. Even they gave me offer, I would reject it. The reason I don't want to work with this kind of team members that are not nice, not capable and not professional.

Interview Questions

• Permutation, palindrome, nothing difficult or special.   1 Answer

Junior HANA EIM to HANA Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a team lead describing the role to see if it is mutually beneficial. After a few days, had 4 back-to-back technical interviews over phone. Was informed after many days that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, questions that test your logical reasoning.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Berlin, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

After an initial step interview via phone, which was mainly technical and related to my research backgrounds, the company invited me to have a in place interview in the main office of company. All the costs of travel have been refunded later by the company. I would say the in place interview was rather formal, and the decision have been made before.

Interview Questions

• Why do you leave academic job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview on the university campus. Followed up by a meeting on site, with 2 people. Interview on campus was general, about my resume and experience. First interview on site was technical, asking about one of my projects and how to apply it to current challenges. Second was about general machine learning techniques.

Interview Questions

• - cross-lingual word vectors
      - policy gradients
      - how to deal with the lack of training data

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Unprofessional recruiting process. One of their executive recruiters reached out to me on LinkedIn about a VP job. We agree on a time for an intro call to discuss the position. The recruiter does not show up and later emails me asking to reschedule the call and requests my availability for the following week. I follow up with two options for a call and never hear back.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you interested in speaking to us about this VP position   Answer Question