SAP Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.8

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

There are 5 rounds 1-1 interviews. 4 algorithm white board question, one project you did related questions and behavior questions. The interviewers are very unprofessional. I wrote the algorithm on the white board, but the ridiculous is that one interviewer didn't understand your solution at all even with explanation. Another one did not exactly understand the answer, and insisted that the answer is not right. I am so disappointed at the interview experience at SAP Palo Alto. Even they gave me offer, I would reject it. The reason I don't want to work with this kind of team members that are not nice, not capable and not professional.

Interview Questions

• Permutation, palindrome, nothing difficult or special.   1 Answer

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I received an e-mail with a few questions and was told to answer them and if my answers fit best with them, I would proceed on with the interview. I answered and was scheduled a phone screen interview where I also was told to do some edits to a Power Point slide. I completed it, turned it in a few days later and got an in person interview. Interview was an hour. I received an e-mail a week later with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe myself and what I'm currently doing. i.e my studies, previous experience   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had applied in may and got a mail from the recruiter in Oct.They needed a full-time intern. The recruiter was nice and she arranged phone-screen initial interview in a week. The interview went well and the manager informed me that there will be another technical round and the recruiter will inform me about the dates. But later I did not hear anything back from them, after dropping few follow-up mail I was informed that they will pursue another candidate.I was a bit surprised since the manager had said there will another round and I was very excited about the job but non-the-less the process was good and the manager was very friendly, so I appreciated the opportunity to know about SAP and its product.

Few ques were

Interview Questions

• where do you expect from this job?   1 Answer
    • how much will you rate yourself on the scale of 10   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two phone screens and an on-campus interview. The in-person interview consisted of meeting with various members of the team for a total of 1.5 hours. Casual interview: definitely no need for a suit here! Roughly one month between initial phone screen and offer stage.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Was a nightmarish experience, to say the least! For a job role that's rooted in creative freedom and expression, the team felt extremely rigid and dry. It was 2 hours of pure grilling, with presumptive questions and a tone of judgment predominant throughout. The hiring manager seemed like a complete task master and micro-manager. I spoke with a user researcher who was new on the team and her line of questioning was plain obnoxious. I turned them down right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with responsive design before?   1 Answer

Data Scientist/Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

2 rounds interviews: one about java, oop, sql and technical background, another about data science in real-world user cases. Very practical questions and no need to crack leet code. Down to earth and of course very nice people!

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The experience was pleasant. The people were very personable and I was given a nice tour of the facility. I was not made to feel intimidated in any way, and after the interview I was escorted to the cafeteria where I was offered a complimentary beverage, which I enjoyed with some more informal chat with my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked my back story, following which I was asked to present one of the projects I had worked on in case study form. This was followed by specific questions relating to my case study. The questions were designed to gauge my design thinking and design process.   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was called by Team Architect and asked some questions about my experience and was called in on site. Was asked about challenges i faced in current internship. Asked 1 question on bootstrap and 1 on css to write code. Was asked one mathematical question and 2 algorithm questions. Didnt get response until 2 weeks and got an automated email for the rejection. I emailed interviewer where I went wrong but got no response from them.

Interview Questions

• Using bootstrap draw 2 divs that on small screen become next to each other   1 Answer

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for interview. First round was phone call interview which was pretty decent and easy going. Second round was on-site which was technical and included white-board coding too. For third round, I got phone call and it was technical again. All these rounds lasted for about an hour. Last round was phone interview for me and it was just an HR round.

Social Media and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews for me. One with a coworker, another with more co-workers, and the last with the manager. It was super open and stress free.They were very friendly. The questions were not very intense but were detailed enough to get to know more about me and my experiences.

Interview Questions

• What kind of social media experience have I had before. What were things that worked and didn't.   1 Answer