SAP Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAP Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at SAP

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP in August 2014.

Interview

I applied to the interview on the SAP Website. Most of the job opening they had were for experienced candidates. This profile needed back-end as well as front-end knowledge. Hiring process was as usual, what we have to most of the companies. I got an initial phone screening call in a week after I applied. Once that was cleared, I got a call for technical interview within one more week. In short, it was Initial Phone Screening followed by technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How will you build an API for Memory Cache? Choose whichever language you are comfortable with.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

I was stated here as an intern, and I was interviewed by 2 engineers, the interview was smooth, some questions are difficult, some are simple, I am lucky enough to pass the interview and got the offer, and then I was converted to the employee after graduation.

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Shanghai, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview takes from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm. 3 Rounds (1:1) + 1 written test. All questions in interviews are coding related. Question is quite easy, except the question in last round of interview. It need you to implement an algorithm in a PC, and make the code runnable. (in VC++ 2010)

Interview Questions

• Implementation pow(m, n), m and n are big number (i.e.. pow(999999999999999, 99999999999999)). Should be worked out on a PC, coding in VC++.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by written test and then in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Sq, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAP (Newtown Sq, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Excellent interview, but not match to my skills.

Interview Questions

• What are youre expectations for career development in SAP   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

3 rounds of technical interview and one HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt try to

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

One on-site interview

Interview Questions

• How to integrate the database from different data source? e.g. combine xml, txt, plat file, sql, excel, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

cannot negotiate with HR

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAP (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted online application then received recruiter contact after a few days. After three weeks a one hour phone interview for technical and background questions with 3 managers. After three weeks another one hour phone interview with two managers. Then after 2-3 weeks, a half hour video interview with the last two managers.

Nothing huge technical, but thoroughly on resume and background. No behavioral question. Get very detailed on resume about projects and previous experiences.

Overall easy interview, and the managers were really nice. However for distant applicants, they don't offer on-site interview. Instead a brief video chat. I seriously doubt the process because of this arrangement. And also it took over two months which was too slow. And lack of communication when I was waiting.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between "==" and "===" in JavaScript? What JS frameworks have you used before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

30 min Interview with recruiter then another phone interview with manager after a week. Finally after 2 weeks in person interview. Through the whole interview process I could feel the bias against me since I don't look like the "typical software engineer". Also I noticed the company has a major issue when it comes to diversity.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview after a few weeks. First had a discussion about my background, the projects I worked on, and some behavior questions. The technical part focused a lot on details, need to know the language very well. The interviewer was nice. Didn't get the chance for next round, but it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

SAP Response

Apr 9, 2016 – Employer Brand Marketing

Please keep trying. And we hope you sign up for our talent community to get alerts when a job is available that interests you. https://jobs.sap.com/talentcommunity/subscribe/