SAS Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.9

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Received call from two managers. Easy to talk to, but they did not ask any specific questions nor lead the interview in any direction. They were nice but it was hard to tell what they wanted to know specifically.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews and for the last one I wasn't ever notified about it, they called spur of the moment but thought their HR coordinator has coordinated it with me previously.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was very long (more than six months). I wasn't in a rush to leave my last company though. If an internal candidate applies and meets the listed qualifications, the hiring manager has to interview the candidate, so the manager literally interviewed four or five dozen people for the role. I met with everyone on the manager's team as well as people from pre-sales and product management. I was referred by someone on the manager's team, and thus didn't really go through pre-screens with HR or anything like that. Also, I'm a bit of a unique candidate in the sense that I have a lot of deep specific industry knowledge already, with several publications and positions speaking on panel discussions, and my credentials weren't really questioned.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to do a role play where I acted as if I was reaching out to a client to pitch our software.   1 Answer
    • They asked me how I planned to address the fact that I didn't have prior sales experience.   1 Answer

Senior Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. The interview questions are not difficult. I am not sure what skills they are looking for. The whole process took 4 weeks. No on-site interview though.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge in your most recent project?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

I was asked mainly about previous experience and coursework as listed on my resume. Most of the programming questions asked were related to work I had previously done. I was asked details about the languages/technologies I used in the work listed on my resume as well as the percentage of my work done in each technology. Some basic questions not related to the work on my resume were asked as well, related to topics such as exception handling.

R3 Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAS Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews; one with a university recruiting coordinator, one with an employee who was previously an R3 intern, and one with a technical manager. The interviews were all less than 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you saw something was done inefficiently and changed it?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAS Institute in November 2016.

Interview

Fairly basic interview. I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 25 minutes and I mostly talked about my previous experience and basic stuff like strengths and weaknesses.

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone screen with HR rep, lightly technical in nature. Follow up call with hiring manager, approximately 30 minutes, primarily discussion about role specifics and resume. Follow up technical interview by telephone, one hour in length. Finally, on-site technical interview consisting of a one hour whiteboard session with the hiring manager, a half-hour technical discussion with a manager one level up from the hiring manager, an approximately 20 minute presentation on a topic of my choosing, and closed with a 30-ish minute discussion with HR rep about benefits at SAS.

Radio silence for about a week and a half. I reached out for an update, and was informed via email that I was no longer being considered for the role.

Interview Questions

• How would you architect a system to do X, as an intermediary between systems Y and Z? Very open-ended.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about Cassandra.   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with three people. Very straight forward. Took about 25 minutes. Talked about my skill level,dissertation and resume. Then they asked me for two references later that day and called my references the next day. I got the offer couple of hours after they talked with my references. Everything went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Mostly talked about my dissertation and one thing from my resume that they care about.   1 Answer
    • What do you want to do after graduation?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone screening interview from HR about 2-3 weeks later, then another phone interview with a hiring manager about a week later. Final interview was on site and included an hour worth of behavior and background questions. Very positive experience. Most questions are pretty general, but some can range to more technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a customer where you didn't at first know how to assist them   Answer Question