SAP Senior Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

SAP Senior Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at SAP

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Sent my resume to my friend who works in this organization. He referred me to some team in the company. Go a call the next day. They asked me to come over for face to face interview the next day. Went there and had interview for 2 hours by 4 people and later for 1 hour by upper management.

Interview Questions

• Puzzles. Some Design Patterns.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Had a telephonic conversation with the recruiter regarding the SAP interview process. Recruiter told me about the 6 rounds to which he sent an invite email which described about the process as well. There were total of 6 rounds - 2 Tech, 2 Managerial & 2 HR.
    There were no written tests as such.
    As this hiring is for .Net Requirement, 1st round consisted of questions on Basic .Net Framework & architecture, ASP.Net Internals, Few questions on ASP.Net communication & Threading concepts in ASP.Net & IIS environment, Coding questions on How to count the number of hits on a website, how to handle the Different cache in ASP.Net, how to render different content to different set of client users requesting the website from different OS machines.
    2nd round - another technical round, focus was more on Design Patterns, Puzzles, String algorithms, Data structures etc.
    3rd Round - This was the Hiring manager where the manager looked for perfect fit of the candidate in the team. This was one of the lengthiest one of all rounds, it went for around 1.5 hrs. This was more of Behavioral, Managerial, where the Manager looked for flexibility one posses for fit to be part of SAP. There were Scenario based questions like what if there are no .Net projects at SAP, will you stay with SAP or look out, Why do you want to join SAP, will you join SAP if given x amount of salary, if we offer less than another company will you still join SAP. What are 5 things that compels you to join SAP, list them out & substantiate those with valid reasons. Few puzzles in this round as well.
    4th Round - This round was taken by the Head/VP of the department, it was more into high level like why do you need Platform, why customers will buy the Platform & not only the application. What are different kind of services a platform provides to end users, what is Single Sign-On. He asked me if I can work on technologies other than c#/.Net.
    5th Round - In this round I was asked to provide details of my Work experience, what I did while stayed for so and so years in each and every company, what was the reason for leaving the company. HR gave me a scenario and expected me handle the situation where SAP is on firing spree and SAP wants me to tell my sub-ordinates that they are fired without creating a panic situation.
    6th Round - After exhaustive rounds this was the final round among all of them, HR asked questions on my aspirations, my goals, my motivation, why I want to join SAP, and finally the salary where he said we will try to offer you the best.

Interview Questions

• Given a sentence, find whether its a palindrome or not without using extra space.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they gave me the best offer which I couldn't refuse.

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Hiring was conducted professionally. Started with an invite for an interview (during a weekend) via mail. First round was technical, with conceptual and software design-related queries, rather than queries in any specific programming language (as the languages I was familiar with were not going to be the one I would be working with, if selected). Queries on database design concepts, for example, normalization of tables etc. There were two interviewers in this round. They broke for a short coffee break during the interview, while allowing me time to solve a problem. Next round, after few days, was the HR round. This happened via phone and later, also face-to-face. IQ questions and mathematical puzzles were put forth in this round. Also platform, about-the-company questions were asked to guage awareness about the domain and work carried out by the company. Office surroundings seemed quite good.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if some time during your career (after you are selected), you were not selected for an opportunity you had applied for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Compensation was based on past work experience and salary scale in the new organization. So there was not much to negotiate there. There was negotiation with respect to notice period in my previous organization, as with the joining date required, I could not serve my complete notice period in my earlier organization. There was no compensation paid by the new organization, however, so I ended up bearing the cost of my early severance from my relieving organization.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Approached by a head hunter, had an HR interview, then met with project manager to go through the position description, passed a written skills test, then finally met with senior management.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAP (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

I had applied on the company's website through referral. Initially i had a telephonic round and then 2 more face to face technical interview .The company is very systematic.They mailed about the interview details and the interviewer details so one can prepare according to the background of the interviewer. Also it was my 1st interview and was overall good.

Interview Questions

• questions on oops like the basic components and attributes of oops.
      2.write a code to update salary .
      3 how will know how many objects of the class has been created?
      4.what is abstraction and encapsulation.
      5 what are event controls.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Very good and on time. Two people who hasnt read read your resume very well.but in general. Just an ok interview. I thought it would be two way interview, but they came in with bunch of question which jump right into it. With out any warm up conversation.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and received a call from Recruiter after a week. Interview was for about an hour and went very well and but received an email after a week about rejection

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions like what are key strengths, When you resolved a problem, When you did not resolved a problem etc.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

After 8 years of work experience with SAP Partner Companies when I applied for the Job in the SAP Labs Job Portal my College was not listed among the specific list of colleges.

Interview Questions

• The Mandatory Option of Selecting College never before existed.   2 Answers

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

The recruiter lost my application. After multiple calling her, I got the chance for the onsite interview. 3 levels passed for the interview and the last one was the onsite one.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAP (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

The Hiring Process was straight forward. HR contacted me and fixed a date for scheduled interview. Interview started on time and the result was also communicated by the HR over there only since I did not clear the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you handle synchronization across different JVM's
      2. Implement LRU Cache
      3. What data structure would you use for storing words of a dictionary   2 Answers