SAP Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAP Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at SAP

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

The interview process was the most harrowing process ever. I was not local to where the position was based off of, and the position apparently didn't provide relocation. I was still moved along the interview process. After doing one phone interview, I was moved to a final round which was a 3 hour long skype interview. After getting through that round I was asked to attend another skype interview for God know what reason.
I was finally made an offer over the phone. We even went through negotiating numbers on the phone and had come to an agreement. Right when I was expecting an offer letter, I was told that they couldn't move forward with the application. I was told that this was because of visa issues, which wasn't the case since I had confirmed this with my lawyers. They probably found someone else to fill the position, and then just gave me an excuse. I am extremely disappointed with their entire interview process and what they put me through.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Just a chat in starbucks, the manager is so incompetent that she couldnt ask anything technical, interview was a joke. I shouldve realized why the interview was so stupid easy.

Interview Questions

• walk through what youve done before, have you worked on big data projects   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

I submitted my resume through their application site. A recruiter got back to me within a week and set up a time that she would call me. The scheduled time came and went. No call. Finally the call came in 30 minutes late. I double-checked the scheduling email and yes I was correct and she was not. This was irritating because I had a technical phone screen scheduled to begin only 30 minutes later and I was afraid this typically pointless call was now going to run into it.

She starts with the usual description of the position. Then I get the tell me about yourself question. Ok got through that. However then begins a barrage of behavioral questions - during the initial phone call with a recruiter! Tell me about a time you blah blah blah, tell me when you led blah blah blah, tell me you biggest weakness, etc. Are you kidding me? Most tech screens don't even get to this level of questioning.

I kept looking at the clock worried her barrage of interrogation was going to run into the tech screen I had set up. Finally I got her to let me go. A few days later I got a rejection email. Thanks a lot!

They call you at the wrong time and hit you with a barrage of behavioral questions. Avoid this company, their recruiting is disorganized and aggressive.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions in the initial phone chat? Please stop. I'm a professional engineer not a commodity.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Long wait. Coding problems. Long wait. Video interview. Long wait. On site interview w/4 people. Long wait. Declared not a cultural fit, which was a relief. I would have turned down the offer had I actually been selected.

Interview Questions

• Amazingly few questions. Most of my interviewers spent their time ranting about the confused management. All the questions were trivial and I think the overall technical sophistication at SAP must be very low. One of my interviewers had just discovered Docker so that is where he spent most of his attention.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAP in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process started with an initial HR phone screen and to set up on another phone screen with the manager.
    After satisfactorily answering questions about my experience and work done in the past I was set up for 4 rounds of group interviews (video) with various members of different teams of various seniority levels.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms, basic sorting, and leetcode type questions like mirroring a tree   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I’ve interviewed for Concur team. Having 10+ years in the industry at both startups and major corporations and having interviewed with many many companies, this is hands down my worst experience.

Talked to recruiter to discuss general expectations, start date, etc. Then had 5 interviews with different people. Some were just talk about programming, some easy-level “cracking coding interview” questions. Passed them all and later got email from recruiter that they want to make me offer.

Offer was a bit disappointing but I decided to accept and from this point sadness started. A lot of emailing back and forth about how they are finalizing offer, getting something approved, some additional people who want to interview me, other teams who are also interested in me, etc.. After 3 weeks and no actual offer on paper, I started ignoring their emails. I ended up securing an offer with a late stage startup in the same area and with a 30% larger offer.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

I've been referred by another colleague. Phone screening, then on-site several 1-on-1 sessions. Asked basics of CS, practical coding problems with follow-ups related to scaling, system design (I guess it's because my role is of senior level).

Interview Questions

• find the BST depth, implement cache with eviction based on object's priority, merge multiple sorted lists into one sorted list with follow-ups to scale initial algorithm, design tiny-url service, design pasterbin service   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

A phone call with a recruiter, then a technical phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview was with the coding exercise over the internet, it was not easy to do in a short time.

Interview Questions

• Write the code to return name of the string set from the given string set name / range.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAP (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

After phone screen got an assignment. After I submitted my homework I was invited for onsite interview. It took 4 hours. Then I was asked for another onsite interview. I didn't feel it was necessary

Interview Questions

• - to find the longest running positive sequence in an array. Example:

for the array [1,2,-3,2,3,4,-6,1,2,3,4,5,-8,5,6], the function should return 5, with start index = 8.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAP (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

4 rounds were there. First was online test which had basic questions that tested programming skills. Second round was a face to face round with data structure questions. 3rd round was architecture questions and 4th was HR. Questions tested object oriented concepts and also tested the software architecture portion. Data structure questions touched upon dynamic programming.GeeksforGeeks is the best site to prepare for interview. Data structure questions touched upon dynamic programming

Interview Questions

• Data structure questions related to dynamic programming were asked   1 Answer