SAS Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAS Institute Interview Questions

Interviews at SAS Institute

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAS Institute in February 2020.

Interview

The first interview occurs through HireVue. They ask very generalized behavioral questions about you before moving you through the second round of interviews. There was 5 questions total, 4 were online recordings with two attempts to record, and one was a free-response question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you didn't meet a deadline and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Advisory Academy - Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in January 2020.

Interview

First round was a video interview with simple behavioral questions. Second round was on-site. I had to prepare a presentation and there was a 10-minute whiteboard session, in addition to some more traditional interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Draw a possible infrastructure/architecture for a scenario   Answer Question

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

Interview was done entirely online. Downloaded some software to answer some questions, no actual human interaction. In fact, I just watched a bunch of videos and answered them. Obviously did not pass the first round of interviews lol. A bit frustrating, as I waited quite a bit of time for them to send the link.

Interview Questions

• What is something you've done that's not listed on your resumé?   Answer Question

Manager Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute in December 2019.

Interview

I was emailed 3 scenario questions and asked what I would do and why. The phone interview was about a week later. Two people conducted the interview. It was a typical good cop - bad cop. One of the interviewers was a manager (potential co-worker) and the other a developer (potential team member). The manager barely allowed the developer time to ask questions. In her asking, she put my qualifications down as an intro to some of her questions. I tried to be detailed in my answers to offset her negativity toward me, but was cut off and told to keep it short. They asked too many questions for the hour given and I sincerely feel that it is not the best way to screen individuals. Sometimes the answers have reasons, the individual person is more than just a "yes" or a "no" and they were not interested. The manager is over-bearing.

Interview Questions

• One of the email questions was: You are asked to deliver two high profile projects that will exhaust your team's capacity, what do you do?
      The phone questions were set up with negativity, such as "I know you're not a manager, and have no experience with it, but...." and "I don't see you having a masters degree, or getting one soon, but...".   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute in October 2019.

Interview

One behavioral interview where you answer prerecorded questions, followed by one virtual interview with the hiring manager and the team of three others I would be working with. This is for a summer intern

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Basically, they gave a behavioral interview through the use of HireVue, asking 4 video based questions, and 1 written question, giving me 2 minutes for each video question and an infinite amount of time for the written portion.

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in October 2019.

Interview

The first part of the interview was just to get past their screening process with your resume and then they asked you to do a Hirevue. After a week or so, they then invited me to the final interview step.

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Raleigh, NC) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online, and had my friend there fill out the referral form. About a week after applying, I received a virtual interview, mostly geared toward HR and screening. Next, I got to talk to a team, and was able to talk more about what the role entails. I received the offer in a week

Summer(Tech) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SAS Institute in October 2019.

Interview

I completed a Hirevue after two weeks of replying and it was just basic questions about my work style, past projects, and why I wanted to work for SAS? Then about three weeks later I was asked to complete a final video interview with a few members of the technology sector. It was a conference room with four people and it was going over more of my technical skills. I was told that they would get back to me within two weeks of my interview and after weeks of emailing them, my recruiter never replied back.

Interview Questions

• Why SAS? Tell me about a difficult technological skill you learned?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

I applied online and received an email on when I would be available. I scheduled the interview and it was via google chat. I was offered the job within a few hours, the process was quick.

Interview Questions

• In one paragraph why should we hire you for this position.   Answer Question