SAS Institute Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAS Institute in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took 6 months to hear anything back.

Received an email from a woman in HR at SAS requesting to set up a 1 hour phone interview with two software engineers from a team at SAS.

Scheduled the interview, received a call the day of the interview and spoke to the manager of the team I would be working on and one of the lead software engineers on that team. Both asked me questions from things on my resume as well as some light technical and language specific questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the runtime of searching through a linked list?
    What is the runtime if that list is now doubly linked?
    What is polymorphism?
    Give an example of polymorphism in C++.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SAS Institute

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute.

Interview

One phone call from HR, in person, general interview with hiring manager, if initial interview OK, technical test, aprox. 3-5h coding. A4 sheet of task to code (C++/C# or Java)

Interview Questions

• N/A most questions (99%) are from highly technical guys (principal developers) so expect only tech questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Agency negotiated based on my requirements

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Pune (India)).

Interview

1 Round - Telephonic with Manager
    2 Round - Telephonic with Technical Lead , This round is very technical and quality Development questions are asked based on your resume and experience it is a tough one to crack .
    3 Round - Face to Face with techincal team of 2 , This round is again techincal and involved solving coding problem based on data structures and core Java
    4 Round - Face 2 Face manager round which is techo functional on your previous company and current profile with basic Java questions
    5 Round - Hr Head and Department Head face to face , Not the typical He discussion. This round is to explain the role you are applying for and is very informative of your future role with the company

Final Round - Hr round for salary discussion

Interview Questions

• Internal working of hashcode , data structures, equals and hashcode method in great detail   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest weakness , Why are you leaving your current job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Pune (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

One telephonic round ( major of rejection happen here). Check job description twice before applying. If you happen to someone at RnD centre contact him and ask for current interview trend.

The second round in face to face with the manager and some senior developers. They don't like people with job hopping mentality.

If you are good at technology then be prepared for HR round on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Every team has its own pattern of interview questions. Most of the time they people look for OOP basic and concept of core java. None of the team works extensively on JEE. However, every team uses Spring framework (core, web, remoting) to its depth.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

A phone screen ask some general questions like why leave the current job and java questions
    Two round on site interviews
    If you have conflicts with your manager on the project how will you handle it
    Reverse a single link list and then followed a trick question how about the double link list,a silly question actually
    Find the longest common sequence between two given strings

Interview Questions

The salary is not very good

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Pune (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

It was average as other companies do

beacuse of location

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in August 2010.

Interview

I got the interview through employee referral. SAS contacts me the first minute they received my resume. The interview process consists of three phases, all with 1:1 form. First round interview is held with team manager, mainly about techniques, along with a test on algorithm, coding skills and problem-solving abilities. Second round interview is with HR hiring manager. He will ask questions about the reason you left your former employer, why you want to join SAS, what your career plans, etc, basically open questions. The final round is talking with general manager.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose a traditional software company instead of an internet company such as google.com or baidu.com?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAS Institute (Pune (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

1. Interview with hiring manager
    2. Technical interview (telephonic)
    3. Technical interview (1 :1)
    4. HR Interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Compensation was better other employers...