SAS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAS Interview Questions

Interviews at SAS

2.3

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAS.

Interview

I applied online. Within a few weeks, I was contacted to take a preliminary interview on Hirevue. It was a pre-recorded interview that asked me to record my answer to various generic questions. I passed this and moved on to the second round, which was a webcam interview with a real person. This time there were a few technical questions, none too hard.

Interview Questions

• What are dictionaries in python?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS (Boston, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

They Literally explain the company and title of the position and ask if you would like to join the team/ offer a position. Then they try to get you to do the paperwork all in one sitting. Didn’t even care to look at my resume... like they are just desperate to hire anyone for their company

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to make the commute each day to all locations?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAS (Durham, NC) in September 2018.

Interview

Was invited to do a virtual interview through HireVue after submitting application online. Interview had 6 questions and all had 2 tries for your video response. They were all behavioral questions, and some about a specific project you have done.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SAS in January 2018.

Interview

One phone call, no on-site. Was called by a manager that would like me on his team and was asked about my prior experience. Was a very short process and not at all stressful.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAS (Cary, NC).

Interview

Very long interview and decision process. Typically do round robin interviews where they collect resumes to keep on file for later. If any open positions they cull those down to select few. If you make it to final rounds there would be interviewing with members of the team and then a role play to see how well you do and how well you would fit in with the existing team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time or situation where a customer had a certain objection or problem, what was it and how were you able to overcome this?   Answer Question

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barberton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAS (Barberton, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I was able to see what the position consisted of during my interview. I interviewed with a team supervisor and she answered all of my questions. I was offered the position a few days later and I started working about a week and a half-two weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• If I've ever worked as a retail merchandiser.   1 Answer

Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAS.

Interview

It was an over the phone screening. The interview was nice and she seemed one level above this position. I was told it was between me and 4 others. It was very simple interview and lasted 30 minutes.

Cloud Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SAS (Cary, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then phone interview with hiring manager, and then one on one with hiring manager plus some individual contributors. I do not think I got an offer because my salary requirements were too high.

Interview Questions

• What level are your linux skills? How would you handle a denial of service attack. Describe horizontal vs. vertical scaling.   Answer Question

Risk Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAS in January 2017.

Interview

I applied 2016 summer Risk Software Developer intern. There was three rounds of process, which is document, HR, technical interview with current software development employee. First, I got mail from them after 2 weeks and got a phone call for interview schedule after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous project which is Finite Difference Method and Monte Carlo simulation. They asked algorithm of Monte Carlo Simulation using SAS proc procedure. And also asked me to explain type of risk in financial industry.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAS (Cary, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

They were interviewing several individuals on the same day. We split up into two groups and one group went to interview and the other group went on a campus tour. The interviewing group got split up and each person interview with two people. The interview was pretty relaxed. Questions regarding customer care and what would you do in this circumstance. Also, they gave me a short task to complete.