SBM Offshore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Houston, TX).

Interview

Four hour interview. Sat down with four different managers. This was set up after a brief phone interview for introduction purposes, then to set up time for interview in person. All interviewing managers were nice, and open. You will also interview with an HR rep.

Frontdesk Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I found the position posted on LinkedIn, i received a quick response from the corporate recruiter and set up an phone screen followed by a in person interview.
    I was kept in the loop as to what was going on the entire time and I appreciated that. They also have an automated system where you can keep track of the process as well.

Interview Questions

• What is motivating my move?   1 Answer

Naval Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Houston, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

pretty simple. first phone interview and then office interview standard process. Nothing techical during the interview.

Negotiation

2 rounds

Data Science Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monaco (Monaco)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Monaco (Monaco)) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone HR interview of 30 min:
    - education background
    - motivations for the job
    - language test (french, english)

Followed by skype technical interview during one hour:
    - project of the internship presentation
    - company presentation
    - personal project explanations/questions (based on resume)
    - machine learning questions
    - database tools questions

Interview Questions

• Given an example of data processing pipeline (from acquisition to deliverable model)   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ban Som Phone (Laos)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Ban Som Phone (Laos)) in August 2014.

Interview

First was a HR interview as a screen. Next level was a phone call from Oim. Or could be superintendent. There is a fixed sheet of questions for different posts. Casual and calm feel but be careful they suck you in by telling you lies.

Interview Questions

• How would you get the best out of your people   1 Answer

Negotiation

Again my inside contact have me a wage to stick to so when HR ask what you are currently making stick close to what you know. Low balled otherwise

Senior Planner/Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by Corporate Recruiter and had an initial phone interview. It was brief and we went through my experience, what I thought working in Houston, salary expectations, etc. Then a phone interview was arranged with the department manager. It was about 30-35 minutes interview, Manager was friendly and asked me technical questions. Now I am waiting for a video interview.

Naval Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontvieille (Monaco)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Fontvieille (Monaco)).

Interview

difficult as you have to apply via the internet which lead to delays in being hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one it was take it or leave it

Production Tecnichian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macaé (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Macaé (Brazil)) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online, two weeks later I received an email calling me to an interview. I attended a presentation and test in a group few weeks later and three months later I was summoned.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work within this Company?   1 Answer

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monaco (Italy)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Monaco (Italy)) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview first and then interviews in Monaco with different managers. Not very difficult questions just be honest in what you like and what you want to do on the long term.

Interview Questions

• Describe your motivations and the added value you can bring. What have you done before and why you want to join SBM.   Answer Question

Cost Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontvieille (Monaco)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SBM Offshore (Fontvieille (Monaco)) in December 2010.

Interview

First step is submitting the application through the internet, then being called for half-day interviews (meeting with head of Projects, Project Manager, Head of Cost engineering and finally HR)

Negotiation

Taken all the advantages this Company provides, it's quite tough to negotiate anything more than your requested salary !
    Generally a proposal is being sent to you by e-mail 2 weeks after the interview