SAP SAP Sales Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAP SAP Sales Academy Interview Questions

Interviews at SAP

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA).

Interview

This was the most exciting interview process I have ever been a part of. The other glassdoor reviews hit the nail on the head, so I will try to build on those.
After applying, I did not hear back until several months, so don't be discouraged if you don't hear anything right away. You can expect one or two phone interviews from your recruiter prior to Bootcamp day in Newtown Square.
The phone interviews were pretty standard for any sales position. They gauge your ability to think on the spot and ask how your experience is relevant. Politeness and professionalism are the most important qualities here.
Bootcamp day:
They will fly you out, pay for hotels and cars etc. There is a quick meet and greet around 8:30am, where you can have a coffee with the candidates you are going up against, before an introductory presentation. The rest of the day you will spend with your group, and group judges. The whole day is spent solving a standard business case study using SAP products, and they provided SAP sales collateral for candidates to reference. You will have a few 1:1 interviews with the group judges throughout the day.
I strongly recommend studying use cases for SAP products and their customer success stories, to improve your repertoire of buzzwords for each product. Be well versed with cloud IT industry, previous work experience in the industry appears to be a must (based on my colleagues that were successful in applying).

The quality of candidates at Bootcamp were outstanding, and the whole event was run exceptionally.
*Important notes*
- When applying, be sure to have an employee referral. This is not exclusive to SAP, but it will significantly increase the chances of your resume being looked at at any enterprise.
- There will be several internal SAP employees as candidates, who will have the upperhand.
- Try to stand out with your words. Idea generation and the way you lead your group is the most important factor. Wear a modest outfit/suit. No funky ties, and be as professional as you can throughout the whole day.

Interview Questions

• (Phone interview): How will you adapt to an organization of 90,000 people, coming from the SMB space?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Pre-Screen phone call - 15min
    Additional Pre-Screen phone call - 15min
    Flight to Newtown Square, PA
    8pm-4pm interview process. Group and individually scored.

Be prepared to face extremely talented individuals who will be willing to walk over you in order to be hired. Not my kind of style.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based: create a presentation with a group of 3 other people you don't know, brainstorm and present SAP offerings to potential clients.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview included standard personality questions (ex. name a time you've handled a difficult situation). Either before or after the phone interview I was asked to complete an online personality assessment. A week after the phone interview, I was invited to join 1000+ candidates at HQ for an all-day Bootcamp interview. A couple of weeks after the Bootcamp I was called and given a verbal job offer, followed by formal job offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard sales interview questions for the phone interview. Bootcamp interview was a sales pitch case study- presented in groups   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newtown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview was very casual and done by someone who had just graduated the program I was interviewing for. Very friendly and behavioral interview. No surprises. Afterwards I was asked to take an online assessment which I at first did not pass but asked for another chance and passed. Don't be conservative, just go with your gut.

Was then invited to Bootcamp day 8:30-4:30pm at Newtown, PA office. Introduction, Groups of 5, Case study with group with 3 monitors in the room, individually pulled out once for you to ask questions, curve balls, pulled out second time for them to ask you questions, presentation pitch, group and individual feedback, closing.

The entire day you're working with smart, collaborative, and just overall positive people. Really just be yourself and participate in facilitating with the group. Everyone in my group was well spoken, charismatic, and held themselves very well professionally. I don't know what specifically the monitors were looking for but a few stand out points I observed that could be made individually include: 1) Idea generation 2) Setting logical problem solving guideline/process 3) Collaborative Communication. As in, everyone knew how to SWOT, sound passionate, use pretty business fluff words and compliments, but not everyone was able to logically communicate their ideas or coordinate the group to think together. The people asking the questions and setting the framework for group functioning I think have the best chance of standing out. In other words, don't think about competing with your peers by trying to say the smartest sounding business fluff, just focus on being logical, clear, and direct in delivering the best results with your team.

Overall great experience and loved the people and monitors I worked with.

SAP Sales Academy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAP in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university and was asked to come in for an on-campus interview. It was one-on-one and my interviewer was very friendly and warm - the interview was more of a conversation and she told me that she would recommend me for the next round. She asked me to go online and complete a personality test, which I initially did not pass (I think I was being too honest) but my interviewer told me to try again and I passed the second time.

For the final round of interviews, I flew to Newton Square for the Sales Academy Bootcamp Day. There were ~80 candidates there in total. We were split into groups of six and worked together to complete a business case study. I'd never taken a business class in my life, and I'd never done anything sales-related, but I thought the case study was logical and easy enough. I think what they're looking for is not actually for you to solve the case study, per se. Your answer doesn't matter as much as how you arrived there and how you present it. They're essentially looking for personality traits - are you a leader? Do you listen to your group? Do you show intellectual curiosity? How do you problem solve? Can you persuasively present your solution?

I really enjoyed working with my group, and had great conversations with my interviewers as well. Everyone was genuinely nice and easy to talk to. I received an offer about two weeks later, and I still stay in touch with a few of my interviewers. Out of the groups of six, usually only one person receives an offer. My group worked really well together and performed very well, and so two of us received offers.

Interview Questions

• (After Bootcamp Day): How do you think you did? How would you evaluate this interview process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Square, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Square, PA) in December 2009.

Interview

I had worked at SAP previously for an internship and learned of this entry level position. I contacted the recruiter and was told to apply online. After applying I was e-mailed a few times about starting the interview process and then was called by the recruiter for a first interview. The first interview we went over my experiences then he asked pretty basic questions. Why did I choose my major. Name a time when you did this. He was very nice and the conversation went smoothly. He asked where else i was interviewing and how much salary I was looking to get. I balked on this question but I was able to learn that they do startat 50,000 for this position so if you do answer, I would say something around 55-60 thousand. This interview went well so i was told to take a personality test. It was 180 questions which asked awkward questions like, if you were waiting at a railroad for a train for too long would you get angry? or if you didnt like your food at the restaurant would you tell your waiter? After this a few weeks passed and then I was called and told they would be considering others for the position. I asked if I had done poorly on the personality test and he said that I had actually done really well, so till this day I am still not sure why I didnt get another interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major, it is not related to this position?   1 Answer
    • How would a family member or close friend describe you, what would they say your biggest flaw is?   Answer Question

SAP Sales Academy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

The process has three main steps: a first phone english interview with a HR person from the global program, a HR local team phone call and a final bootcamp with all the selected candidates.

Interview Questions

• The bootcamp is based on a role play that has to be sold in teams with other candidates with a final oral presentation.   1 Answer

SAP Sales Academy Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

The initial step requires some behavioural questions to assess personality type, strengths and weaknesses. The second step involves a phone screening interview with common questions. Once through to the next step a bootcamp invitation is sent. Bootcamp is an all day event that involves a lot of interviews, case study & presentation. Where you'll be assessed on everything including how you interact with other candidates and how you reach the case study outcome with each other.

SAP Academy for Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in December 2018.

Interview

1- Video about why they should hire you. You upload it on youtube and send a link.
    2- Interview with the COO. I got a call two days before the interview and did it on the 25th of December. Yes on Christmas day, because the COO is always busy and can't get many dates.

Interview Questions

• FIT interview with the COO. No case questions, however, I got asked how I would use SAP products to fix the electrical problem in my country so be ready for anything.   Answer Question

SAP Sales Academy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAP in June 2017.

Interview

The interview consist on a full day business case with the other academy applicant. General knowledge of SAP solutions & mindset are a plus. Be relevant to the imaginary customer, be relevant to the group and be a leader. Think, Prepare & Act. Even if you're not selected it's a great experience. Last think, SAP Academy is really working hard to increase parity man /woman so ladies go for it !