SAS Institute Tester Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAS Institute Tester Interview Questions

3.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tester Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

Long day on site interview with tough questions after long phone interview. Ask things on my resume that interviewer has interest. From 9 to 5, group individual and presentation. It was a hell of tough day.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions and behavioral questions. Too tough to answer. Should Be prepared before interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

First, I got an phone interview. It is about half an hour. The HR asked me several background questions. One week later, I got the onsite interview. It lasted for three hours, three people asked me questions. Three weeks later, I received the offer.

Software Tester Interview

Interview

The interview took around 30 mins. It was mostly the interviewer explaining the work environment and job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Is this something you would like to do? (I did not like some of the responsibilities)   Answer Question

Senior Associate Software Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

The interviewer basically spoke for about half an hour about SAS and his team. He gave detailed description of the kind of work and work culture SAS has. After that, he went over my resume and asked me explain my work i have done so far. It was extremely casual. Seemed like a general acquaintance than anything else. Its been 2 weeks and i havent heard from them yet.

Analytical Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

I was an intern for several summers while I attended school with a degree in Mathematics and statistics. Once I graduated my manager offered me a full time positision. Therefore, I did not go through a formal interview process.

Interview Questions

• Again, I did not go through an interview process. However, I have heard from others that they tend to ask technical questions to make sure you can handle creating algorithms for statistical procedures.   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

After a 30-minute phone interview, they invited me on-site interview, which lasted a day onsite, met one person for 30 minutes and had lunch with bunch of future co-workers.

Interview Questions

• mostly technical questions in statistics. almost no behavioral questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Middleton, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

1st round interview: Conference call, with 3 interviewee. Questions about Education, work experience, Java, jUnit test.
    2st round interview: On-site interview, with the Senior Manager, and 2 other Test Lead. More questions about jUnit, and SOftware Design.

Development Tester I Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute in June 2010.

Interview

it is time-consuming to prepare presentation, the topics given are very techincal and difficult if you do not have the relevant working experience or domain knowledge in those fields.

Interview Questions

• How to fit in yourself as a tester role in the very complex retail sale pricing scheduling model?   Answer Question