SAP Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IoT Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with a group. No real technical questions were asked, which I later come to realize is a huge red flag. I showed my independent web projects and talked about my background. The people seem dismissive. They seemed to have already decided to hire me as an intern without checking to see if I'd be a good fit.

Silicon Valley Next Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Apply for the program, initial screening with a recruiter, another call with the program lead, then two technical interviews on campus or via Skype. Theres about 1-2 week lag between each of these separate rounds. Be Patient.

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Process: Two phone screens with the same recruiter, technical phone interview, onsite technical interview with two data scientists.

The first phone screen was quite nice as the recruiter was super polite and answered all of my questions. He also detailed the entire recruiting process for this rotational program. For the second phone screen, (with the same person) he became quite rude. It was clear that he did not want to continue the interview process and discounted my previous employers/work experiences (who are actually big clients of SAP, so I don't know where that behavior came from). It was clear that he wasn't looking for someone with the right skills, just with someone who had big tech names on their resume.

TL;DR If you're qualified enough to get this job, you can get a better one at a top company.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was smooth and consisted of one screening phone interview, one behavior and three technical interviews. They all took place via phone or skype.

The screening phone call was about 30. It was very important to me because I got learn more about the origin of the program, its features and the long term vision of the program.

The behavior was 45min. Based on projects listed on my resume, I was asked different behavior questions. I would suggest to review STAR methodoly and know how to use it along with your resume.

The first two technical interviews were also 45min. Questions about your resume and a simple coding exercise.

The last technical interview went deep into two of my projects. Then interviewer described two of her current projects and we both brainstormed how the techniques I used on my projects could be helpful to hers.

In overall, i had a great experience. Interviewers were very open, willing to discuss about their projects

Interview Questions

• - dimension reduction
      - recursion
      - dynamic programming
      - big O notation   Answer Question

MEan Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer during the phone interview was very sweet and kind. During the in-person interview, I had the opportunity to see their amazing workspace! The same interviewer who called me was kind very and hospitable. I was a series of technical questions ranging from sorting problems to conceptual questions (web dev, OS, etc)

Interview Questions

• Create a function that will print the sequence within a string with only unique characters. (Read through each character, and if there is a repeat then print out the sequence without the repeat)   1 Answer

IXp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process took almost ~4 weeks (partially due to my unavailability for interviews) Feb 2017.
    I applied through careers page; the HR contacted me about availability for phone screen interview.
    Phone screen interview was more of resume walkthrough and an introduction to the company and the position.
    I was contacted by HR two days later asking about availability for an on-site interview.
    The on-site interview was with three people, the Hiring Manager, and two Sr. Software Engineers.
    Interview consisted of questions on basic Data Structures, Algorithms, Design Patterns, System Design, Distributed Systems, SQL, Unix, Resume walk through followed by the campus tour.

The HR contacted me 3 days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm question on Strings.
      Binary Search - Recursive, Iterative.
      Command Design Pattern,
      SQL schema design and queries on it.
      Unix commands
      Concepts of distributed systems.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

There are 5 rounds 1-1 interviews. 4 algorithm white board question, one project you did related questions and behavior questions. The interviewers are very unprofessional. I wrote the algorithm on the white board, but the ridiculous is that one interviewer didn't understand your solution at all even with explanation. Another one did not exactly understand the answer, and insisted that the answer is not right. I am so disappointed at the interview experience at SAP Palo Alto. Even they gave me offer, I would reject it. The reason I don't want to work with this kind of team members that are not nice, not capable and not professional.

Interview Questions

• Permutation, palindrome, nothing difficult or special.   1 Answer

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I received an e-mail with a few questions and was told to answer them and if my answers fit best with them, I would proceed on with the interview. I answered and was scheduled a phone screen interview where I also was told to do some edits to a Power Point slide. I completed it, turned it in a few days later and got an in person interview. Interview was an hour. I received an e-mail a week later with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe myself and what I'm currently doing. i.e my studies, previous experience   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two phone screens and an on-campus interview. The in-person interview consisted of meeting with various members of the team for a total of 1.5 hours. Casual interview: definitely no need for a suit here! Roughly one month between initial phone screen and offer stage.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had applied in may and got a mail from the recruiter in Oct.They needed a full-time intern. The recruiter was nice and she arranged phone-screen initial interview in a week. The interview went well and the manager informed me that there will be another technical round and the recruiter will inform me about the dates. But later I did not hear anything back from them, after dropping few follow-up mail I was informed that they will pursue another candidate.I was a bit surprised since the manager had said there will another round and I was very excited about the job but non-the-less the process was good and the manager was very friendly, so I appreciated the opportunity to know about SAP and its product.

Few ques were

Interview Questions

• where do you expect from this job?   1 Answer
    • how much will you rate yourself on the scale of 10   Answer Question