SAP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAP Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017
1,249 Interview Reviews

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

director interviewed me with big data use cases. He was very friendly and he created a friendly atmosphere and he was appreciating all the answers. He made me think about the use cases for the big data technology solutions. It was for an hour and the questions were pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• general basics on database and big data technologies were asked. The interviewer asked me to explain my project, basic understanding of cloud technologies and database technologies. He also asked me questions on my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAP (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

first something about my projects and then some basic idea about object-oriented programming questions. And what did I use in my project. Basically the interview goes as I thought, maybe there will be another round to interview.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between interface and abstract class   1 Answer

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (San Ramon, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

This company recruiting process is very disorganized. A third party is used to assist the recruiters with setting up interviews and the communication between the two is subpar. I was scheduled for an interview. I had 2 different people contact me several times by email and phone after one of their coworkers had already scheduled my interview previously. The level of disorganization caught me off guard and was definitely a red flag.

I was scheduled to meet face to face with the VP of Procurement, who is located out of state. I was instead met by a Procurement Specialist and notified that we would be doing a video conference with the manager due to traveling issues she encountered. A conference room had been reserved. However, upon arrival, it was occupied. We had to wait for employees to vacate, which took aproximately 10 minutes. Once situated in the conference room, technical issues with the laptop were encountered. I had to wait another 10 minutes to begin the interview.

Overall, the interview questions were basic. The energy was off, so I'm not surprised that I wasn't offered the position. Even if it was offered, I'm not so sure I would have accepted. I did not feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with change management and getting buy-in from various stakeholders?   1 Answer

MEan Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer during the phone interview was very sweet and kind. During the in-person interview, I had the opportunity to see their amazing workspace! The same interviewer who called me was kind very and hospitable. I was a series of technical questions ranging from sorting problems to conceptual questions (web dev, OS, etc)

Interview Questions

• Create a function that will print the sequence within a string with only unique characters. (Read through each character, and if there is a repeat then print out the sequence without the repeat)   1 Answer

Senior Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAP (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Very long hiring process. Needs around 10 interview meetings to get the job, HR post the job openings, seeking candidate through headhunter, searching their internal staffs for job matching or promoting no matter is inside or outside the country/region, start the meetings with hiring manager, procurement, operating staffs, peer groups, sales head, presales,..Ridiculous hiring process. Interview managers are without experience to ask candidate questions, just wasting both (company and candidate) time.

Interview Questions

• Why you are here? Tell me about SAP products and vision?   Answer Question

IXp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process took almost ~4 weeks (partially due to my unavailability for interviews) Feb 2017.
    I applied through careers page; the HR contacted me about availability for phone screen interview.
    Phone screen interview was more of resume walkthrough and an introduction to the company and the position.
    I was contacted by HR two days later asking about availability for an on-site interview.
    The on-site interview was with three people, the Hiring Manager, and two Sr. Software Engineers.
    Interview consisted of questions on basic Data Structures, Algorithms, Design Patterns, System Design, Distributed Systems, SQL, Unix, Resume walk through followed by the campus tour.

The HR contacted me 3 days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm question on Strings.
      Binary Search - Recursive, Iterative.
      Command Design Pattern,
      SQL schema design and queries on it.
      Unix commands
      Concepts of distributed systems.

Senior Retention Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

First I did an interview with a recruiter. She checked my skills and salary intentions. After 1or 2 weeks I was invited for other 3 phone interviews, including the hiring manager. They made questions about my backgroung experience, working style, language skills and personal stuffs. Each interviewer had a different approach, but all of them make me feel very comfortable during the process.
    After 2 weeks I was asked for an 1:1 interview at SAP office in Miami, with another member of the team. He made questions in three different languages and later he said he was just checking my language skills and personal behavior.
    After a long wait (3 weeks) they send me an email asking with I was still available for a final interview with the Global VP of Retention. The interview lasted 30 min and he was very objective during the full time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last experience.
      Tell me about your family.
      How do you handle a tough situation?
      How do you deal with stress?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

It was kind of unstructured - I didn't know the time and place of the interview before the night before, so I almost didn't show up. However, I am glad I did, because it went well and SAP is a great company to work for once your are past the whole recruiting/onboarding phase.

Interview Questions

• Did not relate very well with the actual job   1 Answer

DBS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through an Employee Referral . Someone then later emailed me to schedule a phone interview that would last an hour.

The interview was pretty straightforward, questions were average.After the interview , they told me they would let me know of their decision by the end of January.

They havent responded yet so I assume I have not been accepted.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter.
    1. Some basic question about the background including graduation date, research experience, intern projects.
    2. The earliest starting date and salary expectation.
    After several weeks, still waiting for the next step. BTW, it seems more likely to interview local candidates.

Interview Questions

• 1.Some basic question about the background including graduation date, research experience, intern projects.
      2. The earliest starting date and salary expectation.