SAS Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAS Institute Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Raleigh, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Received an email almost 2 weeks to the day I applied to set up a phone interview. Had 2 phone interviews over 2-3 weeks and then was asked to fly in for a face to face panel interview 2 weeks after the 2nd interview. I was asked to prepare a presentation for the panel interview. Ultimately we couldn't agree on salary, so I declined but it seemed like a great place to work. The HR staff was pleasant to work with and responded promptly to emails. The people I interviewed with seemed like they would have been great to work with.

Interview Questions

• how would you address X,Y and Z issues   1 Answer

Software Developer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calif City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Calif City, CA).

Interview

The interview process is pretty extensive and it cover a myriad of aspects. I met with a hiring group from managers and employees. They consist of several interviews and tests. Approximately 5 interviews in all.

Interview Questions

• Background and experiences.   1 Answer

Pre-Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was short. Everything was done before you know it. They start with a phone screening, then another phone interview and if everything goes well, you get to visit the campus. In the campus you will have to interview in front of a panel. It might seem overwhelming at times but everyone is super nice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you best suit this role?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAS Institute in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took 6 months to hear anything back.

Received an email from a woman in HR at SAS requesting to set up a 1 hour phone interview with two software engineers from a team at SAS.

Scheduled the interview, received a call the day of the interview and spoke to the manager of the team I would be working on and one of the lead software engineers on that team. Both asked me questions from things on my resume as well as some light technical and language specific questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the runtime of searching through a linked list?
      What is the runtime if that list is now doubly linked?
      What is polymorphism?
      Give an example of polymorphism in C++.
      1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC).

Interview

The initial phone screen with the manager went very well. After being selected to proceed to the face to face interview, I was given a rather ambiguous assignment to create an email to a client, a slide deck / presentation on the project describing security issues, and a meeting agenda for the client. I'm very glad I had read some of the other reviews on Glassdoor; however, I was still not prepared for what actually occurred.

Honestly, it was the WORST interview experience I ever had in my career. I met with 2 managers, M1 and M2 - who called in. The meeting began with barely any introductions and they proceeded to tear apart the "homework" in a very insulting and berating manner. M2 was very hostile and M1 was nice. It felt like a game of "good manager / bad manager". I understand the 'stress interview' format, however, it was only 30 minutes into the "interview" where they asked if I had any questions that I was informed that this was a preliminary run to review the materials prior to meeting with the team, who would be role playing the customer. Only then did the process make sense. Had I been informed that my materials would be all client facing, I would have drafted them very differently. M2 was angry he didn't understand a basic security issue - which surprised me since that was the assignment I was given.

M2 dropped off at one point and we thought that the call had been dropped; however, he just...vanished. Nothing was said at any point that he had a hard stop or that he had to leave. It surprised M1, who attempted to cover the rudeness. I continued to speak with M1, who was quite pleasant.

I left the interview feeling as if I was bleeding from every orifice and my gut was telling me to run, run, run. If this was typical example of behavior of the company, then no way did I want to work for SAS, although they do have great PR about working there. I sent the Thank You's and such to all parties and that's the last I have heard from SAS.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Cary, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Intro interview with internal recruiter followed up with 2 phone calls with hiring managers. Two weeks later flown to Cary for onsite presentation consisting of how SAS could be used in my vertical plus multiple other topics. Requested references which they called never heard back the references were fine. Apparently this is how SAS does business wish I would have done my homework upfront about SAS before wasting my time took 2 vacation days for visit and prep.

Interview Questions

• General questions nothing specific to SAS product line   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Interview

45 minute phone screen , followed by 3 hour technical interview . Interview was split to 3 parts , spoke to various directors and managers and 2 teams. Was required to write pseudo code on white board.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

When SAS acquired my previous company, MarketMAX, I was not interviewed. My personnel file was reviewed, a background check done and I was assigned a SAS employee number. No job interview process was completed and I continued in my role as with the acquired company.

Interview Questions

• SAS only had me complete a SAS version application for record keeping purposes as I had never completed an application for the acquired company. I was hired based on my interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

I've interviewed for several positions and held several contract positions over the past few years at SAS and received consistently excellent reviews. That being said, I'm tired of being jerked around by this place. You'll interview and they will tell you that they are going to get back to you and will never hear from them again, even if you made it far into the process. The last straw for me was being promised an interview for a position in the department that I was contracting for and never actually being interviewed. I had consistent email contact with the manager who kept putting me off and then out of the blue, she says she hired someone else. If I wasn't being considered, I should have been told from the very start. Not only was this a waste of time, it was straight up mean.

I ended up getting a job elsewhere and I know I am better off. I would not want to work with people who treat others like this.

Operations Research Specialist Interview

Interview

Had an initial interview with the team manager, followed by a one hour phone call with the team. Both experience are typical "a walk through your resume" interviews. May be asked very detailed questions on your previous work/research experience.